Cavin's Sketchbook

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:28 am

Re: Cavin's Sketchbook

Okay, here is a "final" of the old man image. As final as art ever is I guess, haha.

I was working on a sketch yesterday, but when I went to save it crashed. Oops! EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. Guess you're stuck with this drawing for now.

Taron, have you seen this before? Is there any way to send you a crash log or dump?

I've since disabled UAC on my account which can sometimes be a cause, so hopefully we won't see that again!

Also, a weird thing was happening for me with this file. In addition to the weird patterned paint deletion you can see on the left edge of this sketch, my first stroke of the file would propagate a similar pattern of deletion across the whole canvas originating from my brush location. This would happen only right after opening the file, and whenever I would make a stroke after doing an Undo. I worked around this by making another layer where I would always do my first strokes. If it helps, I can send you a screenshot of what happens.
PC Specs:
Processor: AMD FX 8350
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 Fury
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:57 pm

I can almost imagine... but what always helps me a great deal is to know more about your machine specs (graphics card, mostly)...you should put that info in your signature here, that would be great!
However, I've done a variety of improvements and fixes in the upcoming version and believe it's best to really wait until then and see, if any bugs still exist of such nature. I'd imagine those could very well be gone already. :shrug:

Fantastic painting either way! c:! ...I'm really sorry about the crash, of course! :oops:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Hey, I wouldn't be using a program like Verve if I didn't like to live on the edge ;D

PC Specs now in my signature. I'll send you a screenshot later.
PC Specs:
Processor: AMD FX 8350
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 Fury
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Yowww...AMD, of course. :P
Well, there are still some evil tiny compatibility issues here and there, although I have managed to tackle most of them... still just a bitch. :PP
Some things, though, have nothing to do with that. The "old" version still had a potential alpha explosion bug with pressure based opacity+size at the same time, when a tiny motion would want to create a line within one pixel. The openGL blending would freak out for some reason. This is already solved in the next version.
Then I've changed the fluids quite a bit for the next version, solving a bunch of subtle issues with the fluids... your strange pattern deletion thingy might be one of those old issues. But that kind of walks the line between my funky old thinking and compatibility. We shall see later on...
The saving bug will most certainly be gone, though! I have little to no doubt about that! :ugeek:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:23 pm

welcome ++

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:36 am

the ibex is superb, we feel the depth and volume really . Rendering very traditional . c:!
Previous

Return to Your Artworks