rcpongo's doodles

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Re: rcpongo's doodles

Cool! I almost didn't post that one.

Don't worry about the settings files getting broken. I'd rather things moved forward than getting held back due to backwards compatibility. Once you get something you are satisfied with, you should start a section where we can share brush settings though.

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Yeah, that all will come, once I'm done, for sure! ;)
I'll try to keep the settings halfways compatible, though. Just that some things have changed fundamentally that it may not behave exactly the same way anymore. But that's pretty normal from update to update.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 am

I have to comment your art rcpongo too! Your landscape are really cool! Especially the one with a jumper! Distant mountain on the left side, vastness, light, jumper.. absoluty gorgeous! c:!

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Your aquarelle (watercolor) style is really great !! Super process. I want to see more and more ! ! And Welcome c:!

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:24 am

LIKE + really LIKE * really GREAT **
i hope we have sooner built in render features in verve . ... direct ... verve render ...

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:46 am

Blender Render:

Yes, my textures in that one are only created at 1280x720, so anything rendered higher than that will lose some quality. Also, going larger will show the limits of the displacement map. Micropoly displacement will definitely help once it arrives. You could also mix in an extra very fine detail to add more imperfections at that scale.

Bump node is being driven by the mat texture,... not sure what you are seeing.
Height is used in the bump node because this is a height map, not a normal map, and this node converts it to normals for the Glossy BSDF

Yup, the 2 subdivision modifiers are there to get around the limit of 6. Also this kept the file smaller than using multi-res, which gives the same end result.

And just one more watercolor look to end the evening.
Attachments
landscape12b.jpg
landscape12b.jpg (115.08 KiB) Viewed 14262 times

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:59 am

This is very nice indeed
I am quite interested in Verves potential for fluid wet on wet watercolour effects
( even though the goopy pasty 3d paint gets me riled )
Beauty of these watercolours is that when you print them on watercolour paper
they are living in their proper place and not pretending to be anything else.
The illusion of the 3d paint is awesome but it is just that…an illusion…si it looks like a photo of real paint
as opposed to a painting in and of itself.

re:bump…yup my mistake..

finally…I am really curious about the resolution limits of your graphics card…have you pushed it to see how large yyou can go?
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:24 am

I think I'm all over the place with this stuff so far! At some point I should probably settle down and work on a particular style, but so far it's been a lot of unwinding, jumping between thick goopy paint and wispy delicate watercolors. The amazing thing is that Verve handles everything with such ease, and even when my fluids are going a bit crazy, a quick bump on the fluidity knob and things shape right up.

Anyways, I just had to post to say that the 3d may not be completely an illusion. I am (hopefully) very close to getting a CNC machine that would allow me to "print" (or in this case cut) a 3d surface. The color data would get lost, but the ability to cut one of these canvases out of a chunk of wood might be a very cool technique. I'll be sure to post if this ever happens. I've been wanting one forever, I just need to justify the expense to my other half!

As for the Max resolution,... I'll have to check tomorrow at work. My home machine is only a GTX 660ti, and all my big gear is at work. Is there a specific way to figure out max resolution? Otherwise I guess I'll just keep increasing the crop size til it crashes.

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:43 am

LIKE+

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:44 am

I'll work out a more sophisticated render option for you guys in one of the future versions! ;)
But this is very exciting stuff already! :ob
Thanks for sharing that, rcpongo and Stavros! :beer:

Besides, even the ink-jet 3d layering technique thingy from years ago should do the trick to get some amazing 3d print outs. I really can't wait to see this happening! :bounce:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks