Frequently Asked Questions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:25 pm

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Oh thanks a ton taron. :beer:
First it's always good to know if there is a mistake on my side or not. ;)
1)As brush #8 is a sensation and one of the most innovative painting tools existing, it could be worth.
Anyway it is possible to do decent strokes if one is painting a bit slower and with lowered opacity. No need to spend time on it.
I just thought there could be other tricks.
Opacity_Pressure_slow.jpg
Opacity_Pressure_slow.jpg (102.26 KiB) Viewed 17412 times

2) High Speed! That's it!!
It's the new function I didn't used so far! Cool!!
Spacing.jpg
Spacing.jpg (89.06 KiB) Viewed 17412 times

Taron! Hard to stop playing around. Wonderful!!!
Testing it with GPU-Z running simultaneously for control.
On 2560x1440px Graphic card stays at 80° and fan on max 60%I guess that's no prob.
:D
Spiral.jpg
Spiral.jpg (33.89 KiB) Viewed 17411 times

3) Not a big prob, I was just wondering if the mistake was on my side.

Thanks again!
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:36 pm

The info page says the keys for rotating canvas is Alt + Control + Shift + LMB, but it doesn't seem to work for me (since I left my tentacles in my other jeans jkjk). A couple of times Alt + Shift worked, but not consistently, usually it does something else. Is it really Alt + Shift + Control + Left Mouse Button and I'm just pushing it wrong?

Also, gracefully jumping to another topic, Taron, if I understand correctly, you want to continue working closed source to leave the option to create a paid Pro version of Verve later, but I was wondering, is it possible to somehow allow contributions to the interface & other non-engine stuff, through plug-ins or just making that part of the source open? Please forgive me if I'm talking out of my ass here or if it has been asked and answered before, and I realise there may be a lot of reasons this is not feasible, or really time-consuming technically, but on the off off chance it's actually quite doable and simply hasn't been considered I still wanted to leave the suggestion here.
instagram \\ tumblr for abstracts

[AMD Radeon HD 7600M, Core i5-3210M, Windows 7]

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:24 am

Oh, writing an API is part of my plan for C++. Currently this is not possible. I'm kind of looking forward to making a nice GUI API for it, too, because that's kinda fun for myself, too, you know.

Anyway, to rotate the canvas, you do as you know: Hold down [shift] + [alt] + [control] BUT THEN you need to know that you have to grab the screen like you would with your finger, with the center of the screen being the pivot! If you are on the center of the screen, of course it cannot rotate properly. So you hold down these keys that are nearly next to each other, so unless you are very, very tiny or you have a car sized keyboard, no octopus actions are necessary! Hold those keys, grab the canvas OFF SCREEN CENTER and drag! You should know, that it's radial, meaning you rotate around the center with your mouse as well. It's not just up and down or left and right. I should probably add a GUIDE LINE or so for orientation?! Anyway, you'll see, it acts staggeringly natural and is very easy to adjust. If you want to reset it, just click the right mouse button while you still hold those keys!

I don't usually use it much, but when I need it, I'm thrilled how pleasant and immediate it works with ZERO hesitation, no funky business. It's virtually flawless! I will, however, later add GUI components that help with orientation and navigation.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Okay, mysterious wizard, now that you explained it it's super easy and comfortable! Now I can't remember what I was doing wrong, I guess I was dragging from center
Also, the continuous rotation function? A w e s o m e ! !

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Hahaha...be careful with that!!! :shock: ...it's pretty dizzying! :hihi:
Ah, I'm really happy you're getting compfy with it! :ob

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:47 am

Haha,I can second that a rotating canvas brought me once close to the edge.
If you are a bit fragile and easy get dizzy, you are lost.

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:48 am

I'm trying to get into Verve, but I've noticed there are a lot of functions that aren't in the manual that I'm seeing others using. I saw somewhere that you can access the swatch with shift+c, but I have no idea how to add colors or if you can save swatches.

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:54 am

Look in download section. Some stuff is documented there only. Strg+f opens the search function in mozilla. I am a bit in a hurry, but give more ibfo later.

There you go:

https://www.taron.de/forum/search.php?keywords=Swatch&t=4&sf=msgonly

Old, but sometimes a help as well:

https://www.taron.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2300&hilit=Cheat

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:06 pm

AH, pff, yes, that's because many of the new features were spontaneous implementations, almost temporary in a fashion. I, yet, hadn't made up my mind about the integration, but by now I'm so used to the swatches, for example, that they sure will be a part of it for good. They will, however, evolve some more as well! :)

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:01 am

I have a question about brush direction. When I move Brush 8 with my mouse, it changes its direction according to movement, but when I use my pen, it always stays perfectly horizontal. As I understand it, that's because Verve expects my pen to give it direction information, but my pen doesn't have that capacity. So until I get a pen that detects rotation, is there a way I can tell Verve to fake the rotation as it does with mouse?

Also, while I'm here, is this "swatches"? But [Ctrl] + [LMB] either on the color circle or the canvas doesn't seem to do anything? Image

PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]