Daves Little Workshop

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Daves Little Workshop

Just stumbled over this and actually should get back to work, but it is too much fun. Still need to learn the ropes for the software though.

cheers!
Attachments
test.jpg
test.jpg (49.04 KiB) Viewed 23019 times

Site Admin

Post Wed May 28, 2014 10:26 pm

Re: Daves Little Workshop

Oh, this is getting exciting! 8-)
It's already a treat, David, but I get the feeling you'll have me spinning on my chair by the time you're comfortable with it! :D

SWEEEEET! The style is fantastic!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri May 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Thank you. :) It sure is different giving up so much control, but I really like how it pushes experimentation over perfection. I made another test, but I feel like I was trying to hard to be in control of everything. Maybe I should go for a landscape next, or do a still life or nude painting. :) I guess also portraits should be especially nice with this.
Attachments
test2.jpg
test2.jpg (58.29 KiB) Viewed 22972 times

Site Admin

Post Fri May 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Noooo, nooo, no,no...I mean, yeah, sure, why not, but you just have to go at it a tiny bit slower and more careful to get the groove going. From that moment on things will speed up, but not in the first seconds, rather once you have your general shapes established. That's when suddenly the shading becomes more and more powerful and you understand the way to control things. What appears slow at first becomes faster and faster something you'd otherwise couldn't or wouldn't have done that way or in any way. There's some totally pleasing magic waiting for you! And you especially, actually. You've got the goods for damn sure! :D ...eh... :twisted: :lol:

Awww, rats! :lol:

Looking even more forward to your journey now! 8-)
OH, as a small inspiration, you might want to look at the mature section and my thread with the Ziegfeld girl. It felt a bit tough at first but by the time I was done about 2.5 hours had passed... that's all! :D

Post Sat May 31, 2014 12:07 am

Haha, that is quite fast for the study, good job. I already took a look around, though I still need to comment on things and stuff.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Usually the only traditional thing I do is pencil drawing and else I am quite the Photoshop grunt for many years. Tried Alchemy for a while to relearn how to work loose, that worked, but you know how clients are, the faster the better and if possible in a Carravaggian quality. :roll: Not that I mind, I actually like pressure and speed but it is nice to do something a bit more relaxed. :)

So here is a little good night painting (guess it took about an hour or something.) and was listening to the great Estas Tonne to get into a more medidative groove. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gphiFVVtUI )
Attachments
test3.jpg
test3.jpg (90.14 KiB) Viewed 22961 times

Site Admin

Post Sat May 31, 2014 10:06 am

I can only say it again, I'm totally thrilled to see your thread grow and am on the edge of my seat for each new piece of yours! :)
I really enjoy your understanding of light, the sense of translucency your skin brings across using those massive highlights. I'm a big sucker for that, hahaha, can't help it. You're already very inspirational, that's for sure! 8-)

Sheesh, that Estas Tonne is quite hypnotic! :shock: .... very, very nice! He even gets to draw a faithful crowd of all ages in Germany by the looks of it! :lol: Congrats to him! And thanks for sharing the link! 8-)

Post Sat May 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Guitare burning! :shock:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:43 pm

My guess is that this artist highly probabilistically would be a verve-painter power-user.
Just look at this shading work! I think everyone will only benefit from seeing those few
pictures from this old thread.

Post Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:00 am

> Just look at this shading work

AGREED! Thx for bringing this to the top of the list.

Post Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:41 pm

Hi Daves, welcome to the forum
I Agree, cool lighting, the shades of the skin, and that sort of translucence.
Verve has many particularities, some of them are things that it just does differently than other painting software do, and other things are totally new,
so you have to do the correlations in the first ones, and embrace the new approaches in the latter ones.

I'm eager to see where do you arrive in your Verve trip.
congrats.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob
Next

Return to Your Artworks