Extrapolations

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:44 am

Re: Extrapolations

Hurray! What a great picture!! Absolutely love it!
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Sheeesh, I've missed so many posts again, crazy. Love the style that comes from this one! Colors are gorgeous, but even the BW is a looker for sure! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:27 am

congrasts Tartan,
geat compo, it makes me wonder from where that baloon's highlight is coming from
it couldn't be the sun since the stormy sky.
To me it looks like coming from fire or a explotion, a sort of destruction due to the conditions.

PD: what is the original resolution, did you use 3d on it?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:30 pm

Thanks all,

Verve really set the mood on this one. I wasn't aiming for this image at first but after I did the sky I was inspired to use it in the "Out" picture as a natural followup to the "Into the Eye" image I posted in a different thread.

Hey Ed. You are almost right about the highlight. It is supposed to be from a city as the ship emerges from the Eye. This scene won't take place until the beginning of the third arc of the story. My main purpose was to take the edge off the 3d look of the blimp. I am not a big fan of some examples of 3d. The plastic, too perfect look. I prefer to take it to a more illustrative form.

On resolution. I recently bought a Superb app from Topaz called the A.I. Gigapixel. I bought it in order to enlarge old 3 d images to a higher resolution. These date back to the mid 90s. and I have several hundred. Can you imagine being in the 90s waiting days to use your computer because it took several days just to render a 800 x 600 scene? lol All I could do was pray I didn't have an electrical blackout. :shock: :D
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Sun May 12, 2019 9:02 am

I had a bit of fun with this project visualizing a piece of Moreorless and one of the alien races that are a part of it's story. My approach to this image is a turnabout to the last one which used Verve as a background with a 3d model as the focal point. This time I used a 3d model as the background with Verve characters as the focal. There were a lot of layers, blending and opacity changes. In Incursion Primus the Verve layer was used twice. One right on top of the background and the other at the top. The inbetween layers were all either tweaked for blends and varying degrees of opacity. With Incursion Secundus the same applied except I used the first Verve character as an underlay to the second for eye definition

Lots of programs used. Poser for the alley background. Verve and Nasa for Space sfx. Bryce used for some background effects also. Verve used for the focal point. Photoshop, Photoshop Photoshop lol Ack! almost forgot but i used Incendia for the gears you can barely see on the right lol
The images are not quite center simply because of textures and a desire to leave spaces left and right for dialogue. I am not sure which one I like the best lol
Incursion Primus.jpg
Incursion Primus.jpg (598.26 KiB) Viewed 14152 times

Incursion Secundus.jpg
Incursion Secundus.jpg (578.57 KiB) Viewed 14152 times

Post Sun May 12, 2019 9:44 am

Ultra cool mixed progs! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Sun May 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Ugh, that's sinister! :shock:
Impressive, T, and NICE to see you back in action! :hyper:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue May 14, 2019 7:51 am

Thanks Pilou :) Thanks Taron, :)

I wish I had more time but I keep getting pulled into other things. At least I finally got my roof repaired from the hurricane that hit last year and I have a working chimney again. Now I am embarking on a tankless water heater project and rerouting several circuits so I can hook a generator into the system to provide electricity for the water pump when the power goes out. Several weeks without each time a major storm rolls through isn't fun.

It's very tempting to try other Verve focals with this image.

Post Wed May 15, 2019 3:05 am

Hi Thomas, hope you are better now with your house, I myself moved about 50 kilometers renting a short place cuz I changed jobs.
so u used Gigapixel on your blimp artwork? is that the original resolution?
Now that I think of it, I wonder what Gigapixel could do with some of my low resolution (2000 x 2000 px) Verve paintings of half bodies.
Beside the Blimp, you made a previous artwork, a spaceship that looked like a sortof cloaked living creature flying into a kindof blackhole,
which sortof reminded me to the style of Chris Foss plus the colorfull, contrasty, n detailed richness that only digital can deliver. Would like to see more of them.
Dang I would have to paint my own slightly abstract space paintings too xD, I just have to figure out how to link that subject w the trad classic oil fluids stuff. xD
Congrats man.

PD: I like Incursion Secundus more cuz the silhouette is more developed, n I sense a sortof lighting coming form the right side, though all the detail at the bg may be cutting out some the dof feel, but then again it adds to its sortof psychedelia style, also I see two more people behind each side of the character, I think the img is growing towards a final state, to me perhaps it's 60% done, but, I don't know exactly, hard to say about that.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 am

Hey Ed :)

I am starting to get things done but still a long way to go. I guess I should have hired someone but always have preferred doing things myself. Glad to hear you got a new job (teaching art?) I think you will find as a teacher, you will learn more as you teach than you would have not as one :D

I am finding Giga extremely useful. I mentioned that I have hundreds and hundreds of old renders and projects that didn't make posting. I kept them because there is a lot to be learned and a lot of old ideas ready to hatch like a phoenix and become reborn. This first image was done in Poser, Raydream Studio for the helmet and Kai by way of OLD photoshop lol. I randomly chose it. Looking at it closely I decided to B&W it. I then took it and resized from 800x to 6000x outside of photoshop. On the reimport into photoshop I isolated the section I wanted to concentrate on cut it out, pasted to a new image, and resized it once again to 6000x which I have saved as a Psd file. What you are seeing is a resized Jpeg saved at medium, quality at 1600x. What this has done is given me the ability to resize the Psd file to 4000x, take it into Verve as Png and do a much better image by underpainting beneath the layer. I can be light with the paint because I want to maintain my "Ink Line". Once back in photoshop you can adjust the saturation to your taste. This reopens old roads for me.

You referred to an old image I did and posted in a thread called "Postcards from Kohaku (japanese for space) at the Zbrush Sculptris forum. The method I used was to sculpt the creature with Sculptris. I imported an inverted space shot as Sculptris's background and applied an image I mangled with Kai and mirroring in Photoshop as material to the sculpt. I then saved the image. I will go back and explore that one day because materials and backgrounds made in Verve would provide a nice synergy with Sculptris and I would like to sculpt something.

On Incursion, I do see a figure on the right side and several possibles on the left. These were random lol. I focused in on a 4000x image and cut out the detail. resized the detail to 4000 and flattened the colors, and applied a small hue change to bring it out. This could be fun to reinforce the character. I am seeing a japanese elf from her left side wearing a kimono with a long sleeve. The warp tool in Verve and a few black strokes to reinforce her and voila! I do plan to work on the beastman's nose. Somehow it was overpowered by the underlay of the first verve character. You can see the better version of his head earlier in this thread. We will see but I am closer to being done than you might think.

Hope this helps :beer: :D

edit: I removed the small 800x because it was just too ugly for me to contemplate :D The point was to show the difference and to strip it down to it's lines to rework it at 4000 in Verve. This is something that can be done with a lot of old failed projects which that one was. Now I get to fix his eyes :o

Honor Guard.jpg
Honor Guard.jpg (332.64 KiB) Viewed 13555 times

Incursion detail.jpg
Incursion detail.jpg (316.3 KiB) Viewed 13555 times

PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks