Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 am

Re: Suggestions

Cool, thanks, Lemi! Maybe it'll point me into the right direction and I can see how I can hook it up. Win API sounds most promising, though Blitzmax seems a little limited there, too, but we shall see! :ob
YES, I tought about finding a universal solution to use text files for all things like labels and such. That made me ponder again some more about scripting, too, but well... all of this comes later. :geek:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:04 am

I'm not sure if this is even in the realm of what you're aiming for with Verve, but I see someone has mentioned the Lumosity Lock feature of Coolorus. If something like that could be integrated with the hue dancer, you would have perfect values with crazy hue variation. Could be interesting?!
System: 2.8 GHz Q. Core Xeon E5462 x2 / EVGA GeForce GTX 770 / Windows 7 / 6GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 am

Oh, you mean locking perceived brightness? Because the combined value is locked, of course, because it is just a hue change. Perceived brightness would be a calculation that puts weights on R,G and B. I've done it with the grayscale tester, the floating pair of dials, haha...:oops: ...but, yeah, other than that, the hue dancer literally rotates the hue at locked brightness values, but not perceived brightness.

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 am

Yes, yes! Perceived brightness is what I mean. The hue dancer could be that much more useful if it could shift hue and match perceived brightness as it goes, theoretically at least I think. I've never seen hue jitter implemented in a such a way.
System: 2.8 GHz Q. Core Xeon E5462 x2 / EVGA GeForce GTX 770 / Windows 7 / 6GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:50 am

Yeah, I was super thrilled, when I hooked that up! 8-)
Absolutely, I love perceived brightness. I think, it's one of those magic things that do the most elegant things. c:!
I'm almost surprised I didn't do that right away...probably just because it was yet another experiment. BUT YES, your wish is my command! :ob

Ahahaha, how cool. You can test it with my grayscale dials. The left one is perception and the right one saturation. Just make a bunch of strokes with the hue dancer and then turn it to grayscale with the right dial. You'll see that they all have the same RGB rightness, but when you turn up perception, you can see that I did not consider that, yet! Very cool! 8-) ...fun! I'll be right on it! :geek:

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Ooooooo! I'm excited! Go Taron, go Taron, go!! :rock:

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Pahaha, I'm looking at my routine right now and I have commented out the "perception" code. :o :lol: ...so, yeah, I must've had some problem with it then, but will fix it now! Funny, though! :D

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Thank you so much for the CTRL + L Tool - now my suggestion - what about a simultan Color/value Changing for the Colorwatches by changing with CTRL + L? But only if the painter did wish it
a checkbox - with yes/no :D only. Just a sguggestion.
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:58 pm

Zero, I thought about that already, too! An option to adjust the swatches accordingly. I even thought about applying it to brush images as well as an option to affect all layers. I'm still hoping to get to multi-selections for layers and such, but that's still some ways away.
Anyway, yes, I like the idea! ;) :ob

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:28 pm

me too - and it would be unique :D

Suggestion - it would be fine if we could 'flatten' Bumps etc. without destruction the bum effect - I hope you know what I mean - maybe BAKING THE BUMP/MATERIAL-EFFECT - as a normal layer - without thick material. :hihi: Would be cool, I think...

Setting Bump to 0 - fine, but what about baking the cvurrent layer - it means also 0, but didn't destroy the look?! :D
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]