Saving Verve from Norton

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:23 am

Saving Verve from Norton

Hi Taron - this looks very impressive.

Unfortunately, the recent Norton internet protection hits it very hard, probably because it is a direct .exe accessing the .Net things. Also perhaps because Verve was updated very recently, which it mentions.

In fact, Norton quarantines Verve before one even has a chance to see the file.

Here is a page I found where I think you can get Verve whitelisted, so that it's treated as well as so much other software.

https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/

Hope this works easily for you, and when you get Norton agreeable, this may help with other net protection tools (it's not just anti-virus anymore.

Grüss,
Clive

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 am

Re: Saving Verve from Norton

Thanks, Clive! I went through the whitelisting with Norton now, but I keep updating Verve, making it almost futile to keep up with the virus "killer" mafia. I had to give them my email for the white listing among other information, which rather scares me a little. If I should get my first virus in 15 years, I know who it is from, that's for sure! :geek: :P

Anyway, thanks again, and consider switching to windows defender. ;) ...I'm totally serious about 15 years without a virus and without a virus killer!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:20 pm

Ok, I will try it as soon as they actually implement you on the whitelist -- not yet ;)

I don't think I would worry about catching a virus from Norton, Taron - they're not any more (or less...) crooked than many large corporations.

Which is usually confined to just taking your money in all possible circumstances....

Art has its place, I think, in growing and widening minds so that we can correct such systems which have shown they have mostly run their course in the development of our world.

You've done something really nice here, which pretty evidently the corporations couldn't, for lack of artists I think. I kind of wish you could help one or two of them on this, which would also support your work. Painter, of course. In doing so, we have sometimes to concentrate on what we can help for others, those who will use the result. I did this for many years as a consultant, quite a few of them in your back yard(!), dann habe ich ein gefuhl es kann funktionieren, bei unser welt...

Thanks,
Clive

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Ach was!? Hehehe, I'm happy you've found your way here, that's for sure. :)
I think, all I do always had and has a great deal to do with my faith in the universe, which includes me not getting a virus, hahahaha. But that certainly wouldn't be the last reason for people to call me crazy! :P

I haven't been approached, yet, by the big boys, but something tells me they don't yet sense what's coming! 8-)
...in a way, though, I'm really trying to approach painting and digital art in a way that might be quite different from "the old ways", you know. It's not easy to imagine for me that I could have the kind of freedom to explore, needless to mention my ideals of getting everyone to paint without having to ponder over an investment, but allow those, who can to support my continued efforts to create this for all.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:54 pm

Hey Clive,

Verve is running on four different systems here.
Two Kaspersky, two Norton "protected".
Just define an exception for verve.exe, that's it.
You can get it out of quarantine.
No more annoying nonsense alaram.

Viruses will find your way from other sides and I am pretty sure that those who are really of dangerous to all of us will never be alarmed by Kaspersky or Norton.
Maybe those are already on your computer but much more likely from some strange I-net sites than from a little painter prog. ?!
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]