What's your favourite Freeware, OpenSource Progz?

Philosophy, Politics, Humor, what ever should have its own place far, far away from galleries and feedback... here we can go for it almost shamelessly! :)

Forum rules
More than anywhere on this forum I'd ask you all to be courteous and respectful to each other, but don't hesitate to speak your mind! :geek:
Please, do not advertise commercial software here!

Post Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:36 am

Re: What's your favourite LowBudget, Freeware, OpenSource Pr

This is going to change soon, Pilou!
:ob
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:26 am

Yes, I suggest to hear Taron's Reaper Christmas song. After I hear it for the first time years ago I was totally speechless. All sounds are only synths. Go to Taron main web and listen to it, you will see :)

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:07 am

Uh, wow, you remember it, hehe. Yeah, that was with Propellerhead's Reason at the time, when it was still driven by passion beyond business. Nowadays I don't touch it anymore. :(
But, yeah, those were the good days with it for sure! :D
Thanks for reminding me, too! ;) :beer:

A lot of songs around that time were pure synth. "Amborina" is an interesting example, too, I think. I did that during working on the fire for "Gothika", if I remember correctly. I tried to regain my sanity, sitting up there in Santa Maria, California, in the middle of the night, I think. :shock:
Yeah, each and every sound was pure synth, too. :)
And "Synthilia", of course."Threolissima"...yeah...that all came later. In between I did some experiment with sample based sounds and also my own flute samples. That was good fun. :rock:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:39 am

It is pleasure to remind the pleasure, Taron! :) Yes, if I remember right, Zumanthek (I am not sure with the name, sorry) was the one with the flutes, isn´t it? My wife love it too! Sometimes I am in the right mood and run Reason and play your rps songs. Synthilia, Threolissima, yes, the next good ones!

It is definitely interesting to read about the background of your songs. Gothica? I was always wonder why your songs are too dark..? :D :rock:

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Ahahaha, I thought the movie was rather childish, but I was impressed by the transition from rough-cut to final release. So when I told the director, Mathieu Kassovitz, it was "amazing", after he asked me at the premier after-party, he knew I was not referring to the quality of the movie, haha, that was pretty funny. But I was glad I didn't have to explain it all, hahaha... so cheesy that flick. And it caused a great deal of grief to me, ultimately boosting my decision to leave all the nonsense behind, especially visual effects houses. They are led by fear and the "trust noone" philosophy that alienates the people, who really care... like me. :shrug:
"Amborina" certainly was dark. :lol: :twisted: ...some things went really dark around that time for sure.

Zumathek and Gaudaccio Odoreon were some of the main songs where I used the flutes in Reason.
Last year, though, I did a few new songs with MuLAB and a bunch of VSTs including Kontakt, where I translated my flutes into, too. So...those are still alive and kicking! :D

OH, Greetings and thanks to your wife, too! :bounce: ...I never know, who listens to my songs. That's a wonderful surprise! :beer:

Post Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Hey dear Taron, if you will have using Linux too, you could try also MILKYTRACKER ... that sounds really like from the past too
[url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoHiym5e3zI[/url]

BTW, is it good, to spend a soundcard too? I have only my "0815" Gigabyte Mainboard with an Realtek SoundChip. Ah, and what about the driver for the realtek chip? Should I install this? because my system/sound did run also without that driver. :roll: :roll: is this driver usefull? In my DeviceManager I don't have missing drivers or problems.
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Got the same Realtek chip in my board and I installed the drivers. Doesn't hurt.

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Topmod is always addictive! :mrgreen:
Close it after 15 seconds else you can't stop it! :lol:

Last edited by Pilou on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:11 am

Taron wrote:Ahahaha, I thought the movie was rather childish, but I was impressed by the transition from rough-cut to final release. So when I told the director, Mathieu Kassovitz, it was "amazing", after he asked me at the premier after-party, he knew I was not referring to the quality of the movie, haha, that was pretty funny. But I was glad I didn't have to explain it all, hahaha... so cheesy that flick. And it caused a great deal of grief to me, ultimately boosting my decision to leave all the nonsense behind, especially visual effects houses. They are led by fear and the "trust noone" philosophy that alienates the people, who really care... like me. :shrug:
"Amborina" certainly was dark. :lol: :twisted: ...some things went really dark around that time for sure.

Zumathek and Gaudaccio Odoreon were some of the main songs where I used the flutes in Reason.
Last year, though, I did a few new songs with MuLAB and a bunch of VSTs including Kontakt, where I translated my flutes into, too. So...those are still alive and kicking! :D

OH, Greetings and thanks to your wife, too! :bounce: ...I never know, who listens to my songs. That's a wonderful surprise! :beer:

:) Thank you too, Taron! :beer: At now our baby and me too are loving your first song from your last demo clip. Johana is jumping while we watch and listen your demo :) I have watched your demo about 20 times so far :D
Interesting informations again! Thank you. Sorry to hear you have got bad times :( I would definitely know more about your life story!

And back to the topic of this thread. Nice free VST:
http://www.superwavesynths.co.uk/product_p8.htm

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:34 am

Thanks, Lemi, but the "p8" is only a 32bit vsti and won't load into my host. Plus, they have this readme about trial versions for limited time. I hope that's just a standard text that doesn't apply to their "totally free" version!? :? :evil:
Anyway, cool...I love playing around with new toys! :D

...awwww, man, I'm so itching to make a new demo, too!!! :bounce: ...Johana must be super cute!!! :)
PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic