Dm7's Universe

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Dm7

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:18 pm

Dm7's Universe

Hi, I'm new here. I recently discovered Verve last night... and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the demos!!!

Anyways, I'll start posting my work here and of course post my thought process on it.

Here's my first one.. kinda abstract but it was pure joy to do it in verse, it's so fun watching the liquid going wild. I think.. I think I actually like it even more than I do with artrage and I thought nothing would beat it when it comes down to joy and painting!!! Sorry artrage.... oh yeah, I tried that spinning thing, it's a fun feature, but it made everything else wobbly. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Dm7 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:32 pm

Re: Artworks of Dm7

The spinning gets me serious nauseous, hahaha, so I'm totally with you on that! :mrgreen:

That's VERY BRIGHT and looks like sincere joy, too! It has curious depth, almost like a forgotten underwater candyland that just started to light up as the explorers entered into it through a cave. (dream, dream...yumm) :lol:

I'm VERY happy to have you here and thank you for a new thread I will enjoy for sure! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Dm7

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Taron,

What an interesting association you have! I sorta can see what you mean though. :lol: Thank you, I really am glad you made awesome program for us to use and I was really surprised to know you years ago.. it feels like I knew you before you became famous... well not really, but know that feeling? :ugeek: Cheesy maybe, but I don't care. It's cool!

Dm7

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm famous? :lol:
Eh, hehe, yeah, well, I think I kinda hit the scene before there were any forums, thus that would've been tough, but I can tell you, the times we've had on the early CGTalk daily sketches with Goro and all those excellent artists... man, those were exciting and they gave me artistically such a massive boost.

Anyway, I'm ALWAYS happy to surprise! :twisted: 8-)

Dm7

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Still having too much fun with the fluid system. Argh, this is addicting.. I should paint something real instead of abstract though, but... it's darn so addicting to play around like that! Actually painted it with mouse this time because I kinda got too into it and forgot about my tablet... I know.... :roll: but I guess I can say that mouse works in the worst case. :P

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:05 pm

Looks like VERY convincing drips there! Very drippy, hihihi! :shock: :D
OHhhhh, I so know what you're going through. But I have only bad news for you on that front: It'll always haunt you, because it never seems to stop being fun. I still do abstracts, so many that I rarely ever save them anymore, hahahaha... ask Borhani about it :lol: ...he still saves! :lol: (And I'm happy he does!)

I LOVE YOUR STYLE, though, it's cool to see different abstracts show up like that! I'm really, really starting to appreciate those more than ever. There's so much to explore, it just won't stop! :twisted:

Dm7

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:41 pm

It's all your fault for making it so fun! *shakes her fist* :lol:

Thank you :D I'm really loving it! XD I saw Borhani's gallery haha yup he beat me to it for sure! Some cool discovery there as well! Anyways, expect me to do some real painting stuff soon, I don't want to be known as an abstract artist :P that's not me!

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Splatch painting at the top! 8-)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:27 pm

I..eh... her...yeah, I'm sure I knew that! :? :D ...I can't wait to see your focused paintings, but don't underestimate the great liberating power of abstracts! They'll give you a chance to explore things that we normally are too afraid to do....textures, structures, wild patterns, all these things we rarely dare put into a "carefully" noodled painting. As I'm frowning over what I've just written, I realize I should take that to heart myself, HAHAH! :lol: :P

I think, too, that Verve offers new approaches altogether, which are not about their novelty in itself, but about what we can learn about ourselves and how WE can approach things differently as artists. But it still has SOOOOOOooooo long to go! Miles ahead, but I'm on the journey with my "smack me on the head, ten times a day"-boots. :P :D

Dm7

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Haha :D Yeah, true. It's liberating in many ways. Anyways, here are 2 artworks from me, one abstract (all your fault for making it too fun!) and one semi-real artwork.. although it's nothing that great.

Next

Return to Your Artworks