Hey there,...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Re: Hey there,...

Uh, it feels good to be hated for the right reasons! :lol:
I'm very happy to hear all that, except the crash, of course. I would've loved to know what it was! :? Always a pleasure... 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:17 pm

As for the crashing I do really not know why it happened - well... it did not really 'crash' it was more like the window just closed. The same thing happened today after roughly an hour (yesterday it was about an hour too). Though today it sucked since I was just about to save :cry: :lol: Somewhere in between I set fluidity to 100% and had a really large brush for a while and it din't lag at all so I doubt it is because of the graphicscard. It was literally out of the blue and without any warning, it was kinda like when you cancel/close a process via task manager... just without the confirmation :?

Is there any way to find out what caused it?

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:24 am

Graphics Memory can do that. If somehow suddenly new texture memory is requested without getting it, it can shut down, BUT that is entirely my sloppiness! I still don't have any error checking for the GL, so...I apologize dearly! Did you have a few layers already and was fluidity on 0% before you changed it to 100%? At 0 it uses 5 less buffers, while smudge at 0% still uses 2 more than usual. Eh...I'll have to take care of that on the weekend. :|
THANKS, though...hmmm, maybe I should move this conversation to its own thread! 8-)

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:07 pm

Yah, maybe this should be moved... xD However; I started out with fluidity on 0% and gradually pushed it to 100%, when that worked fine I played around with some other things, brush size, build up, smudge etc. - and it worked just fine the whole time - I then started a doodle with fluidity around 30-40 build up with roughly 5-15 and what I did with the smudge thing I don't know anymore and as I said: It closed after a while. But: Now I know for some reason it shuts down after about an hour, so I'll just save in time for now xD

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Uh, that is weird!? :? ...card overheating maybe? How bad does it blast the fan?

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:36 pm

Not an more than usual - and with the update I had no more closing-windows - so whatever it was, I suppose it's fixed :)

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:58 pm

YAY!

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:28 pm

BY THE WAY...
Ok, now not as loud... hey, I'd love to know where you're coming from, just because I really get a big kick out of it. So if you want to give me even more to cheer about, write a tiny bit more info into your profile...if only where you're coming from. Naturally, I'd love to know your birthday, too, but people are so scared to reveal any data about themselves nowadays, which is kinda understandable, but also often pretty silly. I was born on the 19th of July, 1972 in Germany. See, I don't feel terrified that somebody knows this now, hehehe! ;)

So, yeah, feel free to make my days a bit brighter by knowing a bit more, who I'm talking to and who's sharing the journey with me now! :D

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Hey there,

I'm Romero, from Frankfurt am Main, Germany. I like to doodle, with paint, lines or music. I resisted to join Taron's Forum way too long, I felt not being able to use Verve (because of Mac being not all that great) made me unworthy. Finally got around to get Windows running via Bootcamp, and am now completely overwhelmed with Verve. Don't expect any artwork worth to be called such from me anytime soon. Have to understand what I'm doing first … :lol:
System Info: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 (512 MB), MacPro 3,1 Quad-Core Xeon (2.8 Ghz), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:53 pm

W E L C O M E, my brother from another mother! :D
No need to understand what you're doing at all... if that was a necessity, Verve might not have seen the light of day itself, HAHAHA! :lol:
It's an "experimental fluid-dynamics painter" with all possible weight on the word "EXPERIMENTAL"...so you can just do some wild things with it and feel no remorse to share it in the Gallery threads...especially the "First doodle" is begging for wicked stuff! ;)

But I know you'll sooner than later do plenty of beautiful paintings. Check out the Challenge Threads and Daily Sketches, too. Plenty of inspirations to liberate yourself a little and also do some abstract stuff to get a feel for Verve's spectrum of behaviors. 8-)

I'm thrilled to have you on board! :D
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]