Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:23 am

Re: Suggestions

If Radial to slow .. wait - I ike also the Shortcutsystem of CINEMA 4D, thats unique too. But i dont know how can I describe it.
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:29 am

You right : paletts are not radial, they are ovoid! :beer:

Palettes.jpg
Palettes.jpg (76.43 KiB) Viewed 12680 times
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 am

Don't, Zero! Altogether, please, stop telling me what other software does and uses! This is Verve and I love to listen to your ideas: Y O U R I D E A S!!! Not the idea of some other software developer. So, unless you happen to have a genuine idea of your own and would like to run it by me, hold back, please!
I love listen to your experiences with Verve and when it inspires you to sense some possible improvement or a potential addition that you'd love to see. But I really don't like it, if you simply think another software works great for you and you'd want to see it in Verve, too. It's very unpleasant to me and even threatens the legality of my creation, should I accidentally copy something that was patented somehow, you know. So... keep it real, keep it yours or keep it to yourself! ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:58 am

System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:12 am

Awww, dang, Knacki, that is so fun! :lol: :ob ...almost makes me want to get my animator hat back on, hehehe. Great job!

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:29 am

Dear Taron
what do you think about it
at the moment of pressing the keyboard shortcut he acted immediately
without hitting the manipulator
just as it happens and it is magic for me in such moments as!
ROTATION ENLARGEMENT SLIDING AT CANVAS

the program reacts then only to a shortcut without making unwanted blots

"on the subject of magic hacking on the screen without using a stylus"
verve touch function - for one who does not have a touch
there is already something like this when you press the middle mouse button
verve dances and floats without scratching the screen.

:idea:
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:14 am

Grrrr...I'm not entirely sure what you mean. But I really, really want to know what you mean!
Let's figure this out! I'm trying to translate now...
As Verve works right now, when you press a shortcut, it doesn't matter which one, Verve acts immediately. No need to press any manipulator like SHIFT or CONTROL. For example, when one hits [f], then the fluidity parameter appears under the mouse and you can change its value. If you do not click on the floating dial, you can still paint on the canvas. When this happens, it is like magic to you? I am assuming this is meant to be a good thing? I hope so, haha.
Rotation, Zooming and Panning will allow you to touch the canvas without accidentally making a paint stroke.
And now it gets a little complicated to me. Are you asking, if I could hook up touch support for Rotation, Zooming and Panning? Because, if that is your question, then the answer is: YES, of course! :D
I already have written some of it and do have the API for touch there. Therefore you need not worry, this will come!

I really hope, I did understand?! Worst case, you can write it in your language and I'll see, if I can understand more that way. Slavic languages are tough sometimes, because they are very different from Germanic and Roman languages at first glance. But as I'm learning Croatian, I get a bit more of a feel for it, too. :geek:
But your wonderful wife is doing a great job translating. This is complicated stuff to explain, even without having to translate anything. Marta (right?), you're doing great, please, don't worry! Oh god, I hope, I got your name right, it's been so long again. :oops:

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 pm

it's horrible assumption that i translate that! To be honest - this happen when I'm not in home :lol:
As I wrote some time ago (a lot, actually) when I'm trying to help Pud, need to translate from 2 languages- from his own to polish, then to english. Plus all of the verv and program language, shorcuts, fluidity, and other stuff - uggggh.

So - what he meant was acctually oposite what you understood. He want to rotate the manipulator WITHOUT actuall move on it. You're right with sentence: " If you do not click on the floating dial, you can still paint on the canvas." And it's not what he likes. At all...
As I understood well, it happend quite often that he accidentaly is paining canvas when starts using (F), but before "putting the settings" on it. What he wish/wants is:
clicking F(unction, especially shortcut for fluidity -> f is working right away -> no need to click on floating dial cause -> it will be set by the hand movement itself - if move is up - float.dial is also up, without making accidental drawings, strokes on canvas.

About magic - the magical was his personal setting one button on his pen - as an middle mouse button made his wacom behave like it have"touch" version. With the rest - scratching and other, I'm sorry, it's untranslatable for me. But I admire his ingenuity for trying to explain.

Ok, guys. If you'll need more of Puds translations - don't hesistage to contact me. By mail. Post. Messenger. Or whatever.
Hugs, Marta.
:PP
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:26 pm

HA! I remembered correctly, yay! You know, I had a feeling I would get your attention to come and help out! :lol: :hyper: ...anyway, thanks for the clarification. I will think about it. It's not so "easy", because it changes a fundamental behavior in Verve. Right now, bringing up one of those little dials on the canvas is a special power, actually, because it creates a temporary GUI element. Anyway, I will look into it and see, if I can find ways to allow artists to customize such behaviors. Everyone has their own preferences, you know.

Good call and, really, again, thank you for helping out, Marta! I still am sad we didn't get to talk on the phone then. I still hope, one day we all get to meet! :hug: c:!

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:21 am

Clear color

After a long while of not using verve, my biggest problem is still the behavior on an empty, clear layer.
That feels super strange and I experienced this with no other painting software I ever tried.
I just wonder if a "clear color" or water could solve this?
Something mathematically treated like color without color....?

Just in bed I had the idea that this should be already possible when painting black in add/+ mode, isn’t it?
Got to check that out when back on computer.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]