Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Suggestions

Oh, the whole [N] thing is waiting for a whole new section dedicated to animation of paint features. There will be a section that covers the animation options for brush images and color effects. They will have pretty much the same parameters, while the color stuff will work with the swatches mostly. The swatches themselves will also get additional features. Speed and reasons for advancing to the next color/frame will be controllable! In case of colors, you will control the color changes via your swatch design. I am planning very much to introduce gradient powers to the swatches. You then should be able to design smooth and abrupt changes that way yourself. :ugeek:

Hey, und es ist recht erfrischend, Dich mal Deutsch schreiben zu sehen! :ob ...though, I wouldn't want to scare of the rest of the world, hehe. :hihi:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:25 am

Re: the "N"

YEah! on brush images and colour animation features!
SWatches are wonderful tooooo

ahhh......but the "N" thing is MAGIC
so with regards to random colour function.....
PLEEEEEEEEEEASE some simple controls to limit hue/sat ranges ? :):):):):):):):)
( or even just apply the same colour variability dial function from brush 9)
oh.....and a speed dial....of course ;)
thnx
hugs
lol
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:53 am

System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:30 am

It will never look that way, Knacki, I promise! :uhuhuh: :hihi:
But in terms of features it seems like a really good summary!
However, I want to remind you that my goal is to make it artistically sensible. Too easily one gets carried away by potential, losing touch with the essential. We shall see! 8-)

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Yes, please! Anything more decent can't harm. Verve becomes more and more an interface of floating knobs ;) :lol:
We just had exactly same discussion 10 pages before.

UI look wise, Affinity photo is pretty much what I would call a modern UI followed by procreate for touch devices, which looks good but is wasting a bit of space being a touch device.
Even though I really do love the simplicity of infinite painter (which I use almost exclusive last month - it's just too handy to have it on a 9,7" 500g tablet), which just misses decent indicators for brush size & opacity.

About colors:

I recently purchased coolorus 2.5 for photoshop.

As any prog. it has it's pros and cons but is a win for my photoshop workflow.
What I really do like:
1. color history swatches. - so easy, so useful. Grabbing color from your picture almost do same job, but color will get more and more "dirty" with every pick.
2. Gamut lock - one can just define an area on your color wheel for color picking, avoiding to go crazy.
3. Luminosity lock - once this is locked you can only choose colors of same greyscale which is super nice.
4. The selectors for different color schemes are...well theoretically one should be able to do it by your own.... ;) anyway, sometimes it's just inspiring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QdZALYz-EE

So what one can say? These are all nice to have, but basics first.

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 pm

I like color history swatches! That's something I would want, too.
All the rest, yeah, I want to re-enter my own zone, you know. I have zero intention to borrow ideas, when I have too many of my own already. It's not like I'm not progressing for lack of ideas, you know. I have things to work out in my life that require clarity. I also had no wish to repeat this exchange, as much as I appreciate it.
So, again, thanks, Knacki, really, but let me develop something genuine with the mind that brought you Verve already, you know. So...there's more to come and it won't have to explain itself to other developers! :ugeek:

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Hey, taron, is this topic "suggestions" ? ;)
But I know what you are talking about.
It's always distracting, even if you try to be focused. It feels like everyone is tearing you around, trying to push you in his direction.
You already said that you have a bunch of your own, unique ideas, and I truly believe far more ideas than you are able to realize due to lack of time and manpower and due to the fact that verve is work only, no income.

There was a time, I didn't watch what others do, just taking the inspiration from my very own energy, instead of getting "inspired" by others.
You know what?
My work was probably more unique, more modern but most important, I definitely felt much more satisfied and self-confident and was more focused.
But therefore, I really had to close some parts of myself....

Anyway.
Sometimes a wheel comes in very handy, doesn't matter who invented it. But I can stop informing you about those experiences i made, for sure, if you want to be focused.
Paul Gaugin said:
Art is either plagiarism or revolution.

:D

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm

BRILLIANT!
But allow me to explain to you why I'm a little concerned about these types of "Can you do that, too!" -Suggestions:
- I like to create tools that give me the kind of power I am looking for. I then can think about what I want and how I could make it from a point of deep, actual understanding. Whether then somebody had made something like it before or not does not matter, because what I create then has the DNA of my understanding and not just a mediocre projection of something somebody else did before.

You see what I mean? It's not a matter of pride at all! It's all a real matter of giving me the fundamental connection to what I do so that I can expand on it naturally, conceive its structure in a present context in my mind. I also need all the mistakes it makes me do from which I then can learn in fully conscious reference to where it happened and so on. This way I'm virtually growing a software, growing a tool that then stays true to its nature from the very inside to the face of it.

"Suggestions" is a thread where I love to see what people feel like could enhance their process based on what they're experiencing in Verve, you know. Yes, sure, many times people come and say: Hey, there's this super expensive software I don't want to buy, but it has this feature I want...can you make it for free, please?! ...or there are those, who really appreciate the new perspective Verve has to offer, but really hate to leave the environment they're used to. Or you have the genuinely supportive friends that couldn't possibly be any closer to my heart, like YOU, for example, who really want to sneak the best of what they see out there into Verve somehow, hehe, which is super sweet and all. But I would really not do you any service, if I didn't tell you all this and at least tried to make sure you understand where I'm really coming from with all of this, you know. One thing I hate most is the very idea that I would disappoint you, too, you know. I really don't ever want to do that, yet, I'm dragging myself for a little too long already, I know. But this will derail the thread completely so... there you have it. And this one here: :hug:

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm

hey dear Taron - maybe you will find here some ideas too?
PrismaPalette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpMABCUQAnY

ColourConstructor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfhAEdn2Z_U

Just as ideas :beer:

ok, with AmbientLight-Color Setting, and LightColor Setting we have a kind of colourconstructing too - and people did like my paintings from verve - with the colors - but I don't know so much about colors :roll:

ps. dear knacki - you shoudl watch the clips also - maybe you will find prismapalette or ColourConstructor useful too. But you knwo, we have Verve too - its a bit like ColourConstructor too :roll:
Last edited by Zeropainter on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm

As for the color history swatches, how about each collected color swatch gets a statistic attached for how much paint on the canvas it was used for, you know. Something like summing up the amount of strokes, their lengths and times the size of the brush tip. That way when you look through your color history you can have more orientation. Also, when you pick a history swatch and use it without changing the color, it would simply add to the statistics, rather than making a new history swatch?!? Just some ideas. It all would have to show in actual workflow, of course.
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]