Sketch #000017 - "The Universe"

Find a little moment each day to make a sketch! It doesn't have to take long, but if you have the time, don't worry to take it! :D

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Re: Sketch #000017 - "The Universe"

Everybody knows that we have a Universe inside each of our knee! ;)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:10 pm

"He Who Shrank" Henry Hasse (1913 - 1977) ...very neat read.

Thank you for your deep insight and perspective Taron. :)
I for one can't say if everyone at some point in their lives ponders space, creation, and perhaps hopes for answers to the big questions; why we are here - is there a purpose, where did we really come from, and what will happen to us. (all in a macro sense) Those questions have always pervaded my thoughts, even if I 'believe' I have some answers. It's just natural for us to do so, I suppose.
I can honestly say that the few deepest 'spiritual' experiences I could count as the most profound in my life had something to do with the pondering the 'heavens'... looking up at a field of stars and for a moment, experiencing a nearly debilitating sense of 'separation anxiety' from the 'creator' and all creation.
Could it be true? Are we not just random formations of genetic plankton infesting the side of an insignificant grain of sand floating in the ocean of space?

No, no.... for the universe has exacting order. There are inescapable laws that govern it, even many that we cannot conceive or measure. A creature such as us with minds so contemplative and internal structures so complex - we must be heirs of something greater... we are perhaps the way the universe "knows itself."

Is the universe finite in scale? Is time finite in its domain? We know truly not. An atom, if it could, could scarcely perceive of it's own scope within the mass of our Earth, let alone.
Infinity and eternity may be a real component in it all.

But we'll leave the measurements to the scientist and the speculation to the "bleeding hearts and artists." ;)
Visit: http://www.k4icy.com/ dA: https://www.deviantart.com/mikek4icy FB: mike.maynard.9277 email: mikek4icy@gmail.com
System Info: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 (12Gb), AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 Ghz, 16 Gb, Windows 11

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Hihihi, Pilou, that's great! :lol:

Mike, I think we just skip too much through the components when we ponder about ourselves. If you gradually examine the properties of all that we can perceive or imagine, it is easier to recognize what we are or what state we represent. What differentiates us from all the elements "beneath" or "before" us, is that we can communicate abstract thoughts and care to do so. We have the little crack in the fabric of existence which allows us to take a peek within ourselves.
By means of analogy we can quickly recognize that our individual purpose manifests itself through our actions. The more we can willingly invest into our actions, the purer the execution of our purpose, the clearer the sight of it. We have to rely on a logic beyond ourselves and trust in our love and passion as the receiver for such magnificent instructions. Love is hard to define, because it ain't all simple happiness that testifies to its presence. It is our ability to pursue a certain trait of ours with conviction and a recognition of what is an obstacle that challenges us and what is one that protects us. And this train of thoughts has no end in sight, haha, so I'll get off right now for the time being, haha! :lol: :roll:

I've pondered about the "something" the "It' that could be the initiator and/or receiver of all actions performed within existence, for the fun of my contemplation as anthropomorphic, as an individual being. Let's recognize ourselves as part of this being, which is beyond universal or physical concerns and pretend that we could recognize who we truly are! (Yes, yes, in a way like in the Matrix, haha, waking up from the pod into which we were strapped.) I tried to imagine what it would be like to have no desire, since there is no such thing as time, no such thing as any urgency, no such thing as possession, no limit as there is nothing defined. I tried to imagine to be without thought, as there was no framework within which a thought could be formed, release all that we know and all that we imagine, detach from the most basic necessities that are imposed on us in order to exist. And just as I came close to it and had "my foot in the door" a massive "crack" virtually exploded in my head, I could kind of "hear" the reverberation of it and drew nearly blank, snapping back into normal thinking patterns. I think, I might have approached the Veil from which the Kaballah speaks, the great void on the leap back to the first stages of existence, which can only be traversed, if you have no vital stake in life anymore, but your curiosity still resides within you somehow.
Even in the most spiritual thoughts, we often just pursue either the path of matter or the path of spirit or soul in that regard. To marry the two is extremely challenging and ends up being but a woven knot of methods, weak and without true clarity. Why is that? We always differentiate between patterns of thought and patterns of physicality. Naturally one is tied to the other from where we stand and we are ready to imagine that both are just aspects of the same "becoming", but at the end we can't truly see the connection with our intuition. Is thought radiation of some sort, souls stable patterns of energy, knit by some parallel development to the weaving of matter?
When I was about 16 I first said that if we pondered successfully about the way existence works, understood fully the universe and recognized the purpose of it all, we'd simply resume what we've already done, only with more conviction. I still can't argue against that, haha! :lol:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:54 pm

Taron:

Love the painting of the universe! How did you get the planets to be so round?

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi Umgrilla and welcome to the forum. I don't think I've seen your name, yet?!
Brush #1 or #6 are just round brushes. The "brush bias" you can adjust on the little thumbnail of the brush in the brush panel allows you to make the edges of those brushes sharper or softer. Turn them sharper and you can make such planets.
Make them in their own layer. When you then turn the "build-up" parameter in the brush pannel all the way down to zero, you can just paint on the existing material on such layers, which will act like a mask where the planets are. It's very simple and quick. Just have fluidity down to 0% and don't smudge over the edges. Hmmmm.... I really have to make proper masking, though.
THANKS, of course! :D

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Taron wrote:Brush #1 or #6 are just round brushes. The "brush bias" you can adjust on the little thumbnail of the brush in the brush panel allows you to make the edges of those brushes sharper or softer. Turn them sharper and you can make such planets.
Make them in their own layer. When you then turn the "build-up" parameter in the brush pannel all the way down to zero, you can just paint on the existing material on such layers, which will act like a mask where the planets are. It's very simple and quick. Just have fluidity down to 0% and don't smudge over the edges.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll give it a try soon.

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:23 am

a poem about universe ...
جهان و کار جهان جمله هیچ بر هیچ است
هزار بار من این نکته کرده‌ام تحقیق
دریغ و درد که تا این زمان ندانستم
که کیمیای سعادت رفیق بود رفیق
حافظ
universe !.jpg
universe !.jpg (225.73 KiB) Viewed 17010 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:55 am

You're sure those are not the lyrics of a 70's rock ballad? :lol: 8-)
"...buddy buddy keeper" ? :shock:
Kind of fun for sure!
Here's Google's translation into English:

World and the world is nothing to any
A thousand times I've researched this issue
It's time to stop the pain and did not know
The alchemy of happiness was buddy buddy
Keeper

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:07 am

thanks*
موضوع "جهان" خیلی خاص بود و من زیاد فکر کردم
و اتفاقا این شعر به نظرم رسید
Hafez = حافظ
it is his pseudonym.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West-%C3%B6stlicher_Diwan
ببخشید. معنی کامل این شعر کمی پیچیده هست
حتی در فارسی هم به توضیح زیاد نیاز دارد و تعابیر متفاوتی وجود دارد
این هم لینک شعر به صورت کامل
http://ganjoor.net/hafez/ghazal/sh298/
و البته تشکر از توجه شما

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Hmm....fun :D

Universe6.jpg
Universe6.jpg (245.38 KiB) Viewed 16985 times
Last edited by Knacki on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram
PreviousNext

Return to Sketch Topics