Hey there,...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: Hey there,...

Haha thank you, my computer is actually struggling to run it at the moment. :( I'll try it out some more tomorrow, hopefully running it on its own will help.
I'll show you how bad I am as soon as I can :D

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:54 pm

Well, since your computer has already found out how bad I am...it's no more than fair! :lol:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:30 am

Hey, all.

My name is Zidders or just Zid, and I'm a 39 year old who has been into art & music since I was just a kid. While I've been playing guitar since 1986 I only just started drawing again after not having done so for almost two decades (mostly due to poor self-esteem-I'm a lot happier a person now). I've gotten into digital art in a big way, and a friend of mine showed me a video of this program earlier tonight.

If you'd like to check out my art you can here http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zidders/

Some might have guessed it from the link but for those who don't know what Furaffinity is about I mostly draw anthropomorphic or 'furry' artwork, basically art that gives human-like features to animals, and I consider myself part of the furry community (I usually go by Zidders Roofurry because I'm a roo!). I'm also a brony (fan of My little Pony:Friendship is Magic). I'm not just into art and music I also write poetry as well as fiction. What I hopefully plan to do in life is spread happiness, and help people who are depressed or are fellow survivors of sexual abuse. I believe that this is why my talents are what they are, and I hope that I'll some day be able to use your program to accomplish something that helps heal others.

Thanks again for all the hard work as well as for being a decent person. Both are very much appreciated.

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:06 am

Taron wrote:Are you seeing my signature? ;)
http://www.taron.de

Also, art and design are currently some of the most sought after professions. It would be just as promising, if not more, were you to go for those majors. People are just not familiar enough with what's going on in the world right now and still think in terms of suit+tie=salary.
Constant praise is not the cause of arrogance, just a supporting factor. I'm familiar with constant praise, if I may say so, :lol:, for the last...oh...kind of all of those years, but especially the last 16 years, I think. Sometimes it may even be the absence of praise where it counts the most, which triggers some of it. But the most important reason is the skewed idea of "self-importance", not understanding that one is nothing without everyone else and the expectation to be understood as "special" before actually having earned it and then not caring about that aspect instead. :)
You live somewhere in Southeast asia? Korea? Philippines? Just curious. ;)
Well, as long as you focus on your art, it doesn't matter where you are or where you come from. And always keep in mind that your art is very much for the purpose of "international communications"...if not even "universal communications". ;)
Art is also really "just another" occupation at the end. We all are meant to do something and ideally that is something we can do successfully, something in which we can excel, because we truly love doing it, we are ready to put all our efforts into it. Whether this is art, fixing things, helping people, managing stuff or inventing solutions, it doesn't matter what it is, as long as you have the will power to make it happen and make it work.

I thought.. I thought that'll just link me back to the forum's main page! :oops: :lol:

Oh woooww awesome!! 3D, huh... I guess not the stuff for me! And maybe animating too! I don't understand a thing in Flash :cry: But really gosh those were amazing you got the lighting and everything right, especially the.. alien (?) models wow just look at the details! And textures.. and everything :shock:

I'm... thinking about it. Yeah, sure, people say I still have 3 more years to decide and blah but come on! 3 years is soo short if you think about it! I'm even more confused now! How much is the pay...? Like, maybe the average annual salary? Let's keep it simple and ignore other factors..

Just like celebrities... Especially young ones. Start cute and innocent and now they're wilder than rampaging elephants! (not sure where that came from, but ahh.. excuse my wonky brain today!)

Nope, Indonesia. Any job not the suit and tie here is underrated and underpaid. So I gotta get some kind of scholarship if I really want to make decent money with art.

I know.. maybe I should do it regardless the money? But I need money! The real battle here is money vs passion...

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:11 am

The real battle is true dedication!
Art is something that grabs you and doesn't let you go. You'd be ready to work tirelessly to explore and learn, countless sleepless nights for many years, never ever to be really satisfied with what you can do, but highly satisfied when you do it. There is no such thing as "becoming an artist", really, because if you really are an artist, you'll be the last to ever know it, no matter how many times it may be told to you.
There's no definite salary for the creative field. Not to mention that each country has its own ideas about the value of work. Eventually you have to determine to yourself what your time is worth. Here, too, an artist cares most about being able to live off his craft and not so much about how high the compensation. When I was your age I started working on multimedia productions and got the equivalent of like $12 per hour. Until I was asked by another company to do a job and got offered $30 an hour when I was 18 or 19, I don't remember exactly anymore. Then I turned freelancer and soon went up to $50...all the while working day and night like a mad man. I did look very scary then, pale, thin, hidden away in my studio-dungeon, hahahaha, blinds always down. Anyway, it was fine for me, but I'm sure it's been scary for those, who'd see me at night, getting smokes, hahaha. By the time I was invited to the States, I had developed a reputation that gave me a strong start in the visual effects industry, yet, compared to what I was making in Germany, it was actually a little less, but I didn't have to work day and night anymore as much, still every now and then. I had to tear myself out of it, move away from the States to really meet life again.
I'm not sure, if you would like such a life for yourself now. It took me 37 years to wake up from my obsession and actually start living again outside of my profession, so to say. But even now, being back on some projects, I'm sucked into the machine again a little more than I want to. Especially since I've started to develop Verve. :roll: (I just love it way too much!) :oops:

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:58 am

travel artist here to play

taron love your introduction.... I am a world wandering artist myself worked in the industry but then got lured away on adventures and in the last 15 or so years I have been traversing the planet painting murals in schools and studying the power of Zbrush photoshop and other online gems... and managing to trade travel and have fun sometimes in amazing places on shoestring budgets...

right now i have stumbled accreoss a workshop with a amazing aray of machines that can render my art into embroidery and machined timber plus laser etching! too much fun....

your program here absolutely rules!!! liquid gold!

that ability to turn the canvas to a fluid pool is astonishing..

i downloaded the file the other day and then in the process of moving it.... lost track of it.
but now i notice the download page you provide is no longer working?

I cant wait to play and get involved here fun stuff awesome job

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:52 am

That sounds just fantastic, earthtriber! But I'm not sure what's with the download page? It should work just fine?! Try it again, please! :?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4
If you have a virus killer active or the likes, it can sometimes fight my poor lil' painter for no reason whatsoever. No idea what's with it, but it is a "false positive" just in case.

Let me know, if it works again for you, please!
Other than that, your message is solid gold to me! :D

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:01 am

Its all as it should be. Download in effect again. I look forward to sharing.

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Taron wrote:The real battle is true dedication!
Art is something that grabs you and doesn't let you go. You'd be ready to work tirelessly to explore and learn, countless sleepless nights for many years, never ever to be really satisfied with what you can do, but highly satisfied when you do it. There is no such thing as "becoming an artist", really, because if you really are an artist, you'll be the last to ever know it, no matter how many times it may be told to you.
There's no definite salary for the creative field. Not to mention that each country has its own ideas about the value of work. Eventually you have to determine to yourself what your time is worth. Here, too, an artist cares most about being able to live off his craft and not so much about how high the compensation. When I was your age I started working on multimedia productions and got the equivalent of like $12 per hour. Until I was asked by another company to do a job and got offered $30 an hour when I was 18 or 19, I don't remember exactly anymore. Then I turned freelancer and soon went up to $50...all the while working day and night like a mad man. I did look very scary then, pale, thin, hidden away in my studio-dungeon, hahahaha, blinds always down. Anyway, it was fine for me, but I'm sure it's been scary for those, who'd see me at night, getting smokes, hahaha. By the time I was invited to the States, I had developed a reputation that gave me a strong start in the visual effects industry, yet, compared to what I was making in Germany, it was actually a little less, but I didn't have to work day and night anymore as much, still every now and then. I had to tear myself out of it, move away from the States to really meet life again.
I'm not sure, if you would like such a life for yourself now. It took me 37 years to wake up from my obsession and actually start living again outside of my profession, so to say. But even now, being back on some projects, I'm sucked into the machine again a little more than I want to. Especially since I've started to develop Verve. :roll: (I just love it way too much!) :oops:

My exams will be over tomorrow finally! :D

I know I know! And wow I never expected 50 bucks an hour! Okay... I think, you've made my decision.. kind of more clear now?

I would so love to just draw all day! :D And get paid for doing just that! Of course I still liked doing sports like ice skating or badminton but I can always get a break... right? :lol:

Thank you so much! I am going to remember you when I get older, and possibly, even successful ;)

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:54 am

Don't waste too much time dreaming about the future, really. Focus on what you want to do now and be present as strong as you can be! :)
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]