Feedback for v0.99v...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Feedback for v0.99v...

That's only on Brush#9, which prior to that had no bias. The old brushes still do what they did and I like it, too! :)
But I'm glad you found it!
positive = vertical flat
negative = horizontal flat
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:11 pm

As I was going through the code, I just discovered [j] again when in Brush Image Edit. I've changed the documentation a little to include that!

When you hit [i] to bring up the brush image selector (activating Brush Image Editing) you can hit [j] to toggle perspective transformation on and off. If your rectangle lines up with some perspective wall, for example, it will then try to transform the content properly, making it straight so to say for the image you take.

ALSO, another funky little thing I found again was that [Ctrl]+[i] with Brush Image Edit active will paste the first Brush image back into place with the exact selector shape!

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:04 am

Do you mean that you discovered functions that you don't have don't created ? :shock:
A sort of spontaneous generation ? :mrgreen:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:56 am

No, it means I'm getting old enough to forget little tests I made over a year ago in one of many versions nobody has ever seen... :shrug: :)

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Image brush colour mode

HEy TAron
I seem to recall waaaaay back
when you first posted a teaser for the image brush
I think you mentioned a mode in which it picks up colour from the underlying layer????
I think you even posted an image to demo it…..
This sounds really really useful…sprinkling trees on a distant mountain for example
Is it something thats still hidden away in there maybe ?
Thanks
s
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:10 pm

No, it's quite overtly there and defaults to that action, too! :lol: :?
The tiny red corner toggle on the IMAGE BOARD is the switch for this mode. If it's ON, Average will pick up the color in the center...heck, I wrote all that in the docs, haha! Go there, because there's even more and the brand new features from this morning! ;)

Little tip, though, if you want to make trees like that, see that you have their trunk start at the center of your brush image, when you grab it! Because this average feature will sample the point in the center, you know. That way you can grow those trees at the color on their base! Otherwise you might accidentally pick up the sky instead! :geek:

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Hahaha
tiny red corner toggles...
Its all soooo obvious!
LOL!
Awsome
Just brilliant
Thanks

ps- I know we may seem daft at times….and well,. quite frankly I can be…but to be fair….I did read this……and well….even in retrospect…its still clear as mud :)

[Ctrl]+[i] switches between blending modes when using Average with images. Standard mode has Average act as normally, Color Pick mode samples the color in the center of the brush and paints the complete image tinted by that colour!

Rock on Taron!
brilliant work
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:25 pm

I didn't say "obvious"... I said overtly...it seems like semantics, but it means: you can see it! There are/were other things that were/are truly hidden <caugh>, like [y] toggle for super sampling of fluids and so on. Hmmm...it's not much more than that.
HOWEVER, I did and still do make the point that this was not intended for release. It's virtually been an abandoned laboratory version. I think, you guys can handle it. And because I have that much faith in you, I not only gave you this as a Christmas gift, but ALSO can't seem to get my hands off improving it. Which is stupid, but I can't help myself. It's fun, too! :P

The whole "bear with me" aspect when it comes to describing complicated features should also play some role. :| :shrug: ...I know, I will have to make a video. And I will!
If I had made a video yesterday, I couldn't have shown the new sequence controls or color transfer methods for images. Those are so fun and kinda vital. And I feel like I'm doing some important stuff everyday. Like what I've started this afternoon and probably will wrap up tomorrow is yet another milestone that I'm sure you'll appreciate! 8-)
(I won't tell what it is, though, hahaha...who knows, if I can pull myself together enough!?) :?

SO, yeah, I try to imagine there was no sarcasm in the above and do my best to rock on! 8-)

Uh, by the way, that blending mode thing is more than just that. If this is the whole text on that, then there is something missing. I don't know how I should call this anyway... this is really tough stuff. However, with this mode active, not only does the Average Blending paint the whole image at the color sampled from the center of the brush location on the canvas, but it also is there to preserve the material amount of the brush image when it gets painted on the canvas. It's kind of a preserving mode, you know, not corrupting the image, but being transferred as a whole... oh god...this doesn't make it too clear either, does it? :PP
Youtube must solve this dilemma! :lol: :roll:

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:30 am

Hobbala, haha...I just noticed again that [Ctrl]+[i] when brush image edit is up pastes the currently active image instead of just the first. I guess I was kind of thinking about the future then, hahaha... ah well.
Man, I'm mildly ashamed that I've dumped this thing on all of you as it is, but it does motivate me tremendously to make it nicer every day! Expect an update later today! :geek:

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Keep it coming taron.
Me - I save every verve Version in it's own folder as backup.
Just if a roll back is needed.

I have tremendous fun in doing this insert mesh style fun as one can see here.
http://www.taron.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2344&p=14252#p14252

I just wonder. Spacing is not controllable, isn't it?
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]