Hey there,...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:47 am

Re: Hey there,...

Ohoho, good thing I wrote "temporary" or should've said "preliminary". Currently you have to hit [k] to activate it and [k] again to get out of it. This then activates the mask. BUT it's inverted. With this lasso you select the protected area. It's just happenstance, because I wanted to test my lasso routine to create values. For traditional lasso you then have to invert the mask with [ctrl]+[shift]+[q].
If you want to get rid of the lasso outline you will have to hit [k] twice, which activates and deactivates it again. The mask will still be active, though! Toggle the mask active state with [q].

1. [k] activates lasso - now you draw your lasso selection
2. [k] ends lasso drawing and activates mask, but the lasso selection is the mask and not the hole in the mask
3. [ctrl]+[shift]+[q] inverts the mask and now it's similar to how you know it from photoshop, for example.
4. [k] and again [k] toggles lasso mode on and off and removes the lasso outline, but the mask still exists and is active (as indicated by the little glowing red star button in the lower right corner next to the red mask button.
5. [q] to toggle mask active off

NOTHING of it will stay that way, do not worry! I will make this a real feature with proper implementation. You are playing with a quick test and proof of concept, but nothing more. Later it will get all the bells and whistles such as feathering and boolean operations just the way you know it.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:49 pm

Hello,

"Relaxed and focused" from Gnomon Lightwave modelling course and "I like to scare little dogs...yes, dogs...it's fun" animation are my oldest memories of you, Taron :D

Recently I found Vervette and it's so satisfying to play with! You are incredible, true renaissance person :D

Yours sincerely

Zruud

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:34 am

Oh, ah, my youthful wisdom, haha, what nice memories. Thanks for telling me, Zruud, starts me off with a smile! :hug:
I can't wait to get Vervette completed to really kickstart a community with it and start a really exciting revolution. :hyper: ...because there will be some amazing possibilities and powers in there.
There are a bunch of things I still want to work out better, but the bones are truly coming together these days.

Well thanks for making my day and I sure hope we'll make plenty more memories together! c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]