Extrapolations

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: Extrapolations

Hi Tartan,
I think you're on right track with your character!
His expression is pretty much finished, maybe you should take Knacki's suggestion for his left eye and slide it to the bottom-left, closer to nose bridge. Good point Knacki!
Is he one strong character, or maybe in order to express that he's even more shocked you should slightly open his mouth to add to expression?
Great image! c:!

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks Zen :)

I have worked on him a bit mainly on the eyes and the forehead. I decided to move on and regard him as doodling while I try and think of him in a 3d light and revisit him. I am trying to loosen up to work on Moons which will be partially done in Verve ;)
doodling 00.jpg
doodling 00.jpg (116.02 KiB) Viewed 9788 times

Doodling.jpg
Doodling.jpg (135.06 KiB) Viewed 9788 times

small landscape.jpg
small landscape.jpg (116.99 KiB) Viewed 9788 times
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:52 am

Hehehehehe, you're something else, T! :lol:
...I hope, you are aware that most artists at one point or another converse with their creation in progress. I know that I do, that's for sure! :? :lol: :geek:
But very, very few artists would write it down like that, hehe, I think that's very inspiring! :D

Write on! 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:39 pm

This is an amazing idea tartan!
Explore this "model - artist" dialog more. Make it an own genre and it'll be a very cool thing.
As a growing boy, I was reading adult comics. Dope Rider, The Freak Brothers, all these crazy crazy fun stuff. I can remember some artits sometimes drew themselves in a dialog with their work, but not in this unfinished state like you stopped. Isn't it exactly that point people stopping by when you draw in public? Being curious how this could end. Asking silly sounding questions as they try to imagine what or whom that could be. People have a uncontrolled will in recognizing things in everything. Use that like you did in first one, create a real artistic genre around all this and you will soon have a lot success...maybe ;)

Btw. Landscape is very convincing.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks Taron :) Thanks Knacki :)

For me it's a fun way to break through a block whether its a writing block or an art block. No I am not the first to have done this and I am hoping I am not the last because of the fun factor. :D :beer: ahh The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and classics like Mr. Natural (old word for lsd if I remember correctly) I love art sequences where an artist talks to his creations. R Crumb was a crudely Brilliant artist and writer :D

Post Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:54 pm

The Doodle Factor

Hey Folks

I posted this a few days ago and took it down almost immediately because of the fact that in today’s common, web technology there aren't any translators that can read the text from an image. I am sure that programs like that are out there but not in public usage. So I want to explain it here where anyone can translate. I don’t want anyone to misinterpret the finger. That finger is aimed at one person only and that is me as I have a little fun and re-motivate myself creatively.

The transformations started with the wild eyed drunk. I had hit the point I needed to walk away and maybe revisit it later when I was feeling it. Eventually the drunk became Mr. Sun and I was happier with the result. As I was going through old Verve projects to muck up I ran into Mr. Sun and did this to him. Ideally, his hand should be showing the proximal phalanx of the folded fingers but I was so happy with the middle finger that I took the rest of his fingers away from him and he didn't notice. Yet. ;)

Tom
The Doodle Factor.jpg
The Doodle Factor.jpg (178.6 KiB) Viewed 9738 times

Post Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Cthulhu

I started out doing a Cthulhu and then it turned into a shading variations exercise from light to dark to inbetween. By the way. These are some of the fingers I took from Mr. Sock Puppet before he disappeared into the ether ;)
octo2.jpg
octo2.jpg (90.3 KiB) Viewed 9725 times

Post Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:38 pm

You definitely improved with shading Tartan! c:! :ob

Post Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:41 am

One black finger? Maybe you have hold too tight ;)
Keep it coming. It seems you are getting more and more into the verve groove.

Ether??
Best for me to feel at home again is doing some abstracts in verve. Hell, that is always fun! :D
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:51 pm

Thanks Zen,

Its just doodle practice. I am trying to get control of the shading and sometimes I see the look I want. It's going to take a lot of doodles before I reach it.

Thanks Knacki :)

Into the ether ;) It's an old literary term that in some usage meant to " disappear into the upper limits of the stratosphere". I guess these days people would tend to imagine someone jumping into a vat of chemical ether lol

I have to say that looking at this doodle makes me cringe. It is by far the most bizarre doodle I have done since I was a teenager in history class. I had completed the base without the fingernails but I was still thinking on the hand in the previous image and shading. That's where the black finger came from as a variation. I doubt I will ever use that but I started thinking of it as the finger from a frozen thousands year old mummy. I generally don't like zombies so I won't be doing that. I think. The tentacle finger I like the most is the far left. Tempting to finish but I am cringing at the subject. It was great practice tho :)

PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks