Skywind concept art

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: Skywind concept art

Oh no, I think the rocks look perfectly like rocks. I was referring to the mushroom cloud out of the volcano there! ;)
There's nothing wrong with painting what so ever! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 pm

Hehe - nice one.
I love mushrooms!
About saturation.
Sure gamma is not saturation, but one parameter affecting a complete layer.
Maybe you haven't played with it yet.

AND - you can export your laayers as pngs and make exactly what you wanted somewhere else like photoshop etc. ;) No excuse so :D :D
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Oddly enough, I think, in case of this particular picture, it's kinda nice that you didn't get to push "depth", because it's "flatness" is kind of its appeal, I find. It's a neat style! 8-)
But it's true that in Verve you might want to think more in terms of traditional painting and plan accordingly. You can still work with layers, of course and make sure you got foreground and background separately at some point. I will, however, add post processing effects to it soon! ;)

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:17 pm

THX for your guy's tips. when i'll get mre seriously into concepts with verve i will most probably make the background with verve and then import and finish in PS, for now im playing around :)
if i havve to use verve from start to finish i'll treat it like traditional art and probably not even make layers. im really digging this software, i wish i had more time to play around with it :3

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:59 pm

It's perfectly legit to use the layers ;) ...even in a traditional sense it's kind of ok, considering that it's like working on a "totally dried up" canvas, so to say. And I love making at least one additive layer over top.
Very nice atmosphere (feeling) in that last one! It is quite inspiring, actually. I imagine a world that had lost its sunlight somehow, maybe by some slow moving planet that crosses over every 10,000 years and blocks most of the light for years. A tribe's shaman climbs the rock to request the return of the sun and thereby of the crescent moon as well, since both won't show in all that time. Cold comes over this world, an ice age they call winter of winters or the time of the jade moons. Ehh.... no,no,no, I stop right away, otherwise I let myself get carried away, haha... love it, though! Thanks! :D

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:12 am

nice background story
the real story is inspired by the elder scroll series; it is just another common night near the 50m statue of the god of dawn and dusk Azura in Skyrim. the two moons are called Masser and Secunda, which alight the night.

next time i play Skyrim ill trave to the shine of azura and take a screenshot :)

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:17 am

Ahaha, that's neat, too...some more fan art! :D
I do enjoy to fantasies freely, as you can already tell, but some good games certainly provide good food for the imagination! ;)

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:24 pm

here is the shrine of Azura, but i was not in the right lunar phase :/
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8eggemowam42 ... _00001.jpg
Previous

Return to Your Artworks