Bug Reports

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:21 am

Re: Bug Reports

this thing i'm gonna say is not a bug, but it's a thing that could be done in the past. it's about saving and making templates.
when a vrv saves, some of the important data and conditions won't save with it, color, build up, mask, warp map and in a hole: i like just like when we are saving vrv files and then again everything is just like before, when we save a new file same thing happens.
never-mind the fact that my saved files are still having trouble opening up, but for example: the balance situations with the fluidity which is quit interesting, is a complicated state that can't be easily re-adjusted again. or for another example, the unique marbles can't be saved to resize in the future.
thanks*

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:29 am

Hey Taron!

First bug:
When I press "c" while doing a paint stroke nothing happens until I release the left mouse button. Then the cursor changes to an arrow to pick a color, but there is no color wheel! It´s even impossible to make it work again! The only solution is to restart verve... :(

Second bug:
If i hit "g" nothing happens. There is no grid! Ctrl + g still changes the cursor, but that doesn't help if there is no grid. That's a pity, because the grid is totally awesome!

Third bug:
Ctrl + w changes the mode to image warp. The border gets blue, but nothing is warping... Some time ago, when you just implemented it, it worked! I tested it and it was great! The grid also worked sometimes... Sometimes it showed up, sometimes not... But now it just never showes up! I'm not sure... maybe that was on my old laptop... maybe the new hardware causes the problems.

This is my current system:
I7 4710 MQ 2.5 GHz
16 GB
Nvidia GTX 765 M

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Uh, thanks, Pollux! I didn't think anyone would want to use the color wheel mid-stroke, haha. Curious.

First bug: True...gotta fix that!

Second bug: Weird, works here... sounds like a weird problem to me. Start up Verve and hit g and, please, verify again that that's happening (not happening)?!

Third bug: If your fluidity is on 0% you have to smudge holding down [shift] in order to see anything warp. If you have fluidity up, you can paint it on without shift again. Something I should make more obvious.

I hope that helped a bit already?!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:46 am

Haha, I think you are right on that! Most likely no one wants to use it mid-stroke... except me! :D It just happend two times that the color wheel wasn't showing up again, so I tried to figure out what the problem was. I think I was so excited while painting that I accidentally hit the "c"-button a bit to early, just because I couldn't wait until the stroke was finished! :D
Thanks for fixing.

The grid still does not show up. I can restart Verve and even if "g" is the first button I press, nothing happens... :(

Thanks for explaning the warp feature! The fluidity was the problem. Now it works just perfect!!! Thanks a lot. But you are right, this wasn't that obvious.

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

I wonder, if anyone with a NVidia GTX 765 M can confirm the grid problem?! It's the first time I've heard of it and I'd love to know what it could be?! :shock:

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi Taron! I also tried it at the notebook of my brother. It has a Nvidia GT 650 M win7 64 bit. Same problem. No grid is showing up! This is strange...

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:52 pm

This makes it only mildly stranger, because I'd imagine someone with either card would say something...so weird.
You don't happen to have a desktop around?

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Ok, today I tried it at a desktop! (Nvidia GTX 460) The grid works perfectly fine there!

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:09 pm

That's great and bad, of course... DOH! Well, should I ever figure out a way to get funding for the development, I'll get all the major devices to test on. Before then...eh... :|
Thanks for testing, Pollux!

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:38 pm

Re:Nvidia 650m

PostPollux wrote:Hi Taron! I also tried it at the notebook of my brother. It has a Nvidia GT 650 M win7 64 bit. Same problem. No grid is showing up! This is strange...

fyi

Im using this card on MAcbook pro and the grid works fine
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]