Dev Diary

Latest release, log of changes and documentation

Forum rules
Please, include some information about your computer setup (desktop or laptop, graphics hardware, OS)! That will help a great deal to figure out troubles, if there were some.

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Re: Dev Diary

Haha, I totally agree and thought about that right away after having written the last post. Yeah, you should simply have a way to set the default. But I would never force high resolutions on a first time user, because you never know what system they're running and so on...
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Any news about a new version, dear Taron? :roll: Couldn't believe, that I discoveres your great painting-software one year ago :ob
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Its been a year already? Wow, time is flying :O
Hope youre doing fine Taron!

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:40 pm

HAS IT? Nooo, really? Nooo... I started my big break in September last year. Might be that the posts don't show the proper dates, but it's really a bit over half a year at best. :ugeek: ...I'm on it! Sorry I leave you all hanging like that. Hang in there just a bit longer, please!

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:43 pm

yes it has, discovered in 3DCoat Forum and first post here in may :P
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:44 pm

its sounds good :) dear friend taron c:!

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:58 pm

OOoohh, Oh, you mean, since I first released it, YES, yeah...isn't that amazing! :lol:
Can't wait to pick up the pace again, though! :)
Hmmm...not sure when to celebrate anniversary, though. Hmmm...

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:14 am

Saving bigger files…..

Hey Taron
I saw that you dropped my name on another post and I couldn't resist!
I don't know that you actually "promised" anything regarding saving bigger files ….?
but I will certainly hold you to it if thats the case hahahah
I am flattered that you even remembered! lol :)
but seriously……pleeeeaaase and thank you
Thought you might be interested to know…..
Ive been experimenting on my modest laptop with 8 gig ram and nvidia 650m with 1 g
I can only save files and re open at max about 2560x1440 but I can work slow but successfully and export at 4000x2000 ! ( undo gets funky)
I can even create 6000x1000 images and everything works……60000 pix brush in realtime full fluids!
So I implore you, if you do have a solution for saving bigger files to please plug her in!
I have been testing other systems and find even the smoking hot newest cards all still hit the wall around the same place…
so Im pleasantly surprised how well my little beater works!
anywaaaaaay….
Yes Im dying to ask how its all going
but I won't….
your so quite these days….:(
meditating
I imagine
:)
Stavros
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:56 am

Of COURSE I remember, Stavros! Although, I feel like my memory is fading in the last few years, hahaha. :PP :roll:
However, I've had a visitor here for 2 weeks, which really put me on extra-pause, while I'm still kind of getting myself back into the swing of things. There are a few parameters in my life that I need to get straight to go full-steam ahead again, you know. I soon will have to start thinking about how I can turn all of this into my main focus even in a business sense, but my plans have not changed. It's just that I have to figure out how best to go for other platforms and all that. I'm even debating whether I should switch to another programming language, but it's not an imperative right now.
The other thing then will be timing. I'm not opportunistic enough for this society of ours, but I need to pull myself together with enough reason to still make it within our society. Thus I want to find the right timing to make that next big splash, which is itching to happen for many months already. The stuff I got lined up and the things I can see beyond it are so very exciting, it's dreadful to keep them on hold for so long, but somehow the universe wants/needs it that way and I simply keep the faith. :)

As for certain limits, since I am completely relying on openGL for the image data, its limits dictate what's currently possible, regardless of the power of the card. I am thinking about more alternatives, though, where I could juggle buffers myself, split images internally and so on, but to let the fluids act ideally at any resolution is a very different challenge...or rather...a much bigger challenge on top then.

We shall see, but there's a constant boil and simmering going on, which really only benefits Verve's evolution. 8-)

And, Stavros, you've given me and keep giving me a great deal of strength and spirit, making it very easy for me to always have you on my mind when I ponder over how to proceed with Verve next. Even when I'm just reflecting on the great gift Verve means to me and the wonders it reveals already as well as the promise that comes with them.
:bounce:

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:07 am

thanks for hidden efforts...
for complex selecting...
for keep verve alive...
for last powerful versions...
... thanks for all Taron*
and wait with full hope *