Hey there,...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:29 am

Re: Hey there,...

Well, that makes you instantly my supertreasure! ;) :lol:
WELCOME ABOARD! :beer:
Yes, I really hope you get a machine with a decent graphics card very soon! Preferably Nvidia, really, I can recommend them very much. If you're on a budget, I'm sure something like my GTX 970 should be fairly cheap these days and is beautiful. I'm very happy!

Well, Verve had never tried to do anything too complex, but work with the spirit of fluid dynamics in the most direct way possible. That brought certain concessions in its behavior, which are very unusual for "proper" paint apps, but allow for a far more natural experience along the way. I will continue to explore more options, also involving more common procedures, but I will most certainly always maintain access to the nature of it as it is now, too. Many things are still itching to be discovered and explored, which makes me so very deeply happy. Above all I'm happy I can share it with you and get the privilege to welcome new artists here just like you!

Welcome again and ....oh my, I got a phone call and didn't even get to finish this post????? I'm so sorry, haha. There was like one last word missing! :PP :lol:
:beer:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:22 pm

supertrash wrote:I love Verve.

Hello, hi.

I just discovered Verve today on Borodante's YouTube channel and I was already really interested, but then I tried it myself and it just blew me away. I've been hunting for apps that played around with simulating traditional mediums, or should I say complex responsive brushes? I've tried Expresii, Painter (including Thick Paint), and I'm gonna try Rebelle 2 when I have the chance. Verve is my favorite though, hands down. Unfortunately though, my laptop is weak, and I can only comfortably paint at below 1000px resolution. (I'm gonna post my first doodle and write my GPU specs in the appropriate topics.)

Loving verve and saving for a better machine,
Supertrash

That's funny: I've discoverd VERVE about 3 days ago on Borodante's channel, too. I also wanted a simulation for traditional medium, especially watercolors like "supertrash".
I've tried Artrage, Rebelle 2, Expresii (and bought them all...)
Now I try out VERVE and I think I discovered that I do not have to mimic a specific medium. I can cross the boarder of it and discover new ways in art.

My name is Tilo and I'm from Germany. I'm an architect who designs and sells prefabricated houses. Painting and making music is just a hobby.
My main page is www.render.house

I'm on Windows 10 on a notebook with a GTX 980, 8 GB and a Cintiq 27''

Taron: I would say you are a Leonardo da Vinci of our time. You program Verve and other things, sculpt, paint, make music in a professional region I don't think I will ever reach. On top of that you offer such a genius program for free.
A big thank you for that.
But the thing I find really funny are your video-demonstrations. After 3/4 of the videos you say goodbye and then comes "one more thing"...

You are so funny and sometimes you sound like a teenager without sorrows and it seems you are very lucky in what you do now. I've read some stuff about your life and it's very interesting.
I always want to see the faces of the persons in internet I "speak" with, because I feel more personality behind the sentences when I know how someone look likes. I think I've found a picture of you. No, I'm not a stalker... :uhuhuh:
My mother would say: "Seelenvolle Augen". But one picture of someone is only a small shot of their lives.

I'm super excited and hope that you will develop some more things for Verve.

Have a good time!
Windows 10 professional, Notebook with Intel Core i7-6700 4Ghz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 980 with 8 GB RAM, Cintiq 27'

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Wow, Tilo, thank you very much, really! What a beautifully uplifting post. :hug:
Yaha, kindred spirits, as they say... Amiga, Imagine, Deluxe Paint...wohoo! I totally forgot about Imagine, by the way, funny. Nice reminder! Didn't see "Brilliance" mentioned, but that ended up replacing Deluxe Paint for me. :ugeek: :lol:
Anyway, again, I'm enormously flattered and once I've gone to the dentist, I might just record a little video for you to see who I am. :? :shrug: :oops: :D

Before I forget, though: WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :beer:
Can't wait to see what you'll do with Verve and I'll snoop around on your website some more. 8-)

Oh, but one more thing...
There soon will be another update, finally offering 16 bit png import among possibly some other things and hopefully even a new video after ages. ;)

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Taron wrote:Wow, Tilo, thank you very much, really! What a beautifully uplifting post. :hug:
Yaha, kindred spirits, as they say... Amiga, Imagine, Deluxe Paint...wohoo! I totally forgot about Imagine, by the way, funny. Nice reminder! Didn't see "Brilliance" mentioned, but that ended up replacing Deluxe Paint for me. :ugeek: :lol:
Anyway, again, I'm enormously flattered and once I've gone to the dentist, I might just record a little video for you to see who I am. :? :shrug: :oops: :D

Before I forget, though: WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :beer:
Can't wait to see what you'll do with Verve and I'll snoop around on your website some more. 8-)

Oh, but one more thing...
There soon will be another update, finally offering 16 bit png import among possibly some other things and hopefully even a new video after ages. ;)

I don't know the program brilliance. DeluxePaint was a milestone for me.
Beside your teeth :D (I don't care about them) I like video-tutorials most, where the speaker is shown in a small window while he/she is working. But that's a lot of extra-work in a video-editor.
What would be much more important for me to see the keys you are pressing. You are sometimes so fast because you operate your program so fluently that a beginner like me is not able to follow what you have done to follow your steps.
I found this little program: http://www.kratronic.com/tools-de/recorder/index.html
Maybe this function is implemented in your screen-capture-software. I haven't found a screenrecording-software with this feature included. Do you know one?
Windows 10 professional, Notebook with Intel Core i7-6700 4Ghz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 980 with 8 GB RAM, Cintiq 27'

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:38 am

Haven't checked for it, yet, but I could actually write such a display into Verve. I've done something like it for my MaCrea tutorial, where I wrote a cute little mouse as pointer, haha. Might still be on Vimeo, haven't checked in a long time.
AH YES:
https://vimeo.com/14030320

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:57 am

That would really be handy! Because I plan do to some videos for me to remember what I do and what knob reacts in which manner. I know me: I'm excited about something and learn it. But then pops up another interesting thing and I make this. When I return to the first thing it's hard for me to remember.
And Verve is much better to control with shortcuts, which I like, but therefor difficult to learn.
I've just discovered the thread with all suggestions.
I'm reading now from the beginning of 2016, because I don't want to make suggestions which are written already.

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:01 pm

THANK YOU for your donation, Tilo, that's super sweet! :hug: :ob
And thank you for being so thoughtful to go through the suggestions, but don't worry about it too much. If you have any wishes, just let lose and write'em down. It won't hurt and may even lead to some advice from me or others here. Also, don't forget to read the INFO(manual) thread under Downloads & Info. Some of the latest changes may not be in there as well as some "hidden experiments", such as [y], which toggles finer fluid interpolation steps and other temporary things such as lasso [k].

Anyway, I'm very happy you're on board! :hyper:

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:03 pm

And seen that i like to comment a lot on the Youtube video's, it only seems proper that i introduce myself here as well.

Hello everyone. My name is Mark 'deMuze' is a pseudonym i chose because i like to create, invent as well as inspire others.

I've been drawing as a hobby from a very early age, but really started to enjoy it by using software to draw and create.
From about 1992, using the early versions of CorelDraw on Macintosh, to Adobe Photoshop in the late 1990's, i still used a mouse to draw.

Early 2000's i bought a simple Trust tablet, soon thereafter a small second hand Wacom untill last year, when i got myself a slightly bigger Wacom Bamboo.

Since 2004 i also combined drawings and vector design with other software such as Terragen (for designing landscapes) and Apophysis (to create fantastic fractal images)

2 years ago i went to the local art institute and became a student graphical art, mostly printing techniques, but also a lot of basics to learn how to express and elevate creations to another level.

Early this year i experimented with ink on a printing plate, and it rather looked like painting, except the paint was too thick and left a lot of smudges on the paper as well.
The ink is always evenly applied, not with a brush, but with a square piece of rubber, and i found out i could use the engraved metal as a backdrop to the 'painting' i created with the ink.
Next year is supposed to be the year in which to experiment, using one or more of the 9 different techniques we learned, and i'd like to use Verve for experimenting some more.

So i'm very thankfull that this software exists and already quite a lot of people are using it.
Drawing and designing is a hobby of mine, and other than what i have learned from the books, or the internet, i do not consider myself an expert.
But if i can help, comment or inspire to help other people grow, and more so enjoy using Verve, i will surely contribute on this forum.

So cheers to you all, have a great summer, and hope to talk to you real soon!

bye for now, Mark

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Something tells me that you will contribute to a great summer for us all! :beer: WELCOME, MARK!
Dang, though, now I really want to see some of your ink-on-printing-plate experiments! You can't just drop something like that without a little image attached! :uhuhuh: ;)
Your background sounds familiar and is close to my heart for sure. I've made it my occupation when I realized that this is how I could contribute best to others at that time, but eventually I realized that creating tools is something I can do, too, and likely far more important, because it enables others to discover and explore their creativity. Sometimes this is the one thing that gets people to feel and remember the universal "glue"- we also call "love"- and thereby may wake up even more within them, which should be widely awake. It's not at all about them finding their "purpose" in it, but remembering to look for and discover their true purpose, what ever it may be.
With Verve I'm truly hoping to provide a platform to just enjoy visual exploration not via "gimmick", but via a kind of natural, relatable motion that adheres to your impulses, while you can dial it back into your control or let it go beyond it. c:!

Again, welcome to the forum and I'm very much looking forward to seeing your art and explorations! :hyper: :beer: ...and thanks, of course! :hug:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:24 am

Taron wrote:other temporary things such as lasso [k].

Hi, how to use this shortcut? When I press it I can only draw selection, but nothing more. It seems it doesn't limit working area as "lasso" seems to be. :o
And then I cannot get rid of it when I want to do anything else than playing with selection. :| :roll:
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]