FJGC - Digital Paintings

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

Tragic topic, beautiful painting. As long as this doesn't let us slide into a political debate, I'm totally fine with having such masterpieces here, of course. :geek: ...but even if it does, as long as we move the debate to the off-topic threads, it's kind of alright. Art is a fantastic and a very powerful way to communicate ideas, but there are topics, which demand a greater understanding and go beyond immediate emotional connections, which are by nature the major inspiration of art. To rise above the immediate sensation and consider the true cause of a problem is a highly philosophical endeavor by the time you've arrived at the most relevant perspective on a situation. Only from there you can recognize the layers of propaganda that ended up fueling the system, provoking the whole trouble there.
You have such a powerful style and all the talent it takes to visualize revelations. I would love to see where it would take you, if you were to rise through all the madness and saw what truly created the basis for all this hardship. (hint: it's neither names nor politics you'd hear of!)
All that aside, once more, what an amazing artist you are, Francisco! You make me very, very proud! :hug:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:02 am

Hey my dear friend Taron, thank you for the kind words. Yes, art can be powerful like that, even elevating our thoughts beyond what words and therefore discussions can attain. I hope my art achieves those goals somehow. Here is another piece, a portrait of a friend called Lino.

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:05 pm

Fantastic! I'm seriously fascinated by your choices of colors, using the muted cyan in the background and bleeding it into the foreground to justify it...it's bold and awesome, giving it a very deliberate touch and creating a curiously unsettling vibration. The whole portrait feels like a glimpse into an inner conflict, like getting a telepathic portrait, where you get a transfer of his feelings through your eyes... absolutely brilliant! c:! :bow:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:18 pm

me too, hope he will show some new artworks soon again ;)
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:05 am

borjonx wrote:You have incredible Verve techniques, especially on the hair. The hair that comes away from your oldest daughters' head, and how it picks up the natural sun lighting is incredible!

One question - how much do you adjust the settings as you progress through a single work of art? Are they pretty much stable & you just adjust a couple things like brush number, tip size, etc. Can't wait to see what you upload next!

I just saw this question, my bad! I mostly use the same brush (the default), and the only settings I change are the size, and the liquidy factor, to play with those effects. I also blend a lot using control.

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:08 am

Hey everybody! Sorry for not posting for several months. The end of last year just sucked (separation from my former partner, moving out, stress, the drill of life!) None the less, I haven't stopped using VRV. It is my favorite painting program. Just check out my instagram (https://www.instagram.com/francisco.galarraga/) so you can see the bunch of work I've made using it. I also end of using Photoshop in the end, but a lot of my pieces are started with VRV. I'm going to post more oftenly.

Ecuadorian Indigenous Woman (VRV+PS)

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:10 am

Mostly VRV!! (it has some PS edits)

Wounded Protestors (Ecuadorian October 2019 Protests)

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:13 am

Ecuadorian Woman Protestor (Ecuador October 2019 Protests)

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:17 am

And this oneeeee:

Indigenous Male Protestor (Ecuador October 2019 Protests)

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:38 am

Cool portraits! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks