With verve into the light

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:35 am

Re: With verve into the light

That's a lesson for you right there! :lol: 8-)
Point is, it's never relevant how much complication is behind the creation of something, only whether it is appealing, interesting or even inspiring for some aspect or even all aspects of it. For example, your five minute nonsense sketch still has more appeal that thins, even if fascinating, nonsense music-instrument/obscure torture device. :lol: :twisted:
I know, it sounds a little esoteric or spiritual, but your thought and sensations manifest themselves in your artwork. Let go and the freedom of it as well as your curiosity and fascination get burned right into the canvas and radiate out for ever. Don't control so much what's on the painting, but guide yourself through the process, you know.
Ok, I really understand how this sounds fruity and all, but- honestly- it's a communication between you and the picture. If you lose the conversation and turn into into a silent effort to craft, it gets as cold and as stiff or one-sided as the nature of such process is. It happens to me to and then I'm unhappy about the result or struggle with liking it somehow.
Love...ok, now it gets really corny, but it's true all the same...love means a lot, too. If you love what you're doing, you understand the privilege it is to be able to paint something, make it real to some extend, for that matter. And you become like a parent to your painting. You may have to tame it, you most certainly have to mold it, but you gotta love it, too...even if it's kind of an asshole. You never know, you know, hahaha. :lol:

Anyhow, that was a lot, sorry about that. But in a way I have to tell that to myself again, too, because I have become quite stiff lately, which is unusual for me. I blame the few reference based sketches I've done. They're really kind of like stepchildren in a sad way. You can love them very much, no doubt, but you can't help but feel only partially responsible for it and it may be better than anything that genuinely came from yourself. That can be a bit depressing. So you begin to seek the foreign DNA that smuggled itself into your consciousness....but it remains foreign and you cannot control it. Only if you evolve yourself to the level where you can grow that stuff out of your own strain. :shock: ... So yeah...I gotta find myself...myself. :P
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:32 pm

@ Knacki
Shadoks on the Space! ;)

Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:48 am

Hahaha Pilou, didn't know them otherwise I would have tried to paint a Gibi ;)
But you are right. Pretty close.

Taron, you are correct. It's for sure not the spent time making things special.
Btw. thank you so much for your efforts not only making this software but also keeping our work commented.
I always tried to avoid painting and besides a lot of other things (drawing hands and feet and anatomy in general i.e.), there still a lot to learn.

References.

As I see it, once there is a good knowledge base, enough techniques one can reproduce, there is the point to do things on your own.
And often it's just a question of time. Besides abstracts I really need my time, to fall in love with the pieces I am working on.
Plenty of hours, days, weeks just depending what I am working on.
Painting with verve is more a hobby where I love to do fast good results, that's the point on easily slave oneself to references.
And I did it again, but to learn more than just reproducing photographs, which I am with you that these are more or less stepchilds, I tried to learn from one of the old masters.
And I didn't try to reproduce in detail, just tried to learn more about technique.
Ok the original is breathtaking once you see all the details.
Mine is far, far away from this genius. It's not even a good painting anyway.
But it was fun, and again I learned a bit more.
Rembrandt2b.jpg
Rembrandt2b.jpg (238.17 KiB) Viewed 12688 times
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:12 am

Absolutely, there are some really nice elements all over this one, great stuff! Altogether it feels as though the focus on details got you trapped in their individual spaces and the whole feels a bit unhinged. Yet, it gives it a neat medieval touch! :)

I believe, it is very important to find yourself, your own rhythm and your actions first, kind of like getting to know your own hand/eye coordination down. Once you are in charge of your physical skills, translating your impulses confidently through the medium you chose (the tablet and Verve in this case, haha), you can investigate traits of references. When you go at references you also have to consider a breakdown of them first. Like with sculpting you want to bring it from the coarse to the fine and never really start with a detail. Since I'm exploring details myself again, I do that mistake quite a bit, too. Anyway, it's best to get the rough elements first to set the framework of proportions and the placement of the details in first. When you squint your eyes or when something is blurry, you can still recognize the whole thing, even without any details you could make out specific actors, for example, you can recognize them through heavy makeup and even masks. That's because their proportions don't easily vanish. Thus, only after this mapping of the reference, you may go at the next level of detail, which in itself will have certain proportions. It's good to keep "measuring" them against the large proportions not to lost track of them. And deeper and deeper you go, but never to lose sight of the whole.

Hmmm...makes me wonna do an example step by step...if only to see, whether I've been steaming up bullcrap or if it's really a good suggestion, haha. :? :lol: 8-)

Anyway, great job already and I dig the color choices for sure...as well as the many of the details!

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:08 am

Just played around with fluids and suddenly this happened:
abstract_cave.jpg
abstract_cave.jpg (213.02 KiB) Viewed 12661 times

So much fun!

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:57 am

Uh, that's magical alien... a throne room with organic communication gates to reach all affiliated realms. The grand emperor is kept alive within the walls, while his energy resides on the throne itself. There his voice is manifested by a thin, nearly invisible membrane, which illuminates with the frequencies emitted. Some alien species would listen, others would read and so on. No rest for the emperor ever. A magical throne room indeed! :)

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 am

like *
have you a new preset ? : )

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi,

Very beautiful gallery here. well done :P

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 am

Oh taron, that's nice. Just floating some pixels around and you made a complete story out of it ;)
But in fact, abstracts are something are really love to do in verve the most.
It's simply a pleasure seeing things floating around. Suddenly there is a face. Stop! Stop! Where is the d key? Ohhh too late, but look, there is another one:)
As a conclusion: I never worked with a program where it is as easy as with verve to produce eye candies.
Well, laser programming for sure, but that's another medium.
Thanks taron.

Haha borhani, no this time not. But this is easy to reproduce.

Kargall, that is very kind of you.
In fact, I am not proud of every piece I made. But was brave enough to post it here as a documentation of my way through verve galaxy which brought me back to continous drawing, just for me, what I haven't done since ages.
Since start, I saw so much inspiring work of very talented artists, like you ;) that the wish to draw, to draw the perfect way I always wanted to be able to, just explodes. Thank you for inspiring me and a bunch of others.

Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Knacki I always liked your 3d. the last one I saw http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... ost1014199 was super fun heh. Fat rat :mrgreen: Your 2 d shines! The portrait of the old man smoking a cigarette shines for me especially as do your Chinese style watercolors and more. Makes me think some people should never have put down their sketching pads! Hmmmm D to stop the fluid flow? sweet!
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks