Abby's Doodles!

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Re: Abby's Doodles!

WAHHH! THERE YOU ARE! Welcome to the forum, Abby! :beer:
...now I have some addition to the top row to do! ;) c:! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Alright, now that you've got your proper debut, I can try to give some advice, too... 8-)

I often switch smudging [shift] and averaging [shitf]+[ctrl] to get a very soft blending. If I want to go overboard with the softness, I even choose brush#1, but that's rare!
Ordinarily my left hand has...
  • the small finger hovering over [ctrl]
  • the ring finger hovering over [shift]
  • the middle finger over [w] - toggles pressure controlled size
  • the index finger over [e] - toggles pressure controlled opacity
  • thumb over [space] - brush size control

This way I can quickly adjust the settings necessary to either paint, smudge or average, using pressure controlled size or not, using pressure controlled opacity or not and, of course, change the brush size on the fly.
It very quickly becomes a natural way of painting and soon you don't even have to think about this anymore. As with everything it will take a few times to get used to it, but it happens and then Verve really becomes such a natural extension of your hand and mind, it's quite wonderful.
Even when I change brushes or bring up various controls like color wheel or color swatches, or switch paint modes, I automatically revert my hand back to the default position as above! :ugeek:

You are a wonderful artist, before I somehow accidentally skip mentioning this, because to me it goes without saying. I love what you've done already as well as your fantastic youtube clip! By the way...have you posted a link to it, yet?! If not, I'll do so for you! :)

I still have to hook up the "hugging" emoticon, but consider this one BIG HUG! :D

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:26 am

fantastic youtube clip

Where ? :?:
We want to see it! What a suspense! c:!

Ordinarily my left hand has

on what keyboard ? (French, English,...
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:56 am

Pilou, on any QWERTY keyboard [W] and [E] likely are on the same position, are they not? But I'm on an English keyboard.

Another TIP:
  • holding [Shift]+[F] will allow you to adjust fluid smudge. Dial up to 100% for super soft blending! I occasionally do that. :)
  • careful with the Brush Interface's "BLENDING", because it essentially always adds averaging to your strokes and could lead to frustration unless you know exactly what you're doing. :oops:

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Uwielbiam Twoją digitalną farbę c:!
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Knacki wrote:Blending / smudging have two different modes, btw.
1 SHIFT+ draw
2 CTRL+SHIFT+ draw

2 really flattens also the bump.

This could be a help, even though a bit old and with some mistakes:
http://www.taron.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2300

I've used both blending modes hahaha
I like the 1st blending mode more

but it only blends out the paint, i was hoping the paint would be diluted like with traditional oil painting where i add lots of solvents in draft! but its still wonderful to work with

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:01 pm

Yeah, I still have to find an elegant solution for this so-called dispersion. The problem with routines like that is that they are very aggressive and hard to control, if you want them to run smoothly, as quickly as Verve acts currently.
It's a wonderful challenge, but also quite frustrating.

In the meantime, you should really have a closer look at the fluid:smudge parameter to at least control the softness of blending as you smudge the paint with [shift].

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Taron wrote:Alright, now that you've got your proper debut, I can try to give some advice, too... 8-)

I often switch smudging [shift] and averaging [shitf]+[ctrl] to get a very soft blending. If I want to go overboard with the softness, I even choose brush#1, but that's rare!
Ordinarily my left hand has...
  • the small finger hovering over [ctrl]
  • the ring finger hovering over [shift]
  • the middle finger over [w] - toggles pressure controlled size
  • the index finger over [e] - toggles pressure controlled opacity
  • thumb over [space] - brush size control

This way I can quickly adjust the settings necessary to either paint, smudge or average, using pressure controlled size or not, using pressure controlled opacity or not and, of course, change the brush size on the fly.
It very quickly becomes a natural way of painting and soon you don't even have to think about this anymore. As with everything it will take a few times to get used to it, but it happens and then Verve really becomes such a natural extension of your hand and mind, it's quite wonderful.
Even when I change brushes or bring up various controls like color wheel or color swatches, or switch paint modes, I automatically revert my hand back to the default position as above! :ugeek:

You are a wonderful artist, before I somehow accidentally skip mentioning this, because to me it goes without saying. I love what you've done already as well as your fantastic youtube clip! By the way...have you posted a link to it, yet?! If not, I'll do so for you! :)

I still have to hook up the "hugging" emoticon, but consider this one BIG HUG! :D

Thanks!!!!!! Looks like I have to get used to the shortcut then! :ob :ob :ob :ob

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:30 pm

Taron wrote:Yeah, I still have to find an elegant solution for this so-called dispersion. The problem with routines like that is that they are very aggressive and hard to control, if you want them to run smoothly, as quickly as Verve acts currently.
It's a wonderful challenge, but also quite frustrating.

In the meantime, you should really have a closer look at the fluid:smudge parameter to at least control the softness of blending as you smudge the paint with [shift].

niceeeeeeeee!!!!!!! I almost forgot about that parameter :PP ! hahahah lemme try it out :rock:

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:31 pm

pudjakjuzto wrote:Uwielbiam Twoją digitalną farbę c:!

Thank you!
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks