katilaie's art

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu May 29, 2014 6:10 pm

katilaie's art

I looked through all the amazing paintings already posted in this gallery and I thought I'd give Verve a shot. So far, I'm having fun with it. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get used to working with it. :)
BIG PLUS: it works great with my system, so I'm really happy about that. :D

I painted this after my first experiment with the different tools. I got the idea after looking at one of the other paintings in this forum that I thought looked vaguely like a ballerina, so I thought I'd try out the idea. :)

The initial painting was done with Verve, but the sparkles were added with a different program.

Site Admin

Post Thu May 29, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: katilaie's art

Wow, that was a CLOSE call.... :o
Normally only SpamBots post outside the categories and my "muscle memory" almost deleted the post and banned the author, haha. Phewwwww....
I'll move it into the proper category then: "Your Artwork"!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, Katilaie! ;)
And that's a beautiful entry for sure! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu May 29, 2014 6:48 pm

Oh sorry. I must have posted it in the wrong place. XD Sorry about that.

Anyway, thanks. :)

Site Admin

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:26 pm

You're very welcome and I'm excited to see more of your explorations for sure!!! :D
It looks so sweet and velvety...very feminine in a dreamy way! I actually can't wait to see more! :)

jim

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Wow, i very much like how dynamic this one appears and purple, always has a special place in my heart :D
Very, very cool! :)

Verve should be able to do such sparcles as well, with brush #3?
Try a large brush with settings like Bristle count 7%, Bristle size 22% and Buildup set to 50% and take it from there ;)
Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:12 pm

jim wrote:Wow, i very much like how dynamic this one appears and purple, always has a special place in my heart :D
Very, very cool! :)

Verve should be able to do such sparcles as well, with brush #3?
Try a large brush with settings like Bristle count 7%, Bristle size 22% and Buildup set to 50% and take it from there ;)

Thanks. :)

haha I tried for at least ten minutes to try and get the sparkles right on Verve, but it just wouldn't work. So finally I was, like, "Whatever. I'll just add the sparkles in Manga Studio. It'll take, like, two seconds." lol

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:10 pm

I doubt it will take 2 sec in Verve...more like: hit[3], dial down bristle count and off you go. But you may take 2 seconds to do that, there's always time! :D

jim

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:48 pm

With Verve, it is much about brush technique :)
The very same brush can have various appearances depending on how you apply it. ;)

You will not get such an spotted result with brush #3 if you stroke along, instead you get sparks rather, which may well is what you are after, you know?
But, the motion to get such little sparcles, like in your painting, is more like a firm massage than a wipe.

You push them down onto the canvas and let them trickle like ... powdered sugar :P
(i just gave myself appetite :lol: )

So, please don't give up on Verve that easily, i am sure it will realize what you imagine, though by its own means ;)
But if it doesn't, turn right to the feature request section of this forum :lol:

Then, for glow effects, have a look at Taron's Demo #1 (Time-code 25:40)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBO2hNv_tTE&feature=player_detailpage#t=1535
Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Here's a new piece I just did. It's not up to snuff with some of the other landscapes I've seen on here, but it was quick and fun and I think it's decent. :) At first I was just fooling around, but then it turned into a full-on piece. lol

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:11 pm

I think it's totally sweeeeet! Very psychedelic and a little as though one had taken a color-perception-enhancing substance, hahaha! 8-)
The only thing I would advice, though, is to keep a horizon that appears to be water as straight and as horizontal as possible. You could use the Grid to get a good guide there!
I really dig the colors. It also feels a bit like a dream of sorts. :)

There ain't no thing like "up to snuff", if it is about your artistic explorations. They only have to be on par with your pleasure! :D ...and that seems to come across perfectly, especially to me! :D
Next

Return to Your Artworks