Marcat

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:36 am

Marcat

Hello,

This is the first thing I seriously tried to make with verve painter. I love space scenes and my friend was telling me how she got to look at the sun today through a telescope and see the prominences with her own eyes and I felt inspired. :D I'm not a great artist by any means so it's nowhere near the quality of some of the wonderful pieces I see shared on this site but I still would like to show the result anyway! What's the point in making a picture if noone get's to see it?

Thanks for viewing!
Rina K.
Attachments
sol.jpg
sol.jpg (50.3 KiB) Viewed 20727 times

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:24 am

Re: Marcat

Nice first try out, if you want to change into a glowing mode, you can hit the M-Key .. it changes into a bright value for the same color. And if you are new on digital painting .... that's a good site for teaching in digital painting, there are over 100 short tutorials .... http://www.ctrlpaint.com ... ok, matt kohr is mostly working in potoshop, but I think 80%-90% are working also with other painting-programs (e.g. with krita) and with verve .... c:!

And take also a look for tarons demo movies in youtube ;)

wish you happy painting c:!
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:47 am

WELCOME to the forum, Rina!!! :bounce:
That's actually a very beautiful rendition of a sun and truly ominous, too! :o ...that has to be a spooky sunspot right there!
I really love the delicate sensation of its substance and the fine marbling. I'd say: You've done a STELLAR job with your first painting!!! :D 8-)

I love space scenes, too. With all the new stuff I've been putting into Verve, galaxies and nebulae are fantastic fun to paint and I'll surly post some new videos around those, eventually. :ugeek:

Anyway, this site is for us sharing experiences above all else, having fun with Verve and letting our creativity lead a desire to explore. With genuine results like yours already, you're a perfect fit for this crowd! :D c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Thank you very much for the kind words and encouragement! I will definately be checking out those tutorials. The spooky sunspot is actually meant to be a transiting planet. I actually had the most trouble with that because I needed a really sharply defined disc and I couldn't figure out a nice easy way lol. Thank you so much for making this program and making available for free! It is super fun to use.

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:05 pm

Oooohh... :oops: ...that makes a lot more sense, and it's still nice and spooky somehow! Venus?
Anyway, there are several ways on how to get a really sharp disk. Brush #1 and #6 are just blobs (disks), whereby you can control the sharpness of it with the "brush bias". You adjust that by considering the little preview thumbnail of the brush in the brush interface as a dial. It's a little weird and it will all change, but there you can dial up and down the "bias". You'll see how the shape changes when you do that.
The other way to make sure you don't disturb the fluids on your current layer is to make a new layer. You can use the interface for that, which shows little buttons on the top and bottom edge of your little layer slate. Or you may just hit [F9], which will add a new layer.
Make sure you have "build up" (also in the brush interface) above 0%, otherwise no new material is added to the layer, which makes it seem as though the brush wasn't working anymore.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:52 pm

OHhh the brush bias thing would have helped so much! There is so much to learn :D I didn't decide which planet that was. It could be Venus.. or Earth.. or maybe a rogue planet that's zipped its way right through our solar system! A near miss! Up to you what you think it is. :)

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Hello Marcat, nice welcome picture! Good job. I like space scenes too :)
Don´t be shy to post your pictures. Everybody has talent for painting. The next important things are enthusiasm and patience (not only for painting of course :D ). Another good results will appear soon!

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Thank you!

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:49 pm

By Melies on the previous century! ;)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:37 pm

Lol!
Next

Return to Your Artworks