Everybody's First Doodle

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Re: Everybody's First Doodle

What a lovely use of brush #8
Welcome!!
More!!!
:D
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Thanks Taron and Knacki! What I love so much about Verve is that the possibilities are seemingly endless. If I ever get bored of working a certain way, I can just tweak the parameters and work another way as if to work in a completely different and unique media with its own unique properties (I tend to hop around various mediums constantly). Add on top of that the fact that you are constantly tweaking, adding new features, and even taking suggestions?? It's overwhelming in the best of ways
System: 2.8 GHz Q. Core Xeon E5462 x2 / EVGA GeForce GTX 770 / Windows 7 / 6GB Ram

Post Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 pm

congrats Supertrash, like the oily look of your black brushstrokes.
congrats ClaytownPaintings,
very inspiring landscape,
dark n subtle,
welcome to the forum both men, please do more.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:56 pm

My first 2 digital painting projects. (I tried to paint with photoshop in the past but never finished anything). My self portrait is done by using a picture as a reference (all the traits vere copied from a picture lol... Im very new in painting so I cannot reproduce face traces/shapes by just looking at a picture... at the end it doesnt have the good proportions at all... very frustrating ^^) If you have some advice for that dont hesitate because for some reason i have big problems with perspective.

lom1.jpg
first project
lom1.jpg (98.03 KiB) Viewed 13409 times

bosd.jpg
second
bosd.jpg (166.84 KiB) Viewed 13409 times
My instagram: danboss

"So long as the sky and the world exist, my existence will be here for the eradication of the miseries of all beings."

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Very nice - first projects - welcome :)
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:58 pm

These are super sweet first paintings!
I love both of them!
:rock:
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:40 am

Uh Oh, here's a force coming into the mix! Dan, those are most excellent first doodles. c:!
I'm already excited to see your own gallery thread coming and growing! :hyper:
Your proportions seem already quite advanced and not at all troublesome. But I did make a little showcase at some point, doing the Spock portrait a long time ago by now. (AH, I FOUND IT AGAIN: viewtopic.php?p=5097#p5097 ) However, there's endless material on the web, of course.
My own technique is that of relative observation, also always happily considering Fibonacci and the golden ratios. I've noticed that you can almost rely on a certain "DNA", which manifests in deviation of the gold ratio and it tends to hold true throughout the entire body and every detail. With this in mind you can create your own kind of reference ratio for any individual face, for example. See which two elements are meant to be in this kind of ratio and also consider fractal repetition of this. For example: size of the hand to the root of the fingers, length of the fingers to the knuckles, length from knuckle to tip compared to root of the nails. In a face their our countless such relationships.
As for perspective, well, you have to develop a feel for it, which you get to via understanding, of course. But understanding is much easier than getting the feeling for it. The trickiest thing, which people often forget, is the lens distortion, which is highly relevant to really arrive at a good use of perspective. None of it is rocket-science, but it does take a great deal of practice and careful, conscious observation.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm

welcome to the forum danboss
I like that apple study, the way the leaf is kinda translucent,
hope to see more of your art
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:25 am

Here is my first painting. (Or at least the first painting that is more than a five minute I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing doodle. :D)

I messed up with the save commands (I thought Ctrl + S would save the project as is and not just the current layer ... ^^;) and ended up losing all my layers, so I ended up leaving it more unifinished than I originally planned. But I'm quite happy with it anyway, and I can't wait to explore Verve some more (now that I know how to save properly, hah). It is so very fun to paint with it, I have never worked in a program that feels quite as satisfying. 8D

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:23 am

You are kidding me... :shock: ... this... is... AWESOME! :bounce:
Welcome to the forum, Flubberwurm! :beer: & :hug:
What a fantastic painting, though, I'm really sad and almost angry at myself that you've lost your GORGEOUS project. The only thing that comforts me, besides it being that beautiful, is that you make it look so easy, so light. Your sense of everything, form, composition, volume, color and- above all- soul is extremely exciting to me! :hyper:

A stunning first doodle, my dear, this makes my day! c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks