feedback v37

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:32 pm

feedback v37

The deadline was not dead
* But on the new version it is sailing away into the distance
* Otherwise (than the default canvas size) the limes are shimmering
* at the end the curtain falls (revealing what I hid from you)
:ud:
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: feedback v37

The video is unavailable! :(
...I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like you're having troubles with the new version? I can't wait to see the video!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 am

Same here! :)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:46 am

Please, download Verve again! I've taken off the /8 limitation again. See, if your lines still shimmer! :shocK:

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:02 am

...speaking about the youtube video! :beer:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:53 am

Isn't that very speculative?
I can't really understand what pud says.
My guesstimation:
He is working with curls on 0 and the new settings are now forcing particles to never stop=shimmering.
Maybe?
But that's what I had in mind when I said to have a switch to old behaviour, if possible.
Some people really build up their workflow on old behaviour - just wonder what stavros would say, but he hasn't been around for a long time.
My preset doing this wonderful soft one-stroke pictures: http://www.taron.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18500#p18500
returns now also not so nice results anymore. But I think this can be solved by adjusting the parameters. I am almost there again.

On the other hand, that's the prize of progress, and we always can step back easily. ;)
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:22 am

Pud writes in poetic desperation, it seems. I also can't quite tell what it all means exactly. Maybe you're right? However, as you've said, adjusting the parameters can now lead to even more powerful results, if you asked me. Of course, it is somewhat different, but nothing is lost. The funny thing about 0 curls is that it's highly experimental, of course. This makes it probably the most sensitive to changes?! :shrug:
Verve, however, is still evolving and things will continue to change in the process. I can't nail it down before it has reached proper perfection in terms of possibilities. But I can try and hold on to some entertaining behaviors eventually.

I hope, pud will post a proper video link so I can actually see what's happening. If anyone deserves my full attention it is him! :bow:

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:07 pm

First, I love the change to the fluid drying behavior. Much greater precision of layering paint (in a single layer obv) is possible now. I've thirsted for this for a while and it is tremendous in practice!

Second, I am severely appreciative of how it now remembers your former resolution on opening, because I like to work at default at my screen res.

I do have what seems to be a new bug in v37 to report. The old ability to 'erase' in warping mode now produces... weirdness. More precisely, it seems to uncover a copied layer which has been shrunk and scooted to the upper-left:

Screenshot (4).jpg
Screenshot (4).jpg (131.08 KiB) Viewed 16702 times

This was simply holding CTRL with brush #6 in warp mode, on a single layer. I regret forgetting to leave the toggle panel open before screenshotting, but I think it was all defaults.

I have also experienced the 'Liquify' ability using SHIFT + #6 or #1 in warp mode to have no effect at all. I'm not sure what triggers that.

Quickly because I go to work soon: There is a minor bug I've noticed since at least v35 related to moving a flipped (F6 or F7) image with SHIFT+V. Basically the preview before you commit has the controls flipped (left goes right etc).

On the whole, I really do love the changes. Verve keeps getting better and better, and it is wonderful to see it happen c:! :beer:
System Info: NVidia Gforce GTX 970, AMD FX-8350 8core (4.00 GHz), Windows 10
The main thing is not to panic.

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:28 pm

GREAT! But I can't report any changes to Warp and find nothing different in a quick test either. Maybe something got a little confused? I'll have to do more experimenting, but I can assure you that I've changed nothing on that as far as I'm aware. BUT one never knows... so... THANK YOU for the report already!!! :ob :beer:

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Just a little explanation on the side: "Erase" in Warp Mode relaxes the coordinates! It doesn't "erase" something, but simply gradually brings the UV coordinates back to their original values. As a result you can have the same UV coordinates in various places, creating the impression as if there were several copies or instances of the same space or drawing. Keep "erasing" and you'll see how they gradually pull back to their original layout. Soooo, I think this is merely a misunderstanding and want to assure you that nothing has changed for warp. ;)
Next

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]