Color Hue dancer

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Color Hue dancer

This is a interesting tool. I notice if you use it at around 40% it just moves the hue in the range of one color but keeps the tone constant. I was wondering if it could be twicked to for example move through one color from light to dark that would be interesting.

I was looking at a color wheel on the web

https://galactic.ink/sphere/#

It allows you to click a color and from that color chose various harmonies.

Complimentary, split Complimentary etc. I can not program so I have no idea how difficult that is to do. I thought I would put it out there as something to think about in term of making Verve even cooler than it already is. Come to think about it I don't think any 2D painting program has this powerful feature.

I have used Painter and Artrage both have a tracing feature where you can import a image and then trace it on another layer. I have a feeling that may prove difficult in Verve as it is not static pixel based. (the part I love best)

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:52 pm

Re: Color Hue dancer

Oh yes, all color matters are still part of what's to come. This includes a pretty massive variety of wheel/source options as well as various manipulators like the "dancers" for more than just hue. I just noticed that hue variations are very useful and pleasant to work with, while maintaining control. I'm not yet entirely happy about it, but it's been a good start. I also wanted to do a different principle altogether, allowing you to pick a primary color and then have a manipulator color, which could, for example, sample through a swatch list you'd design. So, yes, many things are to come eventually! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:56 pm

That sounds so cool 8-)

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:08 pm

A little funny trick you can try, if you wanted to, is to make a brush image with the color you want, then make a swatch list with a variety of off-white colors. During painting with these images, hold [n] to sample through the color swatches while painting or simply hit [n] to advance to the next swatch and make a stroke. It's really fun. That way you can also vary in brightness, if you wished to, but here's a quick example without much brightness variation:

OF COURSE, you can do it the other way around, too. Make a number of brush images with color variations and then pick the primary color you wish to paint with...hmm...duh, I could've thought of that earlier, too. :hihi: :shrug:
Attachments
colorTweaks.jpg
colorTweaks.jpg (93.56 KiB) Viewed 10619 times

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Here's the other variation. I made a number of brush images with the color variations. The advantage there is that you can already pick different animation behaviors. Random per stroke, random during stroke, pick, forward per stroke or during.
Attachments
colorTweaks02.jpg
colorTweaks02.jpg (133.52 KiB) Viewed 10619 times

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:05 pm

Taron wrote:A little funny trick you can try, if you wanted to, is to make a brush image with the color you want, then make a swatch list with a variety of off-white colors. During painting with these images, hold [n] to sample through the color swatches while painting or simply hit [n] to advance to the next swatch and make a stroke. It's really fun. That way you can also vary in brightness, if you wished to, but here's a quick example without much brightness variation:

OF COURSE, you can do it the other way around, too. Make a number of brush images with color variations and then pick the primary color you wish to paint with...hmm...duh, I could've thought of that earlier, too. :hihi: :shrug:

This is a really cool idea I have not even tried cycling through a series of brush images I did not even know you can cycle through a color swatch list as well. I will have to try it :ob I am sure it has been suggested already but the ability to import more than one custom brush would be great :bow:

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Taron wrote:Here's the other variation. I made a number of brush images with the color variations. The advantage there is that you can already pick different animation behaviors. Random per stroke, random during stroke, pick, forward per stroke or during.

How would you pick these different animation behaviors are they keyboard shortcuts? :?:

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:10 pm

By the way I like that little abstract you did there :hihi:

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:14 pm

Ehehe, thanks!
You see in the brush image GUI in the upper left corner the little buttons:
USE | p | i
COL | >? | |
This second button next to COL, which by default says "=?". You can click on it and toggle through the different modes:
=? ...random pick per stroke. Whenever you make a new stroke, it picks a random image
>? ...random image during stroke...
= ...use the currently selected image only
>> ...cycle through the images during the stroke
pr ...pen pressure based image choice. The harder you press down the further down the list the image is being picked. Really cool feature! 8}}}

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Taron wrote:Ehehe, thanks!
You see in the brush image GUI in the upper left corner the little buttons:
USE | p | i
COL | >? | |
This second button next to COL, which by default says "=?". You can click on it and toggle through the different modes:
=? ...random pick per stroke. Whenever you make a new stroke, it picks a random image
>? ...random image during stroke...
= ...use the currently selected image only
>> ...cycle through the images during the stroke
pr ...pen pressure based image choice. The harder you press down the further down the list the image is being picked. Really cool feature! 8}}}

Thanks you should put this info in the help manual I am sure people would love this feature if they knew how it worked.

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]