New Feature Requests

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 pm

New Feature Requests

im new to this form. I did not know how to ask for this, so here it goes.
Id like to ask the programmer if you can add a gravity effect to the canvas, so that i can direct the gravity in whatever direction.

specifically, i want the effect of running paint, down a canvas, like from using too much. I do graffiti art, and this effect is vital to my art.

There was a app which previously was able to do this called Rebelle from Escape Motions. However The new version of that app does Not effectively accomplish this effect no longer. its gone .
older versions were able to do this flowing gravity effect. but no longer sadly.

VERVE PAINTER however looks promising . if you can add this effect, then i will use your app and actively promote it .

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Re: New Feature Requests

Welcome to the forum, first of all! :beer:
Yeah, it's an old request and I played around with it briefly, but put it on hold until I do a more complex simulation, which would deal more with surface tension of fluids. See, the problem right now is, that it wouldn't behave the way you'd expect it to. For this to feel natural, I would have to create a sort of gathering or accumulating of mass with a threshold, when the weight would have to break the surface and then run across the canvas until the canvas material has absorbed enough of the fluid mass...so.... a WHOLE bunch of stuff to consider for this to really feel right.
I LOVE the challenge, though! So, I'd like to say that you can count on me finding a solution to this eventually. I just can't tell you when, yet!
The timing for this request isn't all bad, though. Just the other day I thought about flood filling again, which I hadn't been thinking about for a long time. Part of what this would take would be very, very similar or even part of what was necessary to make the above work nicely.
So, yeah... chances are it will come even sooner.

Request happily noted and, again, welcome aboard! 8-)
Speaking of graffiti, just the other day we talked about the Wacom airbrush. Have you ever tried it out?
Again, amazingly, a short time before that came up, I thought about using the pen's distance to the tablet as a potential feature to work with. Hmmm...
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:01 pm

Just to share, i made a video recording playing with VERVE Painter.
This is just a test, i will upload new videos to a different channel when im ready . Im not a professional artist, but i do sometimes like to record drawing attempts.

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0shlcn9Mtx4

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:22 am

AH, yes, nice warmup for sure! Thanks for sharing! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:48 am

Hi Taron
Usually custom brushes appear on the canvas in a static size whatever you set the brush size to. I made a custom brush that acted in a unusual and really interesting way. I don't know if it was a glitch or maybe I pressed some hot key when I made it. What happens is the brush starts out very small (like when you set the inner brush ring to a small size. However I had it set at the same size as the outer ring. So what happens is it starts small then grows larger the longer I hold the mouse down. This effect makes for a very dynamic stroke compared to a static size brush. Can I make other brushes like that, is there a keyboard shortcut? or is there a way to change the inner ring size interactively while you are painting. It would be a great way of making custom brushes more dynamic.
Happy Holidays :lol: :hihi: :hyper:

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]