Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:05 am

Re: Suggestions

Taron wrote:Oh no, no, no... layers export has to be 16bit png only for sure! That includes a 16bit png depth layer export separately. That can be chosen either as combined depthmap or you can go as crazy as asking each layer to export both components (color & depth) separately. What on earth would you want with lousy jpgs? :P

You can always suggest away, don't hesitate. I'll tell you when I think you'd be out of your mind :D ...but I guess wildly I'm far more out of mine! :D :D :D

You are correct, of course. In my laziness, I used jpeg as shorthand for being to export separate layers.

As to my insanity:

I wish I had a brush I could use to drip and throw paint on that dynamic paint layer. Like Jackson Pollack did. But in Verve have the drips strike and interact with that lower fluid layer. It's a crazy idea and the GPU routines probably don't support such a thing. I'm a dreamer.
HP i7-2600 3.4GHz 12GB memory running Win-7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX550 Ti

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:45 am

The GPU doesn't have to do the flinging, just the catching, hahaha.... so that has nothin' to do with it. BUT you should already try using brush 8 with small BRI.SiZE and a few BRISTLES...that can get some Pollack like effects, even the old brush 2 and 3 with few bristles can get there quite nicely. BUT I understand... (lot's of big BUTS, hm)...no, no, I really like it, because I felt for that to be possible early on already.
The thing that I'm thinking about is various ways in which you can play with the brush-bristles, not just paint on the canvas, but spray, fling, dribble...all that stuff. Not insane at all...or..eh.. is it?!? :P

Yeah, much, much later, but yes! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:53 pm

Ok : I have tryed the beast ! :D
Alas my computers are now too old but all is working like a charm just with a very very slow lazzy mouse effect! :)
Soon a new computer so more funny with your cool liquidify prog!

Suggestion : cycling colors ? A rainbow for example!
Not for animation, just for painting in a stroke! :)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 pm

AHahahahaha, that's a nice idea! I was going to put in multicolored bristle potential anyway, when you pick up color from a pallet, you know. But some funky color automation, hehe, sure! :D

Turn "Fluiditiy" to 0% and see, if your old computer gets a bit faster! ;)

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:51 pm

Overall the programm is really great. I miss personally only few features from other Programms like Photoshop, Corel Painter, ... .

1. This color wheel alternative in Verve Painter:
For me it's personally really hard to pick the right color with the current color wheel.

2. It will be great, if it possibility to increase the resolution and change the size individual. I work from time to time with really wide or really high sizes. I paint this here for examble in verve. The size without the black shapes are only 288 x 838 Pixel. :<

3. Also it will be great if i can set the shortcuts individual. For examble i use often horizental flip to check my work but F6 is not really for me a good position for my left hand.

I hope it was clear, because my english is really bad, haha.

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:02 am

Your english was perfect! I never noticed any troubles! ;)
I was going to add additional color pallet models anyway, so, yes, this is very possible!
Custom resolutions are coming for sure!
Custom Hotkeys are partially prepared already, but I realized that I have to go a bit further to make that a bit smarter than it currently could be.

So, that's a YES, YES and a YES! 8-)

And great painting, by the way! I hope you'll make a Gallery thread for your works!? <please!!!> :)

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Another evidence! :mrgreen:
Seems there not big difference between Liquid and Fire simulation ?
So maybe not a big work for simulate this other pillar of the Nature? :)

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Uhm...here's me tooting my own horn... ready? <drumrolls> ...I've written the first fully digital fire in a Hollywood movie called "Gothika". That was my first fluid dynamics experience so many years ago. So, yes, fire and water all follow the same universal desire to find an equilibrium. Essentially absolutely everything is, except that the grown complexity of matter in motion makes it hard to recognize this trait in everything. ;)

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:27 pm

Funny Gothika was made by a French famous guy of the new generation! ;)

Ps another suggestion: no record mode? For replay any creation for the the pleasure of the eyes! 8-)
Will be more small than a video ;)
This is too cute! 8-)
by the author of Verve ;)

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Ehehehe, thank you, Pilou!
Yeah, a friend of mine recently asked me about recording, too! Drpetter and I had that in our first go at a painter together called "Canvarion". Recording was more or less happenstance, because we made it network ready, so people could paint together on one canvas, kind of like the good old "openCanvas".
I won't do that for Verve, I'm sure, but recording could become an option. Thought about it already! :)
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]