Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: Suggestions

Try toggling it's visibility with [Shift]+[Tab] ! ;)
Great to have you on board, Nik! :beer:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:11 am

A third color-picing option would be nice, Colorpicking only the layers "below" - would be e.g. nice for overpainting 3D Alphas, without picking colors from the 3d-rendering :roll:

get now gray tones from the cubes if I want selecting
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 am

Hmmm, that's a cool idea, Zero! Thanks! :ob

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:52 am

Re: to Beta or not to Beta ?

Lemisison posted a good question back in April.....
" why is Verve still in beta? It absolutely deserves to be a release in the state it is "

I try to refrain from pushing this topic because I know its a bit more complicated that calling Version 1.0 and throwing it out into the world.
But you seemed open and receptive to such encouragement so Im going to throw in my two cents.

The task of refining all features and resolving outstanding issues is no doubt daunting and perhaps debilitating. But I would suggest that much of the deeper functionality is not essential and a simpler approach to the initial offering might make things more manageable and practical...for you and even for new users :)

The magic of Verve and what still makes it unique amongst paint software ( for now) is its most basic quality of fluid painting which has been present from the beginning. Which is to say that all most people want, need and expect is a wonderful paint experience and a clean simple interface. As far as Im concerned that could mean as little as a single layer, basic colour picker, one great brush, a few brush shapes ( flat, round, square) and paint,smudge,erase functions. These simple tools as they exist in Verve cover ALOT of wonderful ground,can go a long way and would make most people very happy.

Perhaps a marketing approach could be to have this BASIC version available for free or minimal cost and then
allow for additional "PRO" features ( layers,masking,custom brushes,colour sets etc...if and when they are ready) to be unlocked through in app purchase or initial purchase.

This would at least get Verve out into the world ...and while it may not be a pro tool initially..it will certainly make a splash and become a part of the game. I have heard you express the desire to make it available for tablet devices. This is obviously where Verve wants to live !....and if its possible it should be done...if there are too many roadblocks then it will stay on destktop pc. Either way, as Lemi says....it should have a life beyond its current circle of followers. It deserves as much...and god only knows you deserve some compensation for your brilliant creation Taron! :)

While Im trying to tame real world paint and get my hands dirty these days....the paintings I create in Verve still serve as the basis and inspiration for my canvas paintings. Long live Verve!!!!!

A million thanks for all your wonderful work Taron :)
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:31 am

Hey Stavros, it's been a while again! Thank you so very much! :hug:
Currently I have both my hands locked to our bootstraps, working on pulling us out of the mud by wrapping up the software my wife came up with. Once this runs and life begins to function again, I will love to return to Verve and all your suggestions and encouragements will be my fuel to finally take Verve out of beta (alpha, really). 8-)

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:04 am

Has any thought been given to the idea of making Verve VR compatible? I wonder how difficult it would be to set up a second camera angle and get a true 3d experience. Also, there is a serious lack of "2d" painting application in VR. It would be a blast to have a giant 3d canvas to paint 3d fluids onto.
System: 2.8 GHz Q. Core Xeon E5462 x2 / EVGA GeForce GTX 770 / Windows 7 / 6GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:03 am

I would love to experiment with that, but still can't make any investment of that kind. Once that becomes possible, I imagine this to be pretty amazing, too! :)

Post Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:49 am

what about a shapefill tool, like in Krita? :D I like that tool and its unique.
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:37 am

You mean like a lasso that automatically fills? I've already made that for the first version of Vervette already and it's wonderful to use! Definitely!
I'm planning to go one step further and allow using shaders and custom shaders for the filling. That will be nuts! :hyper:
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]