dba's not dead !

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:48 am

Re: dba's not dead !

Hello dba
Good to see you're back into Verve :ob
Like you, Pilou and all the "frenchies" here i guess, i'm still crying after all these targeted murders including the beloved comic strip artists of my youth, Cabu and Wolinski.
System info: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB, i7-5820K 8GB, Windows 10, Wacom Intuos Pro M
Visit my photostream: http://flickriver.com/photos/24151359@N ... teresting/

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:02 am

c:! very nice artwork, what a nightmare - hope you don't have this nightmare in your dreams? c:! and welcome back ..
and yes the story in paris was a nightmare too :( so sad :cry: - but we also shouldn't forget daily killings in other countries too :( from NIGERIA over SYRIA until AFGHANISTAN/PAKISTAN :cry: :cry: :cry:
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:13 pm

:o :shock: Dba, your picture is really AWESOME!!! :bow:

I am looking to find the right words to describe the tragedy in France :( Very sad. I am afraid of the future. Europe is not so safe place as we can think and its "safe" borders are very thin.

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:28 am

a great big hug to all of you :)

Show must go on, more than ever.
Maybe more witch to come, soon.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi guys,

another witch, much younger, colorfull and spicy. Some gipsy holly witch. I call it "La Santa Bruja"

First of all, I must confess I just used Verve here for the background and the smoky effects. Main picture was done on MangaStudio & Photoshop. :oops: Verve helped me to give the special mood I looked for. I know, it's bad not using Verve for all the process, kinda shamefull ! But, well, old habits ...

Ho, and the girl has a damn problem with her right hand but I leave it as it is, because how hard I try, I don't manage to draw it better. :PP
Attachments
SexyWitch_final_sml.jpg
SexyWitch_final_sml.jpg (229.18 KiB) Viewed 15381 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Sometimes it's just the choice of perspective that we don't want to let go. I think you did a bang-up job with the hand and everything...well...except for not using Verve on her, hahaha! Again, I'm bothered that I didn't release a little temporary version, because I fixed up so much already in regards to drawing. But well...it'll come!
Thoughts on the pose of the hand: feels to me like there's too much tension where it shouldn't be for the expression of the hand. The thumb bends too much inwards, the three "fisting" fingers pushed together too hard and don't curl enough. Her left hand shows perfect relaxation and her face enough confidence to suggest she would point in a much more relaxed or natural fashion. Hard to tell, though.
Exciting dress, by the way! :D ...some very artistic design!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Welcome back dba :D
I am really liking your witches. That first one is eerie and feels a bit like an old Eerie magazine cover. The second is lovely work all the way except as you say, the right hand. Taron is right. Relax that thumb and loosen the pose into more of a C and with the three fingers bring their tips out into a looser pose also to where we can see them. That should solve it.
Definitely sad what happened :( Violence is never a solution.
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:09 pm

Yes, exactly, both of you are correct. It's exactly what I wish, a more relaxed and natural hand. Not that nervous fist ... Not to mention its too masculine aspect ... I swear I tried ! Maybe I'll try again later.
Thx so much ! :)

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Uh, uhm...that's a neat pose for a witches hand...
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... yN3qfNeQHQ
(Curiously convenient that I can't post the picture itself here, as I don't want to clutter your thread!) :? 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:50 pm

Wow ! You really give me a hand on that one ! :D
I'll definitely use this pose.
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks