My first ever painting in 20 years

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:43 pm

Re: My first ever painting in 20 years

Very cool effect of speed! c:! We have snow in our eyes! :ob

But seems there is something curious with legs?
Attachments
ski.jpg
ski.jpg (9.26 KiB) Viewed 12139 times
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:21 pm

very strong sensation of speed in both Ara! Great use of color all the way around :) I tend to use a lot of layers when I am doing an image. Kind of got used to it back in the 90s and having to do 3d images by background to front and bringing them in photoshop. I think the most layers I ever used was 63. My computer couldnt handle doing the 3d shot all at once so I would render background first and so on. Still very fun images :ob
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:11 pm

Thanks Tartan.. Those were fun days.. weren't they..? I started my 3D on a software called Topaz from Crystal Graphics... I believe lightwave and softimage in their about coming into the market.. and 3D Studio that used to run on DOS.. I used to work in a system that used to have 8 MB RAM.. and a VISTA card for frame buffer :D mostly we used to dump to (Umatic) tape in PAL rez.. one image used to fit in one floppy disk.. so a 2 second sequence would need 50 floppies :o

Later on did a lot of work on Alias Power Animator.. That later became MAYA..
Intel Core I5 4440, ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard, 24 GB Ram, Zotak (Nvidia) GTX 770, HDD is WD, with a 500GB, SSD for scratch disk

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:16 pm

Pilou.. Thanks..

Mostly on speed painting.. I just look for a certain feel from a distance and don't worry much on individual strokes.. To me, from a distance, it looks like one stretched leg.. and one folded above in the slope.. So I am kinda okey with it..

Taron.. any scope of a "duplicate layer" shortcut..? I think such a feature would come in handy for playing with highlights better.. So request to kindly consider..

Here is today's work.. about 4 hours with lots of breaks.. and many corrections.. called " shoreline "
Attachments
shoreline7a.jpg
shoreline7a.jpg (163.69 KiB) Viewed 12116 times
Intel Core I5 4440, ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard, 24 GB Ram, Zotak (Nvidia) GTX 770, HDD is WD, with a 500GB, SSD for scratch disk

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:52 pm

I think, I might have that in there already? Haven't used it in a long time, but check with the shortcuts in the INFO thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6
HOLD [shift] while adding a new layer down in the layer GUI! (arrow turns yellow!)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Yes.. it works .. Thanks So much.. " Aaap Mahan hai " :bow:

I did scan the INFO thread.. and ran a search.. I Missed it earlier.. Found it now.. though :oops:
posting it below for any others.. who are elephant eyed like me.. :roll:

" - merge layers Hold down [Ctrl] to change the "add above/below" button on the layerslide to "merge above/below".
- copy layers Hold down [Shift] to change the "add above/below" button on the layerslide to "copy above/below".

I wonder what you get to see when you google those three hindi words above.. :twisted: I guess .. Any forum gets enjoyable.. with some pun n fun.. and of-course some more rum.. I presume.. :beer:

In case you don't dig the pun n fun part.. pls hit the forgive button.. will update some verve stuff in a day or two.. Cheers and have a great weekend..

Post Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Just a random doodle with the verve brushes .. playing with light and shadow.. and reds.. I have some future plans based on these..
Attachments
Random-Abstract1.jpg
Random-Abstract1.jpg (188.81 KiB) Viewed 12091 times

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:37 pm

"I have great..." - most certainly a good start! :lol: :ob
"Aap", though, but yes... I remain curious. :? :lol:

Hmmm, be careful what you're starting there, because once you go abstract with Verve, you may get pulled into another universe for some time...it's got a pretty powerful suction! :twisted:
You may also notice how eerily vivid colors seem to get in Verve, haha. My blending formula preserves saturation pretty intensely and I attribute that phenomenon to that, but it's fascinating.

I hope, you're having a महान weekend, too! ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:41 pm

That was one energetic thread :?
I was caught by thread name and about those 20 years... I must say what was really cool is that how your visual sups experience translates into paintings :ob
Maybe not 20 years but verve for me was discovery (maybe) of similar scale as yours. Almost as if you want to scream that FINALLY there is that 2d special soft that allows you to paint without getting much into "shortcuts" project > layers > filters > CC > etc.

I liked most your F1 - aaarrgggghh, everything melted in hot temperature there. Beast speed! Great verve-paint!

AraA - cool to see Indian themed paintings. Was interesting readable on canvas painting about those backwaters :) Cool to hear theme/motif behind the painting.

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:46 pm

Intars wrote:energetic thread
Thanks Intars.. You are right.. translating fundamentals from one field to another.. and Verve.. while not being a discovery.. was indeed the the trigger for me to start painting..

I am very glad you like my artworks.. as for the Indian ones on canvas... I believe.. I should tell a small story with every art.. Since I believe that makes the art more meaningful.. instead of a fancy study on light, shadows and their influence on colors..

The aim right now.. is to reach a fine balance between realism and abstraction.. and to master techniques both digitally and on canvas.. that I am able to create.. thought provoking and exciting artworks..

Coming days will tell.. how well I am doing on that...

Thanks for your comment.. and cheers.. Hope you enjoy Verve as well..
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks