FJGC - Digital Paintings

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sat May 11, 2019 9:19 pm

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

It's great to see another great artist touch upon Verve's shores. Really appealing works :) I enjoy them all but your top row says everything about my favorite c:! :beer:
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Mon May 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Hey everybody, how's everything. I think I ran into an issue, at least with one file. It has a Black Screen. As you can see in the screenshot below, the layer shows the artwork, but the actual "paintspace" is black. I don't know what I touched

Can anybody help with this?

Regards,
Francisco G.

Site Admin

Post Mon May 13, 2019 7:12 pm

What's the resolution?
But just to relax you a little bit already, it's almost certainly all still there! It's just a memory matter! A few things you can try. First of all, just to see that it's alright, crop into it to reduce the canvas size!
We will go from there. You may also try and restart your machine, in case something took away GPU memory. Make sure no other app like firefox or so is running! This can suck away GPU memory.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon May 13, 2019 8:41 pm

Taron wrote:What's the resolution?
But just to relax you a little bit already, it's almost certainly all still there! It's just a memory matter! A few things you can try. First of all, just to see that it's alright, crop into it to reduce the canvas size!
We will go from there. You may also try and restart your machine, in case something took away GPU memory. Make sure no other app like firefox or so is running! This can suck away GPU memory.

Hey Taron, thanks for the replies. Ok, so the canvas size is aprox 3150x3150 px. So I reduced to to 3100x3100, and the white version appears, sans color. I closed Chrome while doing this. So this file, I saved it with another file name, and when I tried to reopenthe new version, the black screen would reappear as well. I restarted the computer as well, and the same thing happens. What's even weirder is that the original file appears to have lost the color information, both the workspace and layer preview appear to show a black box,. I didn't save or overwrite the original file, just attempted to open it multiple times.

Site Admin

Post Mon May 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Also, feel free to upload the file to some place where I can download it OR just send it to me via WeTransfer.com or so! You should know my email, right?! Bottom of my website! :geek:

Post Tue May 14, 2019 2:53 am

Taron thanks again for the help. Here is the download link https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6eu23u4dz6z8 ... o.vrv?dl=0

Post Tue May 14, 2019 2:55 am

Tartan wrote:It's great to see another great artist touch upon Verve's shores. Really appealing works :) I enjoy them all but your top row says everything about my favorite c:! :beer:

Thanks for the support my friend!

Post Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi FJGC,
Great artworks, especially your top row study n your nude figure, very welcome to the forum latin comrade.
When I saw this post I instantly looked your portfolio link n I noticed some sort of vector n design influence as well as an abstract n expressionism taste. I relate that sort of vector vein to your verve paintings showing globs of paint as you said.
Your nude painting does make echo with your portfolio site artworks sort of abstract n expressive, I really like it, that is for me the second more expressive portrait you have posted here, she just has a very thoughtful looking, though I have to say I still wonder if that piece is horizontal or vertical xD.
I would love to see more of that skin warm n cool nuances that you did in your top row portrait, perhaps in more nude paintings, congrats.

PD: I would suggest looking at pud (pudjakjuzto) artworks, he does a masterful use of the img brush, I myself still haven't learned it
PD2: look at verve threads, there are really good gems all over the place showing what it's possible with it, along side with few verve tricks n glitches that are both funny n usefull.
Last edited by eduardobedoya on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 am

eduardobedoya wrote:Hi JF GC,
Great artworks, especially your top row study n your nude figure, very welcome to the forum latin comrade.
When I saw this post I instantly looked your portfolio link n I noticed some sort of vector n design influence as well as an abstract n expressionism taste. I relate that sort of vector vein to your verve paintings showing globs of paint as you said.
Your nude painting does make echo with your portfolio site artworks sort of abstract n expressive, I really like it, that is for me the second more expressive portrait you have posted here, she just has a very thoughtful looking, though I have to say I still wonder if that piece is horizontal or vertical xD.
I would love to see more of that skin warm n cool nuances that you did in your top row portrait, perhaps in more nude paintings, congrats.

PD: I would suggest looking at pud (pudjakjuzto) artworks, he does a masterful use of the img brush, I myself still haven't learned it
PD2: look at verve threads, there are really good gems all over the place showing what it's possible with it, along side with few verve tricks n glitches that are both funny n usefull.

Hey my friend! Gracias por los comentarios y sugerencias. Abrazos desde Quito.

Here is a new creation. I decided to recreate the original painting I was trying to make in VRV that crashed all those months ago.
Here is the original and my PS alteration:

Original:

Alteration:

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:04 am

AH, Francisco, I'm happy you're back!!! :bounce:
Great to see that you didn't abandon this painting! c:! ...have you tried color alterations with Verve, yet, too? I know, you've done this with PS, but I wonder how far you could've gone with Verve's "Levels"!?! :ugeek:

Anyway, WELCOME BACK! :beer: :hug:
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks