Taron's little gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Thu May 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Re: Taron's little gallery

Thanks guys! :D
And, yeah, Pilou, you're totally right, I can see it, too! :ugeek:

Maybe I'll pull a tiny little borhani...but I promise I won't get carried away! 8-)
Attachments
fluid27b.jpg
fluid27b.jpg (253.81 KiB) Viewed 15713 times
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu May 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Google Earth?
Abstract of very old man's face made of cypress? (a stretch)
Visit: http://www.k4icy.com/ dA: https://www.deviantart.com/mikek4icy FB: mike.maynard.9277 email: mikek4icy@gmail.com
System Info: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 (12Gb), AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 Ghz, 16 Gb, Windows 11

Site Admin

Post Fri May 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Ehehehe, yeah, I wouldn't be too shocked, if you could find that exact bit somewhere on earth, hahaha! :lol:
I just wanted to experiment with depth a little. :geek:

Post Mon May 12, 2014 5:58 am

Hey it's Adam Beretta (TABeretta) from YouTube, I joined up and wanted to give you an update on things. BTW, I've been looking through your sketches here and man you have a great imagination. These paintings are all pretty cool- they would make some neat posters or even artwork on T-shirts, things I bet young people here in the U.S. would buy... So, I downloaded the 'S' version again (the latest one) and since you left that message on YouTube about brush # 4 and how I can't get it, or any others, to make straight up and down quick lines for trees because my Wacom tablet does not respond to the tilt of my pen, but still it's a no go. At least I didn't noticed any difference. No big deal, and honestly if I'm going to keep working on digital art I should get a better tablet. In your opinion what would be a decent tablet that has the tilt feature, and one I could keep for a while, and do the better tablets have advantages in other art programs? Thanks for any info or advice and I look forward to more Verve updates/ videos ;) One last thing, I did meet with my Dad again at Starbucks and brought my laptop so he could see and try Verve, he had never used a tablet so that took some getting used to, but he loved that you can add a perspective grid so easily, he said he usually draws his in with a ruler when he paints for real. But he was really impressed and blown away when I told him that only one person created the program and just did it really for fun and was not charging anything for it (even though I'm sure in the future that would not be a bad thing to make a little money, but I am a big believer in karma and what goes around comes around, so you sharing Verve and working on it so others can enjoy it too will bring good things back to you in other ways). I always remind myself that life is about a lot more than money, but it gets to you when you see so much greed, and here in American it's front row on the most popular sins, but you get my point and since you spend your time working on something and giving it to others I figure I can take some time to send you these messages or encouragement and appreciation. Hope they add some fuel to the fire of motivation that keeps you going :) Alright, you take care Taron and and drop me a line buddy... ps. Give me a few tips on controlling and moving the light source if you will, thx.

Site Admin

Post Mon May 12, 2014 9:32 am

Hey Adam, Welcome to the forum!!! :D
You may have noticed that I'm not much of a capitalist, hahaha, but I'd be giddy to see someone wearing a t-shirt with Verve art on it, haha, that would be great! :mrgreen:
As for the brush direction, I've added that it should automatically align itself, if your tablet would not spit out tilt, but I only tested it with the mouse and it worked there, if not brilliantly. I will make it a brush option, though, and then make it all a bit more solid, too.
You can count on more updates and videos, for sure! 8-)
Cool, thanks for letting your dad have a go at it, that's awesome, too. The grid stuff will get really exciting, once I get to that part of the interface (floating interface sections for grid, brush, color...etc, etc, etc).
For right now your feedback and your paintings represent the currency I consider a generous payment, hehe! ;) ...maybe at some point I'll figure out some way of allowing folks to fund my work on Verve, if they wanted to. But I will never extort people or make my love conditional to make Verve for all of us. :)
The light source you move as instructed in the manual. Place it based on what vibe you want to support: painting sitting in a room with simulating a real light source or using the light source as effect or element of the painting itself.

I should move our posts to a different thread, though, I think. Maybe later...

...anyway, Thanks, buddy, I'm glad you came here! 8-)

Site Admin

Post Wed May 14, 2014 2:07 am

Just had some fun for a second...
Attachments
fossil001b.jpg
fossil001b.jpg (250.86 KiB) Viewed 15614 times

Post Wed May 14, 2014 12:51 pm

That's a nice idea.
It's so unbelievable how "easy" it is to draw textures and depth with verve.
In hands of a master like you, taron, it's always a pleasure to see new results.
I really enjoy your experiments too.
I can almost feel how hard it is for you also, not to get lost in abstract beauty of verve :D

I spent some time - oh yes. Still most attractive in abstracts is the process, not the result though. (Which is cool, no doubt. But for me, verve is much more than static pics)
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Wed May 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Thanks, YES, it's incredibly hard not to get lost in abstracts! :roll: :D ...waaay too much fun! But at the same time I'm really itching to finally make the brushes and overhaul my paint simulation to really push the ability of Verve to support careful painting a lot more. I want things to be intuitive and easy, enabling you to paint ever more directly what you want to paint without wrestling against flaws of the tool or the likes. I know that a relaxed state can make you paint amazingly in Verve, but I'd like to do that even with a sense of impatience driving the process, hehe. :P ;)

I also want to have a look at making sequence recording possible for the exact reasons you've mentioned. The process is so attractive that it's begging to be animated for sure! It will come! :D

Post Wed May 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Record animation....with an option for ShortCut writing on the screen! :ugeek:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Wed May 14, 2014 4:07 pm

You're talking about "tutorial recording"?
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks