feedback v37

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Re: feedback v37

Looks nice, I think its now better to work in Verve with Multi-Layers - great job :hug:

But I miss still a fix with Brush #6. If I hold down SHIFT + CTRL with Brush #6 and I made fast movements - I get often some unwanted Brush-Material/Color-Adds in ths Smudging/Blending Mode ;) - I called it some months ago with Dirt Accident ;)
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm

AH, you mean in the beginning of making a stroke with brush #6 in average mode. Yeah...dang. I'll look into it, Zero! Thanks! :ob
PS: Really not so easy, believe it or not. I will have to spend some time with it. :?
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:09 am

I unexpectedly came across a shimmering effect myself in v37. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with pud's feedback, but maybe? Anyway it looks cool.

I wanted to also mention, I have been experiencing crashes in v38 when I try to save a file to JPEG... before it finishes saving, sadly. I think it may have something to do with loading the last-used settings on startup, because loading default settings with CTRL + DEL seems to negate the issue, but it always happens if I don't hit CTRL + DEL. (So to be clear, if I make a "safe to save" file with CTRL + DEL, I can then double the rez and save it safely. But if I then close and reopen Verve, that fresh canvas of doubled resolution will always crash if I don't first reset to default values.)

Hope that was clear and possibly even helpful. :roll:
System Info: NVidia Gforce GTX 970, AMD FX-8350 8core (4.00 GHz), Windows 10
The main thing is not to panic.

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:24 am

UH, I will investigate that! Sounds like a silly oversight of mine with the JPG and double res stuff. I'll have a look! :ugeek:
As for the shimmering...that's if you put curl on 0. I believe, it has always been that way?! :shrug: ...at least it is logical.

I've got a new version almost ready to go, which has a number of new tricks and fixes/optimizations. I'll first see, if I can find out what you've mentioned!
THANK YOU! :ob

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:42 am

Fixed! :hyper: Starting up at any resolution and saving JPG now works perfectly fine, BUT I still want to take care of a few more things before releasing v099.w01 ! 8-)

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:24 am

I appreciate your looking into it so quickly, Taron. Unfortunately, I re-downloaded and found it still crashed as before for me... although also I checked my v37 and that crashes too. Which I don't remember ever being a problem before... Is there a general user/default settings file saved somewhere that I could try deleting? I tried removing the custom.vrs file I had made for myself in my Verve folder, but to no avail.
System Info: NVidia Gforce GTX 970, AMD FX-8350 8core (4.00 GHz), Windows 10
The main thing is not to panic.

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:19 am

NO, I haven't released it, yet!!! Wait a moment, please! I will let you all know when it's up. :ugeek:
I wrote 2 sentences, man, please, read them first! I even wrote the "BUT" all capitals so you don't miss that it's NOT up, yet... :shrug: :lol:
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]