My first adventure

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:22 pm

My first adventure

Hi there,
I found Verve Painter a few days ago and have to say that this is a great app. It is a great idea to simulate from dry to wet media using fluid dynamic.
When playing with Verve i got something like this:
20150719010543.jpg
20150719010543.jpg (52.67 KiB) Viewed 19161 times

That process reminds me Turkish Art Of Marbling, also called ebru art. Below are some examples of ebru art:Image

Besure to check this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWjyA5cCISE to see the process, it feels like painting in Verve! Maybe in the future update Taron will implement some tools for us to simulate that? :P
Attachments
20150719010543.jpg
20150719010543.jpg (52.67 KiB) Viewed 19161 times

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: My first adventure

Beautiful piece and examples! The red flowers are delicately well done c:! :D
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Yeah, that is very inspiring! Beautiful stuff! :)
I keep refining and experimenting with my fluid formulas, which is kinda fun, but also a tiny bit frustrating, as always, haha. I really want to make some funky "fluid modes" for you all to experiment with. But if I get things right, we'll have this sort of marbling, too, I imagine! ;)

c:!
Welcome to the forum, by the way!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Taron wrote:Yeah, that is very inspiring! Beautiful stuff! :)
I keep refining and experimenting with my fluid formulas, which is kinda fun, but also a tiny bit frustrating, as always, haha. I really want to make some funky "fluid modes" for you all to experiment with. But if I get things right, we'll have this sort of marbling, too, I imagine! ;)

c:!
Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Thank you for the reply. I have been experimenting marbling techniques in Verve for a while and i believe that the fundamentals are already there in current version Verve. To do marbling, you can set the fluidity to high, fluid smudge to 0 so that the fluid movement will behave like oil and leave the bump at 0. The problem is that i found it is difficult to shape the colors as that in the video. Maybe i have chose wrong brush to do that or wrong brush setting. I noticed that they are using a wire/grid to make patterns in marbling, so it could be helpful if you can include a patterned canvas-size brush in future development.

Thank you again for this great app. It works totally different than other painting applications. It works just like you're painting with real world brushs and pigment. I have seeking for years for tools to mimic traditional oil painting techniques in digital, and Verve is the only one that works perfectly for me.Verve can do more than that i believe because the basic logic is that you can simulate any pigment media,from dry to wet, by using fluid dynamic(not usre actually because i do not understand programming). The excitement is just like the first time i use zbrush 1.5 beta. I know that it will be something and it is already on the way.
:ob

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Uh, wow, you're a veteran already, just like me, ha! Sweet!
Yep, I do very much know just how crazy Verve will get. I am going crazy myself, not letting everyone have the next version already, haha, but I need to make the interface. It will be very important. I've got a set of features lined up that would probably bring some tears to some eyes...it kinda does to mine, haha, and I'm not being cocky, I'm kinda very serious, haha. :lol: 8-)
One funny little side effect of the already existing new features is that you can create your own brushes by painting them. That means you can totally create grids or what ever you wish for to work with the fluids. But there's much, much, much crazier stuff. MUCH! :D
...I almost feel mean, somehow...and stupid. Because that stuff exists for almost a year now and just because of the GUI I won't release it. Insane. Well, there are a few more things that still need some good amount of work, but well... :shrug: It'll come! :ugeek:

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:25 am

Wow! What a great news! Could not wait to see the new release!
I'm recommending Verve to artists around here in China and i have translated the manual into Chinese. May i know how can i post in the manual section? Or do i need to send that to you?

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:49 am

godot, very nice first verve-artworks from you :rock: :rock: :rock: and great news from taron :ob
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:17 am

The excitement is just like the first time i use zbrush 1.5

Even previous version of ZB! :)
Super veteran! :beer:

PS Take a look of the Borhani59 multi first pages gallery (at today 127 PAGES)and you will see that the marble technic is yet possible with Verve! ;)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:24 am

godot wrote:Wow! What a great news! Could not wait to see the new release!
I'm recommending Verve to artists around here in China and i have translated the manual into Chinese. May i know how can i post in the manual section? Or do i need to send that to you?

AWESOME! :bounce:
Thank you very much, Godot, that's fantastic, really. Thanks for everything already. :beer:

Here it is:
viewtopic.php?p=12615#p12615

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:36 pm

t'll come!
:?:
Do you think that that we can wait till September after the hollidays?
Have a cool studious coding summer! :beer:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Return to Your Artworks