Suggestions

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:40 am

Re: Suggestions

Oh no, this is good stuff, no worries! :ob
Paha, if I told you what my original ideas were with the swatches...pfff. I really still want to do one of them, which I think would be totally awesome, but I might do a variation of it:
- grab a swatch and drag it out to create a gradient to the previous swatch. 8-)
- switch view mode of swatches to gradients from swatch to swatch (temporarily melting them so to say)

That, I think, would be awesome stuff and I am planning on making those happen, too. :ugeek: :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:25 am

Re: "speed dial"

speed dial?
hmmm.....
would that affect the speed of n key too?
cuz that sure would be nice
:)
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:32 am

UI Buttons a little more bigger for old eyes for mouse clicks on them! :geek:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Hmm taron,

I couldn't resist to sketch a possible color swatch layout based on actual UI with functions discussed and some extras :? :D
Nothing super nice. More to collect the ideas.
Verve-SwatchesUI-Sketch_names.jpg
Verve-SwatchesUI-Sketch_names.jpg (135.06 KiB) Viewed 7903 times

Without explanations:
Verve-SwatchesUI-Sketch_NO_names.jpg
Verve-SwatchesUI-Sketch_NO_names.jpg (126.69 KiB) Viewed 7903 times

From top to bottom:
1. Top name shows set name which makes several sets better to organize.
2. Drag & drop on set knob to rearrange position of set left or right.
3. Playback animation toggle as in brush images. If no swatch is selected, entire set will be played back.
4. General Volume/Brightness slider for entire set Volume/Brightness to quickly change Volume of color set. 50% center is normal selected swatch color and default.
5. A volume dancer defines the variation per stroke or tip per percentage of slider position (minus/plus)
6. Swatches can be selected for gradient and animation playback with SHIFT+LMB (?) This way you can use just a few colors of a set for playback and gradient.
7. Gradient tool. First color selected per SHIFT+LMB will be placed on first position in gradient tool, second on second place and so on. Slider position allows to place color in Gradient, like in PS etc.
(Not sure, if first color should be base color and in gradients centre?)
8. Gradient can be used for fill function, but also for gradient dancer per stroke or tip. Percentage of Gradient dancer is adjustable.
9. Apply per tip toggle defines if dancers were used per tip or per stroke.
10. Speed dial defines speed of dancing.
11.Actually the Hue dancer dial should be moved into this dialog as well. So I placed it in there (named view only)
12. An "Extras" toggle to show/hide all these functions would make sense as well.

Just my two cents ;)
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Yeah, SET NAME is a great idea! Oh, hm, I might actually already have that already in my class, haha. :oops: :D
The animation stuff should really sit right together, I think, but also I want to make sure the design feels a bit more solid, kind of encased, so to say. The gradient stuff I really want to have part of the swatches, rather than on the side, though, I did think about possible curvatures, but fear that it might be a little over the top, don't you think? This is when theory has us imagine the wildest things that in practice cause more trouble then good. :shrug: ...just in terms of simplicity, you know. I could, however, have a separate gradient designer, probably together with the HUE DANCER and all that stuff. The swatches then stay clean and won't cause a nervous breakdown when ever you open them, haha. :shock: :lol:
BUT THANKS for the mock-up, though, that's very cool and good orientation! :ob

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:08 pm

My guess is, that having all thing close together really makes it fast and flexible.
A toggle to make all extra functions visible/invisible could keep swatches as clear as they are now.
Curvature for gradients? Maybe a bit overdone if I understand it the way you want to do it.
I was really asking myself: "Which prog has the best gradient designer?" I guess the "simple" PS controlling way is spot on. Beside popping up color windows ;)
But probably I just have no idea how to do it better?
When it comes to presets.....this would probably explode the color swatch UI as it is?
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Re: Freezing Fluids Instantly

Taron can you pleeeeeease address this thing Im struggling with.....
Is it possible to have fluids freeze instantly when drying button is clicked on ( d) with drying speed set to 100 ?
Right now it seems there is a lag of about half second when drying is engaged....the fluids drift , soften and smooth out to a stop.
Pretty but frustrating because I see all these amazing textures on screen ( especially with brush 8)
but I cant " grab" them by freezing...gone by the time fluids stop....ughhh :(
I do this alot...set fluids into motion and freeze them...as a basis for a painting.
Is this the way youve set it up...to ramp down slowly?...or is it just my card catching up to verve?
If its deliberate...can we please have the max dry setting actually freeze instantly without lag.
Thanks kindly
S

ps- and I will fill my gallery with wonderous things! :)
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Stavros, I could've sworn I hooked up a freeze button... I'll check again, but if not then I'll make one for you, of course! :geek: :D

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:44 pm

Go to Download, Stavros! ;)
[ctrl]+[d] freezes all fluids! I've had it before, but it was old and didn't cover all buffers. :shrug:

Post Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:25 am

Re: fluid freeze

Thanks for doing that Taron!
I realize now that its not just a simple matter of instant freezing.
The freeze button works great...too great...the frozen images ( while really beautiful at timesl) can be quite noisy and not so pretty if the fluids are very active....see attached.
I now see the value of ramping down the drying...its alsmost like adding motion blur.

I actually thought that"instant freezing" just meant faster drying and that 100% drying should = instant dry/freeze...I wasnt actually asking for a new button.
In fact the control+d requires some gymnastics when painting with "n" and can be a little awkward....still its great that its there.
Id prefer just to continue using the d key if it was just a bit quicker to dry at 100% setting

Regardles...thanks for looking at that...s...I dont want to make a big deal out it....perhaps the solution is somewhere inbetween.
Is it possible just to speed up the 100% drying time a bit so it can capture more of the subtle textures..but still allow it to smooth out the noise?

Thanks Kindly!
:)
Attachments
Capturenoise1.JPG
Capturenoise1.JPG (134.79 KiB) Viewed 7890 times
Capturenoise2.JPG
Capturenoise2.JPG (173 KiB) Viewed 7890 times
Last edited by Stavros on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]