Verve on Surface Pro 4

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:28 am

Verve on Surface Pro 4

Hi Taron and the Verve Community,
I wrote in about a year ago and started this thread: http://www.taron.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1062 about using verve on a surface pro 3 (middle price range). At the time it just wasn't usable, which was a shame cause I was super excited to try it!

I've got a little more budget for these things this year so I decided to try a surface pro 4, with the i7 chip. I didn't have high hopes because it still doesn't have a real graphics card in it.

I was pleasantly surprised! Not only is it usable, but it performs surprisingly smoothly! at higher resolution it started to slow down a bit but it was never choppy... more like "slow-motion" 8-) Brush strokes were still sampled smoothly even at large sizes, and never "angular." 2 other small issues were that it would frequently crash when I hit the new layer above button, and when doing quick strokes, the brush doesn't always start painting right away... it's like sometimes it doesn't catch up with the pen tip for a split second when you touch it to the screen. Those are minor things to me.

So Taron, I can finally say I got to try Verve and it is A W E S O M E !!!!
I can tell I'm going to be playing with this a lot. You are a talented programmer my man, and I am so grateful you decided to share this amazing software with us!! Keep up the amazing work!!
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that those small issues can be overcome on this limited hardware. If you'd like me to list those items somewhere else then just let me know.
Meanwhile, I'll probably be posting another thread soon with some questions because I read the manual and there are still some unexplained things. But I will play around more first!

Thank you again!!
:rock: :bounce: :bounce: :bow: :bounce: :bounce: :rock:

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:27 am

Re: Verve on Surface Pro 4

VERY COOL! 8-)
This is one of the gadgets that I'd likely try out with some funding. At that point there would be reasonable hope that I could resolve issues that show up on it only.
I'm assuming you've tried the latest version of Verve (v0.99v.08)?

But, yes, this is the right place to make a list of all the issues you're encountering, sure! :ugeek:

Thanks for sharing that and I'm really happy you didn't give up! :ob
Things will only get better from here. :)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]