Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:42 pm

Re: Suggestions

Something for inspiration.
Drawing vectors for fluid movement.
http://cgpress.org/archives/vecmap-tools-released.html
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:29 am

Ahaha, that's what you're doing this whole time in Verve, except that it moves the vectors along the fluid, unless you turn CURL to 0, of course. But, yeah, it's the very nature of Verve, really.
I've done something like this and even wilder in After FX 10+ years ago with a plugin I've never released. I called it "Noisette". With it, you could use color coordinate images to map fractal noise unto them and also move them, of course, resulting in VERY similar effects and just as fun to experiment with, too. Hmmm...anyway. This is very nice indeed! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:02 am

Ahh, well. OK. For sure.
I just thought about painting the flow/vectors first and then use kind of directional flood option and see what's happening :D
The After effects plug would have been very interesting indeed ;)

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Loading AlphaMasks for Selection/Deselection would be great. Like in photoshop => white => Object/opaque, black => transparent (and gray => something inbetween maybe). This would be great too - and saving Selections in Verve as Alpha would be great. :ob I miss this so much in verve - in my nect illustration you will see - why :ob - its an illustration in a very very big city :D - with lot lot of windows ....

or like in Artrage => Non Alpha => red with 255,0,0
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 pm

Yes, that would be possible, though only in 8bit per channel, unfortunately. But it would be possible.
The other- likely bigger- question would be, wouldn't you rather have a good way to generate those windows? How were you planning on doing so in the first place? 3d app?

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 am

Zero, you always have the chance to make masks on an extra layer.
Instead of Black & white you make them any color & alpha.
Leave the mask layer separate in your stack and whenever you need the mask click on this layer and:
"[Shift] + [q] sets current layer's alpha channel as mask for fluids."
It's not same as layer mask but will help a lot.
If you prepare the houses somewhere else, you could prepare it there and load the png into verve.
Don't forget:
"[k] will toggle lasso mode on and off. Once you drew a lasso, it will create a mask as you may know already, which you can toggle on/off with [q] or look at and modify with [ctrl]+[q] or invert with [ctrl]+[shift]+[q]."

As painting masks itself is no super fun in verve, I would do it via real painting and SHIFT+q.
That is same fun as painting masks in PS.

P.S. As long as you only need one mask, it will stay in memory and you can just switch it on of with the little star toggle right from mask button. But having your mask picture on an extra layer is more save ;)

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi, yes dear Taron - for my new Digital paint I used a lot of 3D and Alpha / MultiPasses in 3D :hihi:

And yes dear Knacki - masks are one of the best Features in Photoshop ... :borg: - Clipping Masks, LayerMasks, Vektormasks and I count also "Blend If", Locking Transparency - are great. Verve don't must have all of this too. And "Blend If" - that we have now with CTRL+L too - :) - its not really masking - but Matt Kohr mentioned it "blend if" - in his Tutorials.

*Blend if - you called it wither other words - some weeks ago - dear Taron.

And oh - I forgot it - AlphaMasks nice too :D in PS - but AlphaMasks very similar to layermask ... You can also generate form an Alpha Mask/Alpha Channel a Layermask and so on ....
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:23 am

Number and size of bristles on pressure.
Mainly number is one thing that could be interesting.

But let me explain:
What I am after is this irregular ending brushstroke. Color flow is interrupted etc etc
Example: https://submotionorchestra.bandcamp.com/album/alium
Good music btw.

So I was thinking on how this could be achieved. Somehow it is a combination of what brush #8 can do, but only for the end of the stroke...or beginning.
„Load“ what other apps are offering, is not really the solution, and if, only a part of. Me I mostly feel uncomfortable with it.

If we look how a real brush is working on releasing pressure, some bristles will loose contact to the canvas. Mostly on sides of brush but sometimes also in the middle.
The more one lifts the brush.

So what if the number of bristles is randomly decimated by pressure?
Maybe adjustable, like size and min. size. If the decimation starts at the outer brush radius, it could end in a pretty realistic look - and what is more important, nice and organic.
No opacity fade on each bristle, just on off.

I tried to solve this with maximum strength on canvas, even canvas structure as alpha mask, but the results were not satisfying.

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Uh, I can up one, Knacki, because I just the other day thought about randomizing bristle activity or rather putting a fractal pattern on their strength, similar to brush #8. But pressure on number was also a very old plan of mine that was meant to go into the full brush GUI, which is yet to come! :roll:
So, yeah, I'm with you! :ob
(UH, hahaha... :hihi: ...I wasn't reading your whole post, before jumping on the reply. :ud: ...yes, yeah, definitely on the same page! ) :beer:

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Random or fractal on bristle activity could give some very interesting results as well!
Brush 8 is awesome, but look of brush 8 on brush 2 or 9 is even more awesome for some cases ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]