Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Suggestions

AH, hm, I'll have a look. I miss it, too, but it had to go for a reason. I'm still in that silly limbo of wanting to do a whole new approach before continuing to improve something I may abandon, you know.
Anyway, I'll have a look. :ugeek:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:08 pm

I already said this, but I would love to have a gravity function for fluids.
Rebelle uses a simple dial knob for direction, a possibility to manipulate the strength by manipulating the direction line and an on/off knob in centre.
But fluids there are almost no fun in comparison to verve ;)

Btw. in procreate forum there is an extra subforum for suggestions.
Every suggestion can get more likes or not, which can give an surprising overview what people sometimes are missing.
https://forums.procreate.art/index.php?PHPSESSID=0990lmotd9f3v1h284q9e84dh0&board=10.0
Much better to organize than one thread, isn't it?
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:35 pm

That is, if you have an "organization", hahaha! :lol: :oops:
No, seriously, it's a good idea! I will strongly consider making a new subforum then! Thing is, and you know this, too, Verve is really before a major transition, which will make me rework a lot of things to a degree that old suggestions may not apply anymore in the same sense. I also want to provide you with a genuinely conceived tool like it always has been, except with far more understanding, which I have gained through you already! :beer:
Thus, before the whole big reincarnation of Verve, a complex suggestion forum would probably not be ideal just yet. But after it: YES, for sure! :ob

NOW as for gravity. I've tried it already a long time ago and the thing that bothered me even before I tried it still bothers me now. I have to rework the way fluids act within themselves, meaning the paint upon itself, so to say. Right now, if I had gravity, it would look terrible and wouldn't feel right. I am assuming to know what you'd be after, but am very certain this wouldn't happen the way things work right now. I also simply would be ashamed, hehe... :oops: ...so let me work this out and then I'll make a little virtual "JOYSTICK" for that gravity, how about that? This way you could tilt with actually visual feedback and it could provide some really neat level of control! :ugeek:

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:28 pm

Take your time, I just wanted to remind.
I think, I know what you mean.
What I would love to have are splashes and the possibility to make color run down the canvas.

Nothing which can't be achieved already with image pictures fakes..........
I got an idea.
What about painting a mask with image picture drops etc. and make the painting inside?
I'll try that. You'll see the result in my thread ;)

About subforum.
Well this sounds sensible.
I just thought it would be could for both:
You for finding quickly a nice idea and to have less double posts. And for the user to see quickly what is already suggested.
I am sorry, but I don't want to read this monster thread in total befor posting a suggestion just to see it's already done or not. ;)
I am super curious how verve will look like once you are done with basic transition.
May the force be with you!
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Absolutely, and I agree fully with it, but I said it already.
I'm really always running the risk of sounding totally arrogant, when I say that, but I won't soon run out of ideas, that's luckily not the problem. But my priorities are certainly different, because I'm often reaching for new, possibly unheard of things, which can lead me to neglect the things I should be listening to instead, pffhehe... :oops: :)

Just as a little reminder to you, though this isn't too easy to make, you can always paint a giant ramp with material buildup across the whole canvas and then hit [ctrl]+[p], which will transform the ...you know all that already, of course. Anyway, this can create a slope for the fluids! I should probably try it again myself, haha. :D

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:26 am

:shock: :idea: :bounce:

If they forced the layers to cooperate so that they would refresh in real time (as if merging down into the empty layer), it would look like the card was pouring paint.
Another type of drying of the paint - drying from the edges to the inside - it would be great!
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:47 am

Have you tried LAYER | OPACITY, yet?
Because it sort of does a very, very similar thing without the discoloration! :)

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:12 pm

* I tried :D and went to the darknes

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:38 pm

Everything is already invented.
You just have to discover it.
Paint - drying from the edges to the inside.

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:31 am

I have a suggestion too - maybe only a small code-snippet - waht about, that shift + c can not only save colors but also color + blend mode [>] [+] [=].
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]