verve exploration

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:44 pm

verve exploration

Well here are the first 2 explorations I saved as image.

The current resolution problem I have makes it unworkable to load vrv file... since the paint starts sliding down directly after loading. So I kept the hare like as image since it felt kinda potent.
And the fish like thing used to be more like a photo realistic dress.. but then I turned of drying... and well this is what happened to it. Smudgy but fun.
Attachments
visje.jpg
visje.jpg (128.51 KiB) Viewed 21518 times
knijn.jpg
knijn.jpg (96.08 KiB) Viewed 21518 times

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:03 pm

Re: verve exploration

Arrrgh, you're kidding...darned. I'll have a look, that cannot stand.
But, yeah, I should probably add a [CAUTION] to turning off drying, hahaha! It makes the entire canvas fluid, as you now know. But you could've hit undo, of course...<caugh> while there's only one per layer presently. SO, hey, when you like what you've got, just copy the layer ([shift]+layer add) and work on the new version. You can hide the other layer, too, in case there was some opacity.

Anyway, cool first doodles! I have gigabytes worth (or not worth) of experimental doodles. ;)

I'm getting right on the running paints...
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Taron wrote:But, yeah, I should probably add a [CAUTION] to turning off drying, hahaha!

Hmm, I don't think that will be needed as people would pick up on that fast enough. :P
Anyway thanks for the tips and for looking at the running paint.
I find myself often not documenting experiments but maybe this thread will be a reminder. Should be fun.

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Absolutely, that would be a great idea! I hope others take that as inspiration, too, such a "notebook" would be just perfect! (and terrifying, naturally :lol: )

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Oh, can you try downloading the latest version right now? I've done a small update that might fix your running paint issue, but I'm not sure. I just don't have that problem, so it's hard to figure this out, but just try it, please!

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Taron wrote:Oh, can you try downloading the latest version right now? I've done a small update that might fix your running paint issue, but I'm not sure. I just don't have that problem, so it's hard to figure this out, but just try it, please!

Tried it, unfortunately it didn't fix the running paint problem. But it does skip the "too big" resolution and initially starts in 800x600.

Does it help to mention that when I zoom out the dark horizontal border gets treated like its part of the canvas?

Here is a screenshot:
Attachments
drip.jpg
drip.jpg (330.31 KiB) Viewed 21487 times

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:28 pm

LOL... ah...I probably shouldn't laugh, right?! :roll:
Damn, well, I'm not yet sure how to deal with that properly, but I'll keep looking, of course. I'm sure it's a frame buffer thing, albeit a weird one. I'm running a heft 2560x1600 resolution on my desktop, so testing is a little... ehe... caugh...well, I'll try! :?

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:43 pm

Wow! I also shouldn't sound too surprised to say this, but even at 2560x1600, if I turn the fluids off, Verve is smooth like butter...totally fast as if nothing was different?!? That is a bit shocking to me and very, very cool.
At that resolution the task bar region is rather tiny, but I sense a slight effect it has on the fluids, which are terribly slow then, though. They seem to want to go downward. Not sure if it is the same, though. Too bad I cannot really change my desktop resolution down, as weird as it sounds. But I'll keep at it!

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Hmm, I somehow think it's not the taskbar but relating to the top of the windowframe. I don't know the term for the top bar of the window frame... you know: the bar with the minimize button and x and such.
But yeh if you run in a window with the native resolution.. the whole snaps and is fixed into place, and that bar is kinda displaced, or such, since the resolution relates to the canvas size... uhm.

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:50 pm

Oh man, yeah, you might be perfectly right there. Ah, it's been a long and exciting day. I'll have to relax a little, I think. I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, actually, while...uhm...yeah, I'll have to calm down a bit and then get into it tomorrow. That is unless my professional project finally catches up with me again, which it should've already... if so then it'll be the weekend, but I might have an idea.
Next

Return to Your Artworks