dba's not dead !

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: dba's not dead !

I must thank you again for that ref picture, Taron, it was quite helpfull. I looked a lot of images and couldn't use any, but this one turned to be perfect for the 3 fingers and the thumb !
Well, actually I'm falling asleep right now so maybe tomorow morning I will change my mind but for now, I'm going to bed very happy :)

Thx again, you guys rock !
Attachments
SexyWitch_NHand_final_sml.jpg
SexyWitch_NHand_final_sml.jpg (228.57 KiB) Viewed 16784 times

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:53 pm

It's the oposite of this! :)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Perfect :) c:!
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:25 pm

Perfect :) c:! :lol:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:08 am

"Muchas gracias a todos !"
La Santa Bruja
:beer:

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:38 pm

this is some awesome work.
when it comes to politics: coming from an entertainment/concept/bla background i must say there is so many designs and artworks out there that celebrate military ideas and themes of destruction and hate (which we can find in games and movies as well) - and i wonder if we have a responsibility of creating art that brings people together instead of supplying new neat tank designs or scenarios of pain and injustice.

keep it up :)

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Art is here for catharsis ! Violence exists in human brain as it exists in all nature. But humans invented a place to experiment with his dark faces in an inoffensive way and its called art. It helps us to face our fears and expand our consciousness. I use to think art like this : if eros is creation and thanatos is destruction, art is the only activity where eros meets and chats with thanatos. Both sides need each other. The question of responsibility remains on how art is diffused to the public. Not how it is done. The filters between artist and public is to be decided by society. It's not the artist problem, I'd say.

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Catharsis...hmmm...what a word. It always feels so hard and desperate to me, yet, it's quite a beautiful word. The big trouble with art is in its association, when it tries to supply targets for rage, when it wants to offend. Most concept designers nowadays are basically a crowd of- more or less- innocent "me toos", who truly just find the stuff they want to do "cool". In a way, some of them involuntarily worship their idols with trying to follow such footsteps. I'm almost certain they spend not a second pondering over what it would mean to have their home plowed by a tank or their family ripped to shreds by the "cool" weapon designs, you know. It's really easy to forgive those artists, but what ever feeds their thoughts, that's a different story. All this power could be used differently for sure. I'm often on the fence as to whether that is "art" to begin with, you know, because I associate art with sincere intention, investigation of the intangible, exploitation of the impression, exploration of the unknown and reflection of the ignored. And, oh, blah! :lol:

Over the decades I have often found myself drawn to sinister subjects, subtle taboos, studying my own instincts responding to what I'm visualizing. It's such an amazing and entertaining exercise. I rarely, though, targeted exposure, tailored stuff for an audience or desired to impress. I cannot speak for all artists, but I believe art is first and foremost a self discovery and an artists- by chance- only expands the "self" to gradually include more and more people. :)

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:03 pm

your making a good point there...i remember some old artist speaking in a way that the artist must bring that good and bad stuff together and let it work to some degree.
i may disagree that these both sides need each other in one and the same way. for a light to shine i don´t need shadow - it´s shining wether there is darkness or not. however....darkness may not exist where light is shining bright. well i know where you coming from.
"But humans invented a place to experiment with his dark faces in an inoffensive way and its called art. " i think this is a pretty nice way to wrap that whole thing up!

i dont know... i am just a little afraid that young artist become tools of people who actually have something different in their mind. i cannot associate some stuff with "cool" as taron said - i see nice forms, great rendering, interesting perspective. i would vote for tranquilizer and stun sceneries.

thanks for taking response, though - interesting thoughts here. :)

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm

I can understand the excitement over "cool" forms, but see the utter numbness to what it is they had actually designed as well. It's peculiar how much we can enjoy blowing stuff up, even just squeezing bubble wrap to pop. It's great to sometimes let go, tease each other, rattle some cages. It would be very exhausting to represent being on top of things at all times...at least to me, that's for sure. But whether "representing" or not, I try to remain observant, study everything, conscious about having a natural filter, transforming experiences subjectively. A will to understand is really in the foundation of everything to me. I also believe this is the most reliable foundation to develop forgiveness from. I don't think anything can move forward without forgiveness.
And I hope, dba forgives us for another big hijack of his beautiful thread! :? :)
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks