Hey there,...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Tue May 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Re: Hey there, it's Beretta!

Hey Taron, I found it here :) Just downloaded the latest version and tested it out, so I thought I would give you my results and thoughts. The updates you made work great and the resolution adjustment is fantastic, my laptop seems to handle the higher res. just fine and it really makes the paint look smooth. The color picker update has also made a big difference in my opinion. Everything is working better than ever, hats off to you good sir :) Any advice on this new tablet I asked you about in YouTube would be appreciated, in regards to working with it and Verve. I know you told me about brush 4 and the tilt feature, I'm going to watch tutorials on the Pro of course but wanted to know your thoughts too. Thanks again for your hard work and I look forward to hearing from you, and some new videos too. Great job!!!

Site Admin

Post Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: Hey there,...

Well, I'm still happy with my Wacom Intuos 3. I would stay away from tablet pc's like Cintiq and the likes.
New videos will come soon, I think. I'd like to do a few more updates before then, though! I'm very happy you like the development thus far! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:43 am

Hi Taron
my nane is Lunalight 28 and i am from Germany like you too, a friend of me show me your project and i found here.Iam a hobby digital and semi Manga/realistic and traditionally Artist.I like to work on Photoshop,Paint Tool SAI and other difrent Painting Tools.Iam a hobby artist with great ambition to become a a foot for freelance ,into the door the businesses.
Long term story, i was a artist my whole life and i was never thinking about any different, it feels right, but after the school i become mentally very sick for 8 Years, very less money, no job no vacations or many stuff i can do outside of my room.After a long time a earned my Graphire4 ,after 5 Years i improved so much an earned a INtous 4 L its my great treasure.( if you have very less money you have to spare it for a lone time).It was an improvement of 100% my works become more and more deeper of knowledge,lighting ,colours etc.... but like many artists lack of ideas,technique or influenced by my emotions/family/ rl and this makes me fall behind ,not able to paint for week or months.I learned all this stuff by myself,never taking classes or something.( i had to re-learn many stuff after i wasn't able to draw any more, my mind was dumb)
Sadly i never made it into a creative businesses,sometimes i made small works for friends and private persons for a fix budged, but its more a pocket money to spend it for some useful stuff ( pens, paints or food for my animals).
Still working to become better at painting digital and my health to recover.My life has become very complicated and i don't know what my future brings.
Maybe you like my stuff.
http://lunalight.deviantart.com/ ( not up to date)
https://www.facebook.com/kirakiraluna ( i paint and draw many traditional stuff)
Intel i-7-2600k 3.40GHz | Asus Geforce GTX 750TI OC |Win 7 64 bit -16 GB Memory|120 GB SSD
Wacom Intous 4 L <3 ( a huge Hardware update)

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:58 am

Lunalight, I love your tendency to use vibrant colors and create those endearing shapes. Beautiful work. I absolutely love the fish, too, by the way! Condolences about Daisy, by the way, I know exactly what it feels like, but the universe knows best and it never looks back. Only we look back and forget that everything is meant to become better and better and everyone has to hold on and try for as long as possible, but need not fear since nothing ever gets lost. Daisy by now long back again for the next round and will learn even more as within her the love and care you've given her still resonates and will do so for ever! :)

What ever troubles you've experienced, you're channeling it into beautiful creativity and I'm already thrilled thinking about Verve in your hands! It's very different from all other paint apps I know of, so you might have to rethink some of your techniques again, but at the same time Verve is meant to be easy and as wild or as controlled as you want it to be or as you feel like. Don't ever worry one bit, but just seek to enjoy what you're doing! Don't force yourself, but entice yourself to move forward with your explorations. Love is the only true power that leads us to finding and expressing ourselves, which ever way we choose. ;)

Above all that: WELCOME TO THE FORUM, LUNALIGHT! :D
(Und wenn's mal zu schwierig wird mit dem Englisch, schreib' ruhig in Deutsch oder email mir direkt!) 8-)

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks for your kind words :)
Daisy is in Bunny Heaven and i found a new girl for my Murphy.I am sad that shes gone it hurts, but i not mourning any longer.Time has passed, my life goes on.
Verve is a great tool to express.
Intel i-7-2600k 3.40GHz | Asus Geforce GTX 750TI OC |Win 7 64 bit -16 GB Memory|120 GB SSD
Wacom Intous 4 L <3 ( a huge Hardware update)

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi Taron! Stroke of genius on the canvas rotation! :D
Visit: http://www.k4icy.com/ dA: https://www.deviantart.com/mikek4icy FB: mike.maynard.9277 email: mikek4icy@gmail.com
System Info: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 (12Gb), AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 Ghz, 16 Gb, Windows 11

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:37 am

Weeee.... thanks, Mike! ;)

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Hey back at you guys.

I too feel a little out of place here next to professionals/semi-professionals and people who actually know what they're doing - but who cares? :D
So I'm 19 years old and from Germany and after finishing school last year I decided against Art School/Design and am now kinda studying law. Main reason was that I have my highs and lows when it comes to motivation and productivity but my creative highs and lows are even more extreme than with anything else, so I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to rely on the highs. Law is always the same and I take an interest in all that stuff anyways - and if necessary I can (more or less) pull myself together to get things done (at least by the time I have to pass my exams ^^). - However I do really not want to stop being creative but besides writing I can't do much right now. There's no room for my piano and my desktop-PC is a little old, so all-out-painting adventures in PS are not that enjoyable anymore and I took a liking to Autodesk's sketchbook for Android so I mostly scribble thing in there. To play around with photos to make backgrounds, wallpapers and stuff like that PS still works just fine but it's not really what I want to do. - Since I'm permanently broke I won't be able to afford a new system that soon.. Still: I am determined to make Verve work somehow and will see how far I will get, after all it seems to be just what I want. So... other than setting the fluidity to 0% any other advice? I would start with the lowest possible settings and then see how far I can take it. - I just cannot not try it since it is pretty much what I always missed and always longed for when I picked up digital art a few years ago. - Maybe I can digitally go back to the old days where I messed up colours all over the canvas (and table, and floor and the walls. Including the ones on my way to the bathroom, so pretty much the entire house) without having to clean it up afterwards. I mean: Who doesn't want to act like a child whenever possible and Verve seems to be perfect to be a child again, to play around and let one's creativity go wild. Though on the more serious side; the key-based handling and the whole smooth/smudge/averaging is what I miss in PS and I really hope that I can finally do what I was interested in in the first place.

Since I will get a new PC-system sooner or later: aside from a good graphics card; any special needs for Verve? Would suck to have the opportunity to get just what I want/need and then forget something.

(If something did not really make sense I apologize but I kinda just wrote down what I was thinking without thinking about it twice)

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Wilkommen zum Forum, Javii! ;)
Law instead of Art, hmmm....either way you'll find a way to do it justice! :P
It's good that you know yourself, but don't underestimate yourself either. As a human being we go through highs and lows, that's entirely normal. The only question is whether our love for what we do can prevail, and if it is there, it won't ever go away! I'm an artist my entire life and am well acquainted with the rhythms we have to deal with. I simply allow myself to have them and don't stress against them. Few jobs really allow for that. The big principle is to use each high to get higher, so to say, hehe...(sounds a bit weird, I guess :mrgreen: ).
Anyway, see if you can get a decent NVidia card into your new system, but other than that...it's all good! 8-)

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:37 am

Danke, danke :D

And yes I do hope I chose the right path. And Art and stuff is a great hobby and there it is no problem if I detest a pencil or brush for a few weeks - or even months - before I pick it up again and work (or rather obsess) on something for hours without even noticing the change from day to night and day again. - But who knows how things will be in the future :)

Though; I was able to briefly test Verve by now and am really surprised; turns out my graphics card is not all that bad after all... it's just my RAM that sucks as it seems. So Verve runs just fine so far (played around for about one hour and at some point when I hit random keys and things got kinda messed up the whole thing crashed once. But after restarting and sticking to the buttons until I know where to find the right shortcut everything went really smooth and without any lag :D ).

Since I have no idea about graphics cards and didn't see it listed in the other thread any opinions on/experiences with the ATI Radeon HD 4670..? I saw some other cards listed ... just with different numbers in the end (whatever those mean). Before I add mine to the list I'd like to test Verve a little more within the next couple of days.

But even after playing around for roughly an hour I know it is just what I've been searching for and I so love you - and hate you at the same time! The love is for obvious reasons - and the hate for tempting me to play with Verve instead of studying ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]