0.99.v01

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:55 pm

0.99.v01

First of all, Merry Christmas! and thank you for the awesome present! SanTaron! :bow:

Gave the new brush options a try with a sprinkled chocolate cookie, but failed miserably...:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2294713/v1.jpg

As you see the "sprinkles" are kind of flat, is it currently possible to add/sum the height from the sampled images? tried all the modes, buildup options, etc... but wasn't able to achieve that.

Also, was/is it possible to paint just the height or the color individually?

P.S.: I hate to ask, but is there any chance you can add the brush size shortcut (CTRL+RMB+DRAG)? maybe you just changed it? I don't mind it being different, but I would really appreciate one :)

Thanks again, and keep it up!

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:35 pm

Re: 0.99.v01

Oh, I think, you may not have painted those images with build-up properly. It captured the flat sprinkles.
Try painting sprinkles the way you really want them and it will capture them properly. I just tried it and it seems fine. You scared me there for a moment, because it really captures both color and material as it is!

Later on many features will enable you to do all that stuff with the images. Right now this is just a temp version, which I held back, because so many things weren't worked out. I needed to reinvent the interface to make it all properly! That's the whole reason for why I never released it.

However, it's Christmas and I felt like giving you this crude version. In future versions you will be able to also determine your own shortcuts completely!
Right now this one I won't touch, though, if you can forgive me, please. It ran into a dead end that I made me choose a completely new solution, which will make things really amazing!

I'm happy you've tried it already, though. Did you notice the shortcut widgets now? I think, it was you, who complained about them not being centered under the brush, right?! :D ...there you go! 8)

I am in the process of making a little youtube clip. It should show how the image stuff works. There isn't too much to it on the surface, but it gets complex underneath pretty quickly! :o

So, yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS, and forgive me for neglecting this version for the time being. I'm doing all I can so that you'll appreciate why once I'm done! ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:11 pm

ZAFIO!!!
It's [ctrl] [i] to switch transfer modes for image brush!
It toggles between flattening and keeping the material amount! I totally forgot about that! :oops:

Post Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Aahh! now we are talking! ctrl+i was the key! thanks!
Not sure if it was me who complained about the widget center, but I really appreciate it! and the color widget thickness too!
The lack of a brush size is quite frustrating but I understand you got your priorities!
Managed to do a proper test this time, wasn't able to paint the sprinkles with the curve/height I wanted, but it works:
sprinkleverve.jpg
sprinkleverve.jpg (124.64 KiB) Viewed 15259 times

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:42 pm

What do you mean by "lack of brush size"?
[space]+[LMB]+[drag] adjust the brush size.
[space]+[shift]+[LMB]+[drag] adjust the minimum brush size when pressure is active!

The painting is AWESOME!!! :bounce:

Post Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:36 pm

ARGH!! haha I feel silly :oops:, I was using CTRL+RMB+DRAG in the previous version to resize the brush, and wrongly figured there was no alternative now. Sorry! should've checked the manual again!

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:57 pm

Did I hook that up for you at some point? Weird... yeah, the regular method has always been space based. ;)
No, no, I'm just happy you've found it. Maybe you can make it a habit to check the manual again, if you run into something weird. Some things change every now and then.
Normally I announce those things...but it's been a long time.

:beer:

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:33 am

Re: 0.99.v01 ahem…v2

Ok TAron….
Im sure Ill have a lot to say once I get my head around the new/old update lol :)
but WTF is going on with the CURL dial
I freaking love this thing…..
set it to 0 and suddenly everything gets surreal and sexy
wild, weird and wonderful
watercolour !@#$%^&*
Like most of Verve
I have NO idea whats happening or how to control it
but I just love it!
and THATS as far as Ive got…for now
Fun? WOW!
lol!
:)
s
Attachments
VerveNewVEr_1_1detail.jpg
VerveNewVEr_1_1detail.jpg (39.75 KiB) Viewed 15205 times
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:55 am

That looks very cool, Stavros! Beautiful design and painting!
Yeah, fluid curls on 0% are something special. It seems broken and useless at first, but when you start exploring what it does, it's pretty exciting.

Anyway, I'm happy to see you guys exploring and can't wait for new batches of images in the Gallery! Also, I'll see that I pull myself together and record a new clip.

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:08 pm

We can hear seagulls! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz
Next

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]