Color problems

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Color problems

Hey there! Yeah, it's the crazed rodent from YouTube...and it has a problem (nothing new there, lol). After dl'ing Verve - how do I explain this? - let's say I start painting in green, then click another color on the palette - like blue...as soon as the brush touches the paper, it will change everything that has already been painted to the new color, or some variation thereof. In other words, I can't control the colors at all, lol. Did I break something? :(

Using 2 yr old desktop, with Win 7 64 bit, AMD64 processor...and although I DO use programs like Poser, and Daz Studio, I am no techie :)
Any suggestions?
hamstergirl

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: Color problems

Hope you don't mind me moving this to the Community Forum, but yeah...
That is an AMD problem, actually, assuming there's the respective AMD graphics board in it, too, hehe...ouch! :|
The shaders don't work properly on those, which you may notice also, when you look at the interface, which then would not be transparent as it should be. :roll:

I'm kind of thrilled it runs at all on a laptop, why ever. They often don't seem to have really decent graphic cards, but well... ...I'm not yet sure how to go about it, because I need to figure out which openGL instructions please the radical AMD creators, while Nvidia happily accepts it all. But hopefully I can crack that mess eventually.

But most importantly: WELCOME, HAMSTERGIRL! Your comments on youtube made me quite happy! :D ...I'd love to solve those troubles quickly so I will keep seeing around here. You certainly add to the collection of great spirit!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Hey, HamsterGirl, can you download the version again and see what happens? Check if the interface is transparent (like satin glass)! I'm trying something different right now, not sure, if it does the trick already?!

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:57 am

Hi Taron!
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner and that I posted in the wrong forum - things have been kind of crazy this week, I think my planets are crashing into each other :)

Okay, I dl'd the version again as you asked - yes, the interface is nice and frosty/transparent, but still has the same problem. However, I have found a workaround - it's a bit wonky, but it works. When I change the brush's color, then touch it to the paper, any paint already on the surface changes to the new color as well...so, if I'm real careful and only touch it once, then immediately hit Cntl Z, it undoes the color change and I can then paint normally with the new color...repeating this step with every color change could put a dent in one's spontaneity, but then I'm no Rembrandt, so it's not a problem, lol....

Taron, I have tell you this...I've only been playing with computers/digital painting since 2006 - but I've amassed so many programs, both free and paid and I spend all my time playing with them. Dogwaffle, Artrage, Krita, My Paint, Twisted Brush, LiveBrush, Painter X, just to name a few....but NEVER have I seen ANYTHING like Verve - not even on Chrome, which has some awesome painting apps, some of which have just recently been released. I used to think that Artrage captured the look and fee of real, textured oil paint best, but I think it may be taking a back seat to Verve - you've got a real gem going here, and I'm so happy your videos caught my eye. Also, you are one hell of an artist :) I was born with an overwhelming need to create, but they forget to give me any talent, lol, so I usually just slap a lot of colors on something....eh, if it makes you happy, right?!
Okay, I HAVE to get some sleep!...zzzzzzzz

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:19 am

You have chosen the most aggressive way to make me put everything into solving this problem: twisting my heart with pure joy! :D
I'll still be flying blind on this, so you'll have to help me see with feedback, but I know exactly where the hick-up is triggered.
Anyway, I'm so happy about everything you've said there (even the bug report and even more so you're wonderful readiness to beat it with a work-around already, that's pure awesomeness!). I love ArtRage and respect all the others so very much (don't know LiveBrush and just learned about MyPaint), but when Verve poked its head through my experimentation and smiled right at me, my heart leaped immediately. I'm still as bedazzled by it as I was from the start, when I did my first blending test, even after countless paintings. However, now I owe my own creation to really make it grow healthily into what it can become. I'm no father, yet, (LOL already about the comparison) but I wonder if there are some minor similarities here. Especially through all of you it develops a mind of its own for sure, but more so it becomes a link between all of us.
Ok, now I'm psyching out myself, haha.... "NAH, piece of code! I will teach you to mess with hamstergirl!" :D

Thank you for starting up my day so beautifully!

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Hmmm, I've tried something, hoping that it might have been the problem, but... well... you'll have to tell me! I'm a little concerned to keep asking you to download the latest version and tell me, if it works. Have you ever seen this movie where a blind guy and a deaf guy sit on a bench with a rubik's cube...and the blind guy's working it, holds it up to the deaf guy after every move and asks: "Is it right, now?" :lol:
Might've looked like this:

8-):|
T~~~~~~~~T

Anyway, it's most amazing how many times I thought of that scene in various context over the years... curious.

There is a new parameter in the new version, too, which could get pretty exciting and had been triggered by what you made me look for, hehe. It's a brush parameter to control the paint build-up it creates on the canvas. It has a fascinating side-effect, which I'll just have to cover in a new video. I'll make one later for sure! :)

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]