super trashy gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: super trashy gallery

that's cool, Knacki!

haha yeah, going for the same colors is partly the reason I decided on the prompts! Otherwise I just go for the bright and shiny stuff, but when I limit myself to, say, picturing "laziness", I'll have to go for something dull
instagram \\ tumblr for abstracts

[AMD Radeon HD 7600M, Core i5-3210M, Windows 7]

Post Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Try it by yourself!
1. Use brush #9 to make the canvas. Oscilate on. Brush size bigger than canvas. Click until canvas is good filled with points. CTRL+SHIFT+P to make this canvas structure.
2. Fluid up to max, Canvas strength to max. Fluid smudge to 0!
3. Brush #7, big, tilt off with "a" or on mouse mode.
4. Let the fun begin.
5. Don't forget to smudge ;)
Last edited by Knacki on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:42 am

hoo boy, this has been awesome but I kept wondering if I followed the steps right
so the resulting canvas gave me cool textures among the runny fluidity, but most of the time I couldn't understand what the hell was going on

I'm gonna try this more and then hopefully have some more focused questions if you don't mind. I do have one for now though, what does the Oscillate dial do? I tried searching the forums and the Manual page, but didn't find anything specific owo I have a feeling it changes brush size or bristle size/amount randomly, but I'm not sure

oh yeah also, you said fill with points with Brush #9, but my 9 does these wire-like lines at that size. Am I doing something wrong?

I had to stop here because I liked that texture in the lower right quadrant too much haha
def gonna do more with these settings. thanks for sharing your expertise, Knacki!

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:29 am

Oh - that was not my intention to fill your gallery with my stuff. I thought I was in my place :o :roll:
I am so sorry, that was a mistake, will move those pics to my thread after writing. :bow:

Oscillate rotates the brush. Try it on a fresh canvas. Make a stroke with oscillate and 30% bristles. You'll paint some spirals ;)
Oscillate is exactly to avoid these firework like lines. But wait....it sounds that you have the yellow button on for size by pressure.
Switch all off.
I use my mouse for this. It's like playing ego shooter :D
This way you can paint beautiful random stars as well ;)
If you want some different sized dots, try brush #2 with small bristle size. Important is, that there are plenty little "poles" on the canvas breaking the fluids flow.
Fluid smudge on 0 is more for for this watercolor style speckles. As some bigger pigments. But they are just appearing on the first layer of paint only.

Btw. your first attempt looks awesome! Wow. like real paint.
Congratulation!!

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:48 pm

oh okay
actually, I'm glad you did, this really is an awesome way to paint

and while experimenting with canvas structures, I decided to draw a little. I don't know if I'm more comfortable with Verve or with drawing in general now, but it feels good and I'm gonna do more I think :geek:

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Cool. This is looking very promising.

Same here. I almost gave up drawing at all.
Verve got me start to draw and paint on a daily basis after 20 years of absence.

It's like feeling the paper, the canvas, and as soon you want to smudge and blend, you can do it right away in realtime. In Photoshop it to ages to find the right tools for this and still I am not there.
I developed some kind of graphical painting in verve.
Brush #9 has this very fine bristles.
So I start with a big #9, size by pressure off and opacity by pressure on, to ...draint or praw :D the basic form. It#s really more like painting, but the look is very graphical.
Just adding and erasing with smaller and smaller brush, but almost never with size by pressure on. NO SMUDGE, NO BLEND!
This keeps this pencil feeling.
But possibilities are endless and I started those canvas experiments to get a proper more paper like canvas for graphite style drawings - I ended up in very cool water color effects.

That's verve - well and a bit of me never want to stop testing things.

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:30 pm

The experiments with canvas structure are pretty interesting c:!
And for sure now we want more! ;)
DA: http://ovn1.deviantart.com/
Insta: https://www.instagram.com/_ovn1_/
System Info: NVidia GeForce GTX 970

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:13 pm

cool drawings, congrats supertrash :ob
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Man, those drawings look so natural! Just beautiful and fascinating. In terms of "realistic sketches" this would be the uncanny valley for sure! :D :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:04 pm

thank you, folks! Glad you liked!

had a draining day so unwinding playing with color in Verve. The goal of the assignment is to mix complex colors (i. e. not pure, muddy), but of course I want to keep interest, so that's the challenge

PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks