super trashy gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:46 pm

super trashy gallery

I had a suspicion I would love doing abstract stuff with Verve and I was right, it's much fun. I have also painted a portrait, but I forgot to check if it saved right and now I only have a black sheet to show for it T _ T Have I messed something up when saving or is that a known bug? It happens with png, but not every time.

instagram \\ tumblr for abstracts

[AMD Radeon HD 7600M, Core i5-3210M, Windows 7]

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: super trashy gallery

What resolution were you in?
Well, first of all, you should really consider saving projects. I know, they can get big, but you can always toss them out later. Such a black image would indicate that you likely ran out of memory, potentially because some other app was using GL at the same time or any graphics memory or you might've had more layers than your computer can handle?! :shrug: ...something of that kind. You do, of course, have some really challenging circumstances at the moment. I'm very sorry about that. :(
However, very interesting texture there. I was going to say "bumble bee in the middle of a crash sequence?!", hehe, but don't want to take away from the impression. With such small resolutions it's hard to take in the full effect, I think. Still...keep 'em coming! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:46 pm

It was just one layer, maybe two if I accidentally clicked somewhere/pressed a button, so it probably was some other app eating up GL. I'm gonna start saving projects now! I usually work in one layer so it shouldn't take too long.

In the first post it's actually just an Imgur thumbnail, the image itself is about 1080 in width: https://imgur.com/KTxuNGi

It's not meant to be seen up close though, I didn't work on it long enough to detail it all the way to hi-res. Here's a bigger thumb.

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:18 pm

MORE details? :D
Nah, that's exactly the platform to let go and channel what ever comes to you. Look through the galleries and you'll find all sorts of abstract festivities! You've obviously already noticed that one can go through all sorts of moods and modes when working with Verve. From totally wild to carefully wild to fairly precise to meticulously clear...uhm...well, maybe not that meticulously, haha, but yeah. Don't ever hold back! c:!

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:05 pm

borhani59's calligraphy is awesomely meticulous though, I wish I could do something like that

my thing is more of a pseudo-chaotic mess of tiny details

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:58 pm

Hey Super,
B is in a class of his own that's for sure and very inspirational. Not only his calligraphy but his other efforts.
What I am seeing here is outstanding. I really like the look of it. c:! :D What is the meaning of the kanji? You have my curiosity. :beer:
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 pm

I really like your style, too. This time it feels like one of them masked spray tags, common in South America, I think.
Dirty, coarse, but alive. Cool! 8-)

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Thank you, Tartan, but I'm afraid the kanji here is just random radicals I remembered, I didn't have a specific message for this one

Taron, I can live with that comparison! Gonna go for less of a sketch once I'm more comfortable w/ Verve

I love doing abstract expressionism type work in Verve! Now experimenting w/ fluidity

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:44 pm

harrumph

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:50 pm

hey Super,
The liquid experiment looks like it could be used in an oriental style landscape. It's fun pushing waves of color around :) The pose study came out well if a bit dark. I like the study you did with it.
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)
Next

Return to Your Artworks