Oh goodness, Seedlet's Doodles

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Wed May 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Oh goodness, Seedlet's Doodles

Saw a video for Verve a few weeks ago and was blown away, tried it out myself and it was pretty glitchy for me so I held off for a while. Looked back into it today and -HOORAY- It seems to be working perfectly. So excited to learn this program a little better to see what I can do. I stuck my first painting in the first doodles thread, and for the sake of tidiness I'll stick whatever else I do in here. okay? Okay.

99% of everything I ever draw is.. terrible portraits, haha, so of course I made a face. Messed around quite a bit with averaging and smudging with this one as I try to teach myself the keyboard commands. I stopped here because I got to the point where I was over blending everything and ruining it so yeah.

Last edited by Evil Seedlet on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Thu May 15, 2014 12:24 am

Re: Oh goodness, Seedlet's Doodles

Not terrible at all!?! :| :D .... I like your style and can't wait to see a whole series of your explorations! Seems to me that you come from a place of knowledge, just that you have to get used to the way Verve behaves. Ironically this is subject to evolution, since I'm really trying to think of ways to heavily improve the painting sensation as soon as I can. BUT the gist of it is certainly there already. It'll only get better! ;)

GREAT..oh... WELCOME to the forum, of course! 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu May 15, 2014 1:09 am

Ahh thank you thank you, I'd be a lot better if I had any patience at all. I am just SO DANG EXCITED about Verve, I love painting but I don't have a real space for it in my home so the set up and take down is such a pain and puts me off of it. I really hope I can gather enough patience to actually learn the program properly and do anything half as cool as all the stuff I see on this forum. Even if it changes! haha :) thanks for the welcome!

Post Thu May 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Just a simple sky I did while avoiding responsibility.
Last edited by Evil Seedlet on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Thu May 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Sweet, I can feel the time and the air in it. Feels very alive! :)

Post Fri May 16, 2014 8:47 am

I love the colours. Very nice atmosphere indeed.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Sat May 17, 2014 2:13 am

Ah, thank you :3

'Nother one, a little self portrait from a photo. It's got a lot of issues but it's been.. holy cats 4 hours and my eyes are crossing.

(edited to change it to a slightly corrected version)
Last edited by Evil Seedlet on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Sat May 17, 2014 8:01 am

That is BEAUTIFUL, eh, YOU are beautiful! Great job! :D ...and I love the glasses, too, by the way. They're a very neat detail. Your hair color feels fantastically natural. How you come to call yourself Evil Seedlet...yeeeaah, I can imagine a bit of deviancy behind those innocent eyes...but altogether, as long as you paint like that, stay true to yourself! :twisted: :lol:

Great, great job!

Post Sun May 18, 2014 12:35 am

Hehe, the nickname goes back years, kind of a bunch of in-jokes mixed together. I won't lie though, I am pretty good at playing innocent :twisted: I'm glad someone likes the glasses, I went back and forth on adding them and even re-did them a few times to get them to look right. I don't know why glasses are so hard to draw; a lot of what I draw is a lot more illustrative so it's easy to just make some generic, single-line frames to get the point across. But then I go and do something like this and they almost NEVER come out right. I was pretty happy with the hair color too :D even if by the time I really got to the hair I was getting lazy and didn't put as much detail into it as I could. ty ty ty again! You make me blush. :D

Post Sun May 18, 2014 5:44 am

Very stunning portrait! It takes talent and a certain eye to recreate human faces. :ugeek:

...It is apparent that many of us do not... since most of my stuff is landscapes and kitchen utencils. :lol:

Ah... Verve is a great fit for many types of art.
Visit: http://www.k4icy.com/ dA: https://www.deviantart.com/mikek4icy FB: mike.maynard.9277 email: mikek4icy@gmail.com
System Info: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 (12Gb), AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 Ghz, 16 Gb, Windows 11
Next

Return to Your Artworks